Investing General Discussion

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I know you're joking but I've literally been shaken out this easily lately. Going to take a break soon to try to realign so I don't keep getting shaken out the moment the tree starts to move.
Shaken out of an index or some shit stock? Take a lot more than this to get my hackles up in an index.

1725639324621.png

...edit and if wondering, hey blazin is this a high probability set up like you discussed this morning? The answer my friend is "NO, no it's not."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Not here
<Gold Donor>
Shaken out of an index or some shit stock? Take a lot more than this to get my hackles up in an index.

View attachment 544733

...edit and if wondering, hey blazin is this a high probability set up like you discussed this morning? The answer my friend is "NO, no it's not."

Examples of both. I'll maybe post the shitter later as it's pretty funny. I'm set on shitters, overall, though. The algos there are cutthroat as fuck and it's the poors that are there anyway. Id rather run with the big boys.

The real one was CHWY where I panic sold only to see it rebound hard an hour or two later. Shit entry and all that.

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

View attachment 544733

Honest question. Why here and not $442? Where the 200 is sitting on top of long term support?

1725641079568.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the 200 is way too obvious, esp on the back of a -2.6% QQQ move here. Keeping an eye on VIX and 0DTE delta flows.

If we hit that 200D today, I will smash that buy button pretty aggressively.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Not here
<Gold Donor>
Yall already know what I did. Like I said - I need a break to get my vibes back.

Nvm kinda worked out to lower risk.

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blazin Blazin Did you ever exit your FBTC position? I am still holding and it's down(like everything) by quite a bit now. Not planning on selling and I'm sure it will go through another crazy cycle as it seems to more closely track the real world market these days more than the previous life of "bitcoin bruhs" randomly spiking it up.

In hindsight, I'm not sure it is a fantastic play over something like SPY, they seem to be about equal in their momentum swings. That may change when/if options open up for them. I would swap my shares into LEAPs

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Blazin Blazin Did you ever exit your FBTC position? I am still holding and it's down(like everything) by quite a bit now. Not planning on selling and I'm sure it will go through another crazy cycle as it seems to more closely track the real world market these days more than the previous life of "bitcoin bruhs" randomly spiking it up.

In hindsight, I'm not sure it is a fantastic play over something like SPY, they seem to be about equal in their momentum swings. That may change when/if options open up for them. I would swap my shares into LEAPs
I sold my position left it on in my kids accounts

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

If BTC is so detached from the market why does it follow it so often.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ohh I think it does follow it, sorry if I didn't post clearly. It's basically an SPY mirror it seems recently.

I made a good 25% or so at one point, but then I bought back in when it was in the 50's. Now I'm bag holding a bit until it gets back up. This is a position I am looking to dump as soon as possible basically. I would strongly consider a large LEAP though like I mentioned because sometimes BTC does do some weird shit, and if it's truly a mirror to the market/economy in general, it would be a moderately safe play.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ohh I think it does follow it, sorry if I didn't post clearly. It's basically an SPY mirror it seems recently.

I made a good 25% or so at one point, but then I bought back in when it was in the 50's. Now I'm bag holding a bit until it gets back up. This is a position I am looking to dump as soon as possible basically. I would strongly consider a large LEAP though like I mentioned because sometimes BTC does do some weird shit, and if it's truly a mirror to the market/economy in general, it would be a moderately safe play.

I could be wrong, but just from me eyeballing it, it seems to follow QQQ more than SPY.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could be wrong, but just from me eyeballing it, it seems to follow QQQ more than SPY.

You are probably right, I never co-charted them or anything. Just a common up/down trend. It seems to have stopped doing it's own crazy meme-coin thing these days.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Man, straight to the lows on the day on the Qs at close... not a great look.

My entire portfolio had only one green stock today :(

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bloomberg front page:
1725653077693.png

We had -5.3% down on Nasdaq this week. I'd expect a relief move next week. Even if the bears take the narrative, nothing moves in a straight line.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
NOthing into the close, despite putting a trade on, I'm glad trying to find a bottom is much more preferable early in the week. I'm down $1500 i think at the moment. I left it on. They could gap it down and hurt me some but I have so much more buying to do I really don't care, I still way benefit more from down than I would a bounce too early.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Bloomberg front page:
View attachment 544765

We had -5.3% down on Nasdaq this week. I'd expect a relief move next week. Even if the bears take the narrative, nothing moves in a straight line.
Yeah we need to trade this like a downtrend (because that is what it is) until it proves otherwise. We are likely to see face ripping rallies that with little notice flip back to selling. It's just random bouts of short covering and squeezing.

• 1Like