Investing General Discussion

Palum

what Suineg set it to
already spoke to this, pullback to 4500 is a reasonably high probability IMO
Excellent already according to plan, devastating losses followed by giant money printer and inflation to my guess by end of 2024.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Excellent already according to plan, devastating losses followed by giant money printer and inflation to my guess by end of 2024.
Can people speak in anything other than hyperbole? A pullback to 4500 wouldn't even be a correction.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can people speak in anything other than hyperbole? A pullback to 4500 wouldn't even be a correction.
Are you kidding me right now? That'd take us all the way back to the highs of TWO whole months ago. Devastating. My portfolio can't recover from something that big.

• 1Blown
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boeing getting destroyed today, already down to 202. I wouldn't feel comfortable buying unless it bounced off 180, otherwise the previous low is 120.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are you kidding me right now? That'd take us all the way back to the highs of TWO whole months ago. Devastating. My portfolio can't recover from something that big.
If we pull back to two whole months ago, I am buying like 150k worth of bonds and SPY.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm holding you to this and it better not be $140k bonds 10k spy
Realistically it won't be this much because 31k of available funds is set to roll over to a 14-month CD at 5.3% very soon and I'm keeping it that way.

But if 20yr bonds go >5.25 and SPY hits 4500 and I'm not buying $50k of each I'm a weenie.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Judge blocks Spirit/Jet Blue merger

Spirit stock

failed crash and burn GIF by truTV’s Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits & Monsters

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently this was solid advice. Gracias.

450 is a buy, my issue with puts is you'd have to be ready to dump the put and take the equity if it doesn't drop below strike and by locking yourself into the timing of it could cause you to miss a pullback. If you are currently under allocated I would do nothing. If we break out to new highs you probably need to grin and bear it and buy. That's my take.

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes
With Blazin on this. Not worth the poor premiums. Esp prior to earnings kicking off.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Airlines in general are not a profitable, good business….fucking spirit?
I mean, I guess good swing trade opportunities are non-emotional and neutral in design, but spirit?