John Wick: Chapter Two (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Winston can't give John a marker with John owing Winston ..... John would have to prick himself and give the marker to Winston not the other way around .....

This is what you are still not getting.

Except for the part where I acknowledge that and say it makes no sense. But sure.

Holy fuck learn to read. Are you like reverse-meta-trolling me or something? Congrats on shitting up this thread.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Except for the part where I acknowledge that and say it makes no sense. But sure.

Holy fuck learn to read. Are you like reverse-meta-trolling me or something? Congrats on shitting up this thread.
I think that John Wick's bullets are magic or maybe he has good aim from practice.

The magic is a theory that some people are talking about, it makes no sense but we should discuss it.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
He repairs damage to his body by killing people and converting their outgoing ghosts into spiritual energy that makes the bone marrow produce blood faster and the body to produce collagen and muscle tissue to keep going.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That makes me feel the need to watch Ravenous. HE WAS LICKING ME

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Seen this twice now. A bit more behind the curtain of the continental, but still wanting so so much more. The material they could work is huge. I would personally love an origin story of the continental company.

A few things really stuck out as negative. The sheer amount of times john wick was shot / stabbed. I get they are trying to make this gritty and very "real" non superhero protagonist movie. On that same thread, the part in the subway (before the train) with common was absolutely retarded. The same guns they used to fire on each other at the fountain had the crowd running. Yet, here they are in an enclosed space using the same guns and no one is the wiser. Suppressors just make it so you don't instantly go deaf when shooting with out protection. They are still loud and very noticeable.

The rest of the movie i was in love with. The marker at the end could play two different ways. Yes JW is ex-communicado but a marker from john wick ( while not a part of the company anymore ) is still valuable. As was mentioned before it could also be a marker from Winston to JW.

I would like to see the third movie have john focused around offing the high table, but creatively. Using his ex-com status as a weapon and taking the fight to them on their properties would be a nice turn of the tables. I really hope they don't water down the third installment by having every tom dick and jane who wants 14 mil taking a shot at the title. It was a fitting small montage in this film, but I feel would drag the story and the brand down.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
He repairs damage to his body by killing people and converting their outgoing ghosts into spiritual energy that makes the bone marrow produce blood faster and the body to produce collagen and muscle tissue to keep going.
This is now the anime thread.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Saw it. Liked it. Wick sure likes that one wrestling move where he flips a dude onto his back. That's a pattern that could be exploited. Or something.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah what I'm not getting is why the fuck Winston would owe John. Explain that, and I'll be good.

My take away is that Winston new the Italian asshole could have presumably made things shitty for him in NY and John braking the rules to gank him saved him a lot of grief.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is pretty much the lore of your character in the new DOOM. Arguably could just explain almost every protagonist ever... they just feed off souls. Seems fine.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Saw yesterday and still don't know if it's 7 or 8/10.
The only negative stuff were overusing bulletproof suit (ok we get it but after the 5th time, you feel he's robocop and doesn't need to be sneaky or tactical), the subway part shooting was a giant bs lol and him getting beaten, stabbed, etc....and only got a limping leg .

But really liked they expanded the hitmen universe and the fight/gun scenes. The part with the pencil was fucking awesome and gruesome at the same time. Plus...ruby rose's ass
The marker could be Winston "owes" John a favor for killing Santino and shows he still believes in John and in the future, maybe, he can offer help to him.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
How you rate this is a matter of personal tastes, i.e. how used to the stylized action movies of the current era you are before movies like Deadpool and Fury Road came along and reset the clock, as it were. I put it on par with the first, which I have a very high opinion of. It was different enough to set it apart and had some clear setups for a third movie that people who enjoyed the first two will want to see. Wife and I both felt this was a 9.5/10 for us, just like the first. Your mileage may vary.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not in love with this sequel. I didn't feel the need for revenge as much as the first one. Blew up his house because he was bound to a code? Doesn't have the same revenge feels as killing someone's adorable puppy that his dead wife bought.

I truly appreciate the long uncut and insanely well choreographed fight scenes but after awhile they felt very repetitive.

In summary: first one was superior

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not in love with this sequel. I didn't feel the need for revenge as much as the first one. Blew up his house because he was bound to a code? Doesn't have the same revenge feels as killing someone's puppy that his dead wife bought.

I truly appreciate the long uncut and insanely well choreographed fight scenes but after awhile they felt very repetitive.

There wasn't revenge for blowing his house up though. He came and did the favor he was supposed to do because at that point he has no house.

The revenge at the end was because of the double cross after he did do the job he didn't want to.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not in love with this sequel. I didn't feel the need for revenge as much as the first one. Blew up his house because he was bound to a code? Doesn't have the same revenge feels as killing someone's adorable puppy that his dead wife bought.

It sounds like you're saying the The Wired had faults and that Judge Dredd wasn't the best movie, ever.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
There wasn't revenge for blowing his house up though. He came and did the favor he was supposed to do because at that point he has no house.

The revenge at the end was because of the double cross after he did do the job he didn't want to.

Disagree. When he sat down with the guy in the museum to discuss the details of his target, Wick expressed that he wanted to kill him. Before the double cross.