John Wick (2014)

fris

Vyemm Raider
added to my slowly growing google play movie collection. enjoyed the movie. as said before, the action scenes were pretty amazing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just finished watching it and it's an instant classic. One of the greatest action movies ever made. You just don't fuck with a man's dog! Keanu has a good knack for picking scripts with a cool ass story.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Pretty average movie and that is a compliment.

Nobody in the movie really matters, and they mainly meet rather pointless ends. Perkins is a great example of that.

One or two ok moments, but this has the depth and engagement of a Michael Bay movie.

Not really getting the positive posts on this thread for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Nobody in the movie really matters, and they mainly meet rather pointless ends. Perkins is a great example of that.

One or two ok moments, but this has the depth and engagement of a Michael Bay movie.

I'mma go ahead and give you a shovel. You're going to probably need it to start digging yourself out of that neg hole that's probably a comin'.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

You shouldn't make it so obvious you are farming for negs.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Not farming for negs at all.

When you watch Taken 1 there is an expected awesomeness that radiates from the main character. In this movie he just kills another dude in a suit or whatever.

The only one who got one up on John, hit him with the car and at the night club did John kill him or did he just not appear again ?

This just seemed like one of the Bourne sequals, no suspense the main character is going to win anyways.

When the Russians appeared on screen, I thought great going to be some crazy ass Russian shit going down, but that didn't happen, bar the boss giving the handgun to his mate at the end.

Last year I liked GOTG, XMEN and Edge of Tommorrow that is my taste, none of them perfect but for all of them I was happy to suspend any disbelief when watching.

Not this deeply flawed characterless series of events that contained one character killing everyone like I had seen in I don't know seventy other movies before.

And don't even get me started on lets not kill him even though we could moments in the movie.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

It9f7Vs.gif

Joe_sl

shitlord
Awesome movie and I can watch this again many times. It's so manly.

If Willem Dafoe(his mentor) actually sided with the russian gangsters it would have been legendary. Student and teacher against each other and it ends with a bad ass fist fight. They totally missed that opportunity.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Worst part - Him missing every shot in the pool near the beginning.

Best part - Him ensuring as many head shots as possible so that people actually die.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Him missing the kid in the bathhouse didn't bother me too much because every shot broke a pane of glass, which was probably a lot thicker than the glass on the staircase in his own house and would do more to slow down and knock the bullet off its trajectory.

I'd say the worst part was the obviously-fake CGI blood.

The best part was "everything else" so I can forgive that too.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think they did the cheapo minimalist blood that MacGruber used. It's supposed to be super cheap and really keeps costs down so they can keep making awesome movies with much, much lower budgets.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They have cgi blood so if they have too much for the mpaa its easier to edit it out in post. Movie was great as i posted in the screener thread. People whining about this shootemup action film not having a greater story is just more of the same old shit with the people who were disappointed with pacific rim. Movie advertises giant robots fighting giant monsters, movie delivers. People complain about the storyline and acting. -boggle

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They have cgi blood so if they have too much for the mpaa its easier to edit it out in post. Movie was great as i posted in the screener thread. People whining about this shootemup action film not having a greater story is just more of the same old shit with the people who were disappointed with pacific rim. Movie advertises giant robots fighting giant monsters, movie delivers. People complain about the storyline and acting. -boggle
That analogy is awful. As far as him missing and not taking the shot in the pool, came off to me as him being conflicted, its the only time in the movie where he stopped and thought (torture or kill which he figure out shortly after)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That analogy is awful. As far as him missing and not taking the shot in the pool, came off to me as him being conflicted, its the only time in the movie where he stopped and thought (torture or kill which he figure out shortly after)
I can buy that.

Someone complained about Perkins not having a big enough end. That was the point though and they missed it. You break the rules this is what happens. It isn't personal and it isn't flashy. These dudes just show up and kill you. I liked it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
really? When a movie like this or the equalizer exists solely to entertain with cartoonish violence and delivers on that promise, then anyrhing else they get wrong doesnt matter. I could make a huge writeup on all the goofs in this film, i dont because it doesnt change the awesomeness of the film.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He wanted to fuck with him regardless if he died, shortly after Alfie allen Is shitting himelf in his safe house. Also after the third viewing, Keanu sniping felt like a CoD game

Column_sl

shitlord
Thought it was cool, although abit to hyped up by you guys.

It was a tad over the top in a comic book kind of way. I watched it a day after seeing the Equalizer, and I preferred the Denzel movie more.

Not bad tho, enjoyable.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Pretty fuckin awesome. I liked how efficiently Wick moves. It reminded me of Tom Cruise in Collateral.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I got about halfway through editing the movie down to all the headshots Keanu pulled off. Need to finish it tomorrow, was too hungover and concentrating was making me sick.