Investing General Discussion

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah we need to trade this like a downtrend (because that is what it is) until it proves otherwise. We are likely to see face ripping rallies that with little notice flip back to selling. It's just random bouts of short covering and squeezing.

This is where discipline pays off for sure. I spent the last 2 weeks playing Gollum with yelling at myself for missing a rally while also yelling at myself to not sell low buy high into a market I didn't actually have confidence in and then in the space of 3 days here we are.

SPY now about 4.x% off its ATH, which in the scheme of things is nothing. The interesting thing will be to see how much retail wakes up and panics. We could see a true SPY correction on light news and fear?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
It’s happening.

dell palantir and Erie. Erie was my aforementioned only green stock on the day. I do wonder what kind of warning the major funds get that a stock is being added because the price action today was just weird, literal sea of red even in the insurance sector and ERIE pumping like a mofo +2% even before the announcement.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Space is the future. This is why I’m bullish on RKLB. The two primary rocket builders in 4 years will be spacex and RKLB.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blazin Blazin Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Keep an eye on that Yen / USD. Getting back up to danger levels that sparked the early August carry trade unwind.

1725812869977.png

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes

Keep an eye on that Yen / USD. Getting back up to danger levels that sparked the early August carry trade unwind.

View attachment 545001
Looking at a lot of data and charts this weekend and we are set for a bounce next week. Logical level including the one you are showing for it to make a stand. Sure we might just fall apart but I think the bounce is more likely. What I'm concerned about is that rally falling apart. Reading sentiment, people are so beared up its pretty extreme. We all know it only takes two days of green and everyone is back to roses and lollipops .

We are too many days for away from the Fed for it to just drop into the meeting. It will more likely find a spot to sit going into the meeting that makes positioning difficult for everyone. The fed speakers all affirmed a rate cut but we are going into the meeting with more unknown than we have had in a long time. I still think its 0.25 and then a wild presser as people try to gleam the glide of the path.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Looking at a lot of data and charts this weekend and we are set for a bounce next week. Logical level including the one you are showing for it to make a stand. Sure we might just fall apart but I think the bounce is more likely. What I'm concerned about is that rally falling apart. Reading sentiment, people are so beared up its pretty extreme. We all know it only takes two days of green and everyone is back to roses and lollipops .

We are too many days for away from the Fed for it to just drop into the meeting. It will more likely find a spot to sit going into the meeting that makes positioning difficult for everyone. The fed speakers all affirmed a rate cut but we are going into the meeting with more unknown than we have had in a long time. I still think its 0.25 and then a wild presser as people try to gleam the glide of the path.
As a long term index fund hodler I’m trying to interpret this. Seems like there’s no harm holding onto cash the next few weeks instead of investing it now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
As a long term index fund hodler I’m trying to interpret this. Seems like there’s no harm holding onto cash the next few weeks instead of investing it now.
Long term holders can ignore cyclical cycles completely. It should be of no concern what so ever . If you hold for a decade it matters not a lick if we drop 20% here and don’t set a new high till 2026 what difference would it make?other than you get a chance to buy stuff cheaper or reinvest dividends at a lower number

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Long term holders can ignore cyclical cycles completely. It should be of no concern what so ever . If you hold for a decade it matters not a lick if we drop 20% here and don’t set a new high till 2026 what difference would it make?other than you get a chance to buy stuff cheaper or reinvest dividends at a lower number
This is truly one of the hardest things to get investors under 40 to understand. If your time horizon is decades, what's happening this week is basically inconsequential.

• 2Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>

This is truly one of the hardest things to get investors under 40 to understand. If your time horizon is decades, what's happening this week is basically inconsequential.

Thanks both of you and yeah it’s very true. One thing I’m struggling with as a mid thirties single is that on one hand it’s very easy for me to invest pretty bullish due to age and life stage but also I’m having trouble understanding how to simultaneously be prepared if say, I were to start a family within the next 5 years (which would include either building a house on my land or buying one)

My advisor managed portfolio is still 20% bonds so it’s got some “conservative” to it. My own personal portfolio that I started with yalls help last year is about 70% FXAIX and 30% QQQM. My 401k is being maxed not only at 24k but via mega backdoor roth I maxed it at 69k this year.

I’m thinking maybe my advisor managed portfolio which makes up probably 70-75% of my invested net worth is where I could tap any money I need for 5 year life scenario changes. My personal portfolio I think is now maybe 10% of my total net worth so I’m ok still being bullish and just dumping into FXAIX and QQQM.

Like I’ve mentioned before I’m not contributing anymore money to my advisor managed portfolio.

If either of you have some wisdom to impart I’d appreciate it. I think I’m fine for short term life changes utilizing advisor managed portfolio with 20% of it in bonds but I’m also really new to broader financial planning.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks both of you and yeah it’s very true. One thing I’m struggling with as a mid thirties single is that on one hand it’s very easy for me to invest pretty bullish due to age and life stage but also I’m having trouble understanding how to simultaneously be prepared if say, I were to start a family within the next 5 years (which would include either building a house on my land or buying one)
No perfect answer to this, if it was me I think I would just keep long term planning until I very clearly saw the path for the short term need (like building a house) then the moment you are on that path just start directing all available cash flow to that for 1-3 years rather than sit on cash for too long for an unknown date in the future. Depending on timing this could mean borrowing money to bridge a gap.

You're better off making the long term investing now and reserving the needed cash later rather than the other way around.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
No perfect answer to this, if it was me I think I would just keep long term planning until I very clearly saw the path for the short term need (like building a house) then the moment you are on that path just start directing all available cash flow to that for 1-3 years rather than sit on cash for too long for an unknown date in the future. Depending on timing this could mean borrowing money to bridge a gap.

You're better off making the long term investing now and reserving the needed cash later rather than the other way around.
This totally makes sense. Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
QQQ with a nice move off the low, I'm in the green from Friday's buys. I don't like gap ups off a low we often will get a check back at open and it puts me in a difficult situation in regards to stops. We are set up where have a decent shot at a bigly up day and would suck to get dumped out right at the start...

My wife spending the weekend telling me all the things she would like done on property is effecting my psychology and that's never a good thing. Would be great to bank $5-6k today and I can just go back to not giving a shit for a few days.

• 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Fun little trade would have made more if stupid market didn't wait till AH friday to bottom.

I"m out QQQ thanks for the fish
1725891663768.png

• 3Tendies

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bought back the puts contracts I sold on Friday for Half
1725891820421.png

Someone paid me a 50% return on the trade to hold over the weekend.

• 2Worf
  • 1Tendies