John Wick (2014)

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's too busy making motorcycles to film more (he loves bikes). I think he's at a happy place. If he just did one quality John Wick movie every 18 months I'd be in a happy place too. Think there's enough story there? I bet there could be.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Of course there's enough story.

Lots of pets to go through, cats, fishes, birds, iguanas, gerbil, rabbit, etc...that gets killed each movie and he goes on a revenge killing spree, and gets a new different pet at the end of each setting up the next one.
smile.png

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone that has hate for Keanu has an issue. The guy has way to many stories of being insanely nice

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Keanu became an assassin irl for this role.

That's dedication.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I admire an actor who is will to at least try to learn the skills he is trying to portray.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean hey, if you're going to DDL a role to be a badass, becoming an assassin is certainly one of the top ways.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never fired a semi-auto shotgun, do they actually produce that little recoil or is he not firing normal rounds?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you learn the push-pull technique, you mitigate a lot of the recoil. Go watch some 3 gunner comps.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
F & F had the numbers to pillage.

Did the Wick sequels really do gangbusters? I just remember 200m range box office. Seems weird to risk the formula.

Well I checked and I guess Wick franchise is on an incline, like F & F. First movie was 86m Sequel 171m. Third movie did 326m.

Plenty of breathing room they figure.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Less trying to explain things like they did in 3 and more non-shaky cam gun battle goodness.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Also gotta remember the first one totally flew under a lot of people's radar. The real hype started with 2, which is probably why they repeated a lot of the story beats from the first one. And it was a full-up franchise by #3 so by then people knew what they were getting into.

I'm still hyped for 4&5 but I'm guessing after that, enough of the mystique will be gone that rest of the universe will not be nearly as compelling. I'd love to be wrong though, if they can continue to produce compelling action movies with a minimum of bullshit.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Franchise was on the verge of going off the rails so not too broken up about it

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users