IT/Software career thread: Invert binary trees for dollars.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
You didn't get novelty responses. You just found none of them compelling.
This is pretty much the answer. We can give you a 100 more, integration with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, the whole cha bang, must people turn around and say " microsoft.. nope"

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
So what's the best web developer IDE for someone familiar with C++ development and using Centos (similar to ubuntu) and mongoose (small C++ webserver). I'm mostly writing html, css, js, jquery, canvasjs.

I'm apprentice level when it comes to web development and do it so irregularly that the libraries, syntax etc of all the different pieces represent a big learning curve that I hope to climb with the help of a decent IDE.
Do C#, you are just two characters away.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
JetBrains makes the best IDEs. And if you have a .edu email you can get a number of their IDEs for free.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
brb registering rerolled.edu
Something tells me its not that easy
smile.png

However something like this could work:

How to Get a Free .edu Address for Student Discounts

An alumni email should work as well.

Or just have your company pay for it
smile.png

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm all about saving money, but lying to get a student discount really only makes it so that companies eventually stop offering said student discounts. If enough people do it that is. Don't you guys have grown up jobs? Pay for shit instead of being deadbeats!

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I'm all about saving money, but lying to get a student discount really only makes it so that companies eventually stop offering said student discounts. If enough people do it that is. Don't you guys have grown up jobs? Pay for shit instead of being deadbeats!
Meh. I have a legit student account so I dont use any of that fake shit. But its an option.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
5 ratings, 3 years old, last updated 3 years ago.... I'll stick with C++ for embedded work.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
What are we talking about? the internet of things? or server side development? or website development? I thought the question was about java vs c#, or other html generator language.
If you are doing embedded work, of course c++ is the better route.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm talking about an IDE to write js, html, css. So WebStorm is working pretty well, but I haven't put it through it's full paces yet.

Another IDE I really liked for this was NetBeans, but I think I liked that because it had good integration with some kind of apache debugger for PHP. I'm not using PHP for this though. but one thing I remember NetBeans having was that its syntactic help opened up verbose descriptions of what all the stuff was, which was helpful to climb the learning curve.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My school let me keep my .edu email for life, for some reason. Everything I've read is most schools shut them down like 6 months after graduation, but I just got a mail from my university saying feel free to use it forever

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That extra $5/mo will fuck you over if you ever get divorced! Don't let your wife know about the .edu discount!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Question: is there a data structure that is sort of like a Queue or Stack but is random access? For example, I request an element at a particular index, that element is retrieved and automatically removed from the set.

I can create such a beast with a custom Dictionary class with some added logic to remove the key after retrieval. But was just curious if there was a formal name for such a beast.