John Wick (2014)

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw it, loved it. Action was fantastic. It knew what kind of movie it was and delivered it to perfection.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You seriously didn't find any interactiion in the movie funny at all?
I'm not remembering any off the top of my head. I'm also not saying there weren't any, they just weren't memorable. Outside of some of the action scenes, this movie wasn't very memorable.

And none of that is a knock against the movie. I got what I expected, it was a decent movie. I wish they would have gone more heavily on the close combat handguns theme, but whatever.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm not remembering any off the top of my head. I'm also not saying there weren't any, they just weren't memorable. Outside of some of the action scenes, this movie wasn't very memorable.

And none of that is a knock against the movie. I got what I expected, it was a decent movie. I wish they would have gone more heavily on the close combat handguns theme, but whatever.
I guess we all have a different sense of humor. I found the cop finding dead bodies in Wick's house then just kind of like leaving him do his thing funny. Wick giving the huge russian dude the day off and him taking it funny. Just the tone of the film where the bad guys are actually afraid of Wick and everyone knows who Wick is. Usually you get the underdog story of who is this fucking guy, but in this movie they know exactly who the fuck he is and they are scared of him.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I was actually really happy to see that big ass Russian dude take him up on his offer. That scene and the one where the boss was calling Leguzamo's character about why he struck his kid, finds out it was because he pissed off Wick, and his response was fucking great. "Oh..." Those two scenes really showed that John Wick was a scary man to deal with.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I guess we all have a different sense of humor. I found the cop finding dead bodies in Wick's house then just kind of like leaving him do his thing funny. Wick giving the huge russian dude the day off and him taking it funny. Just the tone of the film where the bad guys are actually afraid of Wick and everyone knows who Wick is. Usually you get the underdog story of who is this fucking guy, but in this movie they know exactly who the fuck he is and they are scared of him.
No, you're right, those were funny moments. Maybe the fault is with me, I just didn't remember them when trying to think of funny moments.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yes, but where does it fall, chronologically, compared to Judge Dredd (the new one, not Stallone), Taken 1, and The Matrix?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Dredd was a cool flick, but John Wick had more style and better cinematography. The way they created the tension and "legendary" status around Wick's persona via the reactions of the various characters really added to the appeal of the movie, and it's the first action flick I've seen in a long while where I could actually SEE the action, rather than it being a jumble of half second shaky cam scenes strung together.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The scene where wicks dealing with the priest talking about them killing him and wick puts a bullet in a dude was pretty damn funny also

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I watched both back to back. The funny thing was John Wick felt much closer to Replacement Killers than The Equalizer did, and both were directed by Antoine Fuqua. It is like he decided to step away from the John Woo style and do his Training Day, Equalizer, Denzel stuff. Both were awesome though, but my preference is for the John Wick, John Woo, Hard Boiled... movie needed more doves.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I saw both pretty close to each other and preferred John Wick. I think it's just a better movie. I enjoyed the Equalizer but a couple really bad scenes/shots stood out too much for me, whereas with John Wick I didn't have that problem.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Equalizer felt more like Drive with the dramatic build up and was like the opposite of Bourne where most of the action was in silent assassin mode.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
I think I need to watch both again. I was full of cold and grouchy when I watched John Wick so probably being a little hard on it. I will say about The Equalizer that I preferred the main character. Everything from his OCD counting to his flourish for killing people with everyday objects. I hadn't realised it before but after reading your comments I have to say I feel John Wick on first viewing definitely feels more like a Chinese movie made for the American audience. Which would be in line for Keanu's involvement following 47 Ronin and Man of Tai Chi.

Column_sl

shitlord
I watched both back to back. The funny thing was John Wick felt much closer to Replacement Killers than The Equalizer did, and both were directed by Antoine Fuqua. It is like he decided to step away from the John Woo style and do his Training Day, Equalizer, Denzel stuff. Both were awesome though, but my preference is for the John Wick, John Woo, Hard Boiled... movie needed more doves.
I watched them back to back as well. That's a pretty good description of what to expect.

Even tho I had alot of fun with the super hero type action of John Wick, I did like the equalizer much better.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed The Equalizer quite a bit, but again for me, Wick wins out. I'm not all up on Denzel's cock like a lot of people, and there was a lot of boring fluff in Equalizer (character development, I guess) for a character that wasn't super interesting. They go over halfway into the movie keeping his background a secret, and I'm wondering "Who the hell is this guy?", then he's just a fucking ex-CIA agent. Weak.