Investing General Discussion

fris

Vyemm Raider
Gold is tiny and more stable? I don’t know I have extra money and don’t want to fuck around with guitars or art or some shit.
I actually suggested gold to a friend who's looking at a potential divorce. They are very cash oriented, due to credit cards frequently being maxed. I suggested he started using petty cash to buy small gold bars, then have his mother store in a bank lock box in a neighbor state.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I actually suggested gold to a friend who's looking at a potential divorce. They are very cash oriented, due to credit cards frequently being maxed. I suggested he started using petty cash to buy small gold bars, then have his mother store in a bank lock box in a neighbor state.

This is smart. My divorce lasted 18 months and I basically just spent every extra penny I had so she wouldn’t get any extra. Lul.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
1706821350548.png

1706821381211.png

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ended up selling about half my AMZN position today, it was something retarded like 20% of my portfolio, so missing some gains here im sure but I don't wanna be one of those yolo idiots either. And I think everything everyone shared on them is right long term it isn't a great hold.

META was also like 20% of my portfolio and I didn't even consider selling that, I trust founder run companies so much more than most companies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ended up selling about half my AMZN position today, it was something retarded like 20% of my portfolio, so missing some gains here im sure but I don't wanna be one of those yolo idiots either. And I think everything everyone shared on them is right long term it isn't a great hold.
20% of anything is too much in a portfolio.

• 1Like

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
so big tech earnings are over. Fairly strong showing from the guys you would expect to be doing well and imo a bit of surprising strength from Amazon.

I am thinking barring some shock event in the jobs report we should get back into rally mode here. MSFT and GOOG seem to be the two to me who might have some upside. MSFT had pretty strong earnings but unfortunately on a day JP decided to open his mouth.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It amazes me how much effort is put into calculations and predictive analytics around data sets that are meaningless. "We ran the numbers on our politically convenient definition and damn we're doing good!"

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
AAPL bounced mid-day yesterday off the 100-DMA and breached the 200-DMA at the open. Its currently back above it for the moment. $177.60 is its intermediate support level below the 200.

edit: Put in an order to add a little bit at $178 (just above the support line)
Also put in some stop loss orders for MA and V to protect the run ups they had over the last month or so.
Added MSFT to the stop loss crew.

1706885616203.png

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So how many calls did you load up on before earnings was released?
I don't options trade.

Mostly because I can't figure out the interface.

Options trades are like Sextants were in PoE. Just a bridge too far, or a river I have no interest in wading deeply into.

• 1Solidarity