Investing General Discussion

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
IT'S A DECENTRALIZED CURRENCY!!!! GOVERNMENTS CAN'T TOUCH IT!!!

cant touch this music video GIF
Just buy an NFT. That way you have a store of value and own something tangible.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
FLPSX has turned out to be my best purchase after the COVID crash, buying just after the market recovered. It gained quickly in the recovery and has held onto value better than all my other holdings.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
How bad was today for the market as a whole? I spit out my drink when I saw this. Timestamped.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Baek

Golden Knight of the Realm
This shit is insane. What's the first system to melt down?

Attachments

• xd.jpg
    xd.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 50

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I know people hate on ZH, but this is pretty much my investing outlook. Downturns happen and are a part of life. Buy companies who will survive the downturn and come out on the other side.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Qqq nearing my target of 290 while SPY is still 12 pts above target. I layed out the case that this could extend into something worse but despite that I’ll be buying likely today making last qqq purchases .

I’ll have to chuckle if I called the likely bottom of this months ago . Looks pretty ugly out there. I’m more confident going in so heavy at this level because I’m enjoying my property and if it goes further it just becomes something to no longer distract or bother me.

My gut read though is that it doesn’t. But I wouldn’t be risking short term money here on it.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Qqq nearing my target of 290 while SPY is still 12 pts above target. I layed out the case that this could extend into something worse but despite that I’ll be buying likely today making last qqq purchases .

I’ll have to chuckle if I called the likely bottom of this months ago . Looks pretty ugly out there. I’m more confident going in so heavy at this level because I’m enjoying my property and if it goes further it just becomes something to no longer distract or bother me.

My gut read though is that it doesn’t. But I wouldn’t be risking short term money here on it.
My biggest bitch about the market right now is ABBV and UNH having levitation boots on and not dropping with everything else. It is truly aggravating.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Futures not looking great early. Of course a few days ago they were up quite a bit just before the open. Didn't turn out that way at the end of the day.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Futures not looking great early. Of course a few days ago they were up quite a bit just before the open. Didn't turn out that way at the end of the day.
AAPL breaking down. The market follows the big dogs. Always watch the big dogs.

Borzak

Just spectacting at this point from afar. Called in all my investments with private companies the last year. Made my small amount in a short window when I put a large amount into the market in energy earlier in the year. Now I'm just spectating.

I see gas prices dropping sharly soon. Oh nevermind. Seeing the crypto market drop first thought was imagine that, people rather have money they can easily spend on food and gas.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
How bad was today for the market as a whole? I spit out my drink when I saw this. Timestamped.

I was about to comment yesterday how far the pandemic sweetheart stocks have fallen as I was looking at PTON going from $162 to about $12 in 18months

Borzak

I was about to comment yesterday how far the pandemic sweetheart stocks have fallen as I was looking at PTON going from $162 to about $12 in 18months

Turns out their biggest customer base was soccer moms and they really aren't fans of destroying their kid. Just a guess, especially as their disposable income shrinks.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Turns out their biggest customer base was soccer moms and they really aren't fans of destroying their kid. Just a guess, especially as their disposable income shrinks.
It was always a shitty business model and most of us made fun of it here. Slap an ipad on an exercise bike and make users subscribe to classes on the ipad. And charge obscene amounts for said bike.

• 1Solidarity

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The last time AAPL broke below the 50 DMA was 3/20/20. Maybe that date sounds familiar? If then broke down to the 100 DMA and bounced. I expect AAPL to continue the downtrend to $137/$138-ish. That is another 5-6% from yesterdays close. Only once in 5-years did AAPL break the 100 DMA and continue down to the 200 DMA (That was the Xmas meltdown of 2018 where they called in Mnuchin's PPT). Make of this what you will.

A this point I am using mainly 5-year charts going forward.

ps.. A fall to the 200 DMA for AAPL would be... bad. That would represent a 33% drop from yesterday's close.

1652361009970.png

• 1Like

Borzak

It was always a shitty business model and most of us made fun of it here. Slap an ipad on an exercise bike and make users subscribe to classes on the ipad. And charge obscene amounts for said bike.

The ultimate luxury item especially during high inflation/bad times.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Added on top of that most people's fad diet / excercise regimes and any equipment typically becomes a clothes rack sitting in the corner of a room after X months. I called a few times in Jan last year about vaccines rolling out, summer around the corner.. no one in their right mind is going to want to sit on a bike indoors staring at a screen and a wall. I just wish I had more conviction to hold that short longer.

• 2Like