Investing General Discussion

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The suspense is killing me at this rate but not really. Moved my 401k to fidelity near the end of January and have been selling options and misc spacs in it waiting for the pullback to put back into indexs/ETFs and I'm up 33% in two weeks still waiting...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PLTR reports at 8am. Options market predicts a 6% move. I think that is way too understated. This shit is going to move bigly.... in one direct or the other.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it follows everything from the last 2 weeks, they'll report massive earnings and see a 15% drop.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If it follows everything from the last 2 weeks, they'll report massive earnings and see a 15% drop.
Stan Marsh America GIF by South Park

• 1Worf
  • 1Paper Hands
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are autist. And then there are autist. Reading this leaves me speechless.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Tendies
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I dunno, I think there is a large cult of "I want to believe" surrounded PLTR. A good report will trigger a bunch of told you so's and FOMO.

(these thoughts brought to you from the high priest of this cult)

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
I’m also interesting in getting into longer plays. I don’t like checking my stonks every day. I much prefer that egg hatching mentality.
For everyone that replied, I'm not looking for blue chips or the obvious long holds. There are index and ETFs for all the usuals. What I meant by long holds are individual picks that have a longer term potential for a few hundred percent over the next few years.

I'm not a swing trader and options are outside my comfort level until I learn more. Current strategy is all the usual, most in retirement/index/ETF, a little in bonds, and the rest in picks.

On the pick side, I'm looking to do about half in SPACs for the next 6-12 months or shorter/longer depending how the climate changes, and the other half on riskier long term (1-5 years) companies that have higher gain potential.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any thoughts here on Torchlight (TRCH)? It's blowing up. I feel like it's still got a lot of upward mobility. Might be worth an investment.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
So apparently AMC received a 917 million dollar cash infusion of new equity and debt capital. Also there are some rumors of Amazon buying out AMC. No idea how true that is though.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So apparently AMC received a 917 million dollar cash infusion of new equity and debt capital. Also there are some rumors of Amazon buying out AMC. No idea how true that is though.
AMC printed 44.4 million new shares or something recently. It was probably 917 million in cash at one point, but probably not now.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is how Bayesian statistics works and it's not actually a bad analysis.

It's a good analysis based on completely arbitrary numbers he pulled out of his ass. 1% chance of $10? Why not 1.2% of $9? When?

That guy is the most dangerous kind of dumb. He has been educated enough to think that he knows something, but does not understand the limits to his knowledge.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
It's a good analysis based on completely arbitrary numbers he pulled out of his ass. 1% chance of $10? Why not 1.2% of $9? When?

That guy is the most dangerous kind of dumb. He has been educated enough to think that he knows something, but does not understand the limits to his knowledge.
Mist is at best a shit eating chimp. You'll learn to tune out her dipshit responses in a short span of time.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TD Ameritrade finally got their shit together fixing my account. What a mess. People were talking on Reddit about options being assigned, etc that they had sold out of and being issued margin calls. Others with double positions (buy and sell). Doesn't exactly inspire confidence!

Anyway.. today is looking to be VERY green. PSTH up a lot, EBON (bitcoin play) up a lot, longer term re-opening stocks all ticking higher.

Just need Ackman to confirm Stripe for PSTH and make us all filthy rich.

*Edit* Apparently not everyone is in the clear with TDA.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
PLTR beat earnings 8c (consensus 2c). Projected FY21 rev growth >30%.

Stock is down 8%.

• 3Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users