John Wick: Chapter Two (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Gun sequences are just incredible. Very, very solid action flick. I'm down for a few more of these. Morpheus & Neo take over the High Table?

Citz

Silver Squire
Could it be that Winston owes John for killing Santino? If I remember the discussion between John & Bowery King (Fishburn), Santino wanted to get a piece of New York once he's got to the High Table. That probably meant war. By killing Santino, John removes some of the heat from New York and at the same time, John acts as a lightning rod during the fall out.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Winston doesn't have to owe him already to give him a marker ... it's a future owing. In fact he can't owe him already or the marker would just be cashed in.

How do you guys not understand "I owe you one"?

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah I thought that was obvious, Winston gave him the marker to signify he owes him one for taking out Santino and preventing all out war in NYC if Santino decides Winston is no longer reliable (which a previous scene hinted at). It woulda been nice to have had Winston press his own bloody thumb into the market or something to make that clear, I guess.

Also I assume markers are only good for members in good standing, since Wick is ex communicado at the moment its useless to him. Winston is also basically saying I believe you will find a way to get back into the Legion of Assassins or whatever the fuck they call themselves.

I also wonder if there are assassin hotels in every town, like ok I can sorta see why its so elaborate in NYC and Rome but what about like Sioux City, Idaho or Valparaiso, Chile... does a Holiday Inn double as ACHQ?

oh, just found out the tailor in JW2 (the dude with the classy brit accent) is the costume designer for both movies. nice.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So are you trolling? Did you read my post? I can't believe you aren't understanding how a favor works.

No, I wasn't trolling, but you're being a prick. I legit did not think it was clear what it was about. I guess you can construe that it might be that Winston thinks he owes John something for taking out Santino, given Santino's possible take-over, but at the same time, Winston was helping John by not just executing him ala Perkins in chapter 1, and even giving him a 1 hour grace period.

-edit- There's even a line from Winston (I think to Santino?) saying "blah blah this is my empire, fuckhead, who do you think you are?" Unless I'm mis-remembering that part, that makes it even more un-clear why Winston would all of a sudden be thanking John for saving his bacon re: Santino.

So no, it's not fucking clear, and you don't need to be a prick. There's a few good theories, some better than others, and we'll see how chapter 3 plays out. Kthxbye.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Winston isn't thanking John for Santino.

I am being a prick because this is basic level stuff and you are trying to invent new realities to explain basic shit.

John Wick's Blood Oath Explained

Maybe if you can't take it from a prick you can read it elsewhere. I have not found a single person talking about this like Winston is handing him a dead marker that means absolutely nothing so he can hang it on a wall or some shit.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Winston isn't thanking John for Santino.

I am being a prick because this is basic level stuff and you are trying to invent new realities to explain basic shit.

John Wick's Blood Oath Explained

Maybe if you can't take it from a prick you can read it elsewhere. I have not found a single person talking about this like Winston is handing him a dead marker that means absolutely nothing so he can hang it on a wall or some shit.

lol Jesus fucking H Christ, did you even read that article?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
lol Jesus fucking H Christ, did you even read that article?
I did and it mentioned your theory at the very last with no basis for it.

I meant to say that was the only place I found mentioning your extremely ridiculous idea.

I think I am seriously insulted that someone with that dumb of a theory watched the movie and defiled it with your idiocy. It's like if Chukzombi Chukzombi liked a show I would think twice before watching it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

I meant to say that was the only place I found mentioning your extremely ridiculous idea.

I think I am seriously insulted that someone with that dumb of a theory watched the movie and defiled it with your idiocy. It's like if Chukzombi Chukzombi liked a show I would think twice before watching it.
oh look, a troll

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

Ok so basically you're being a faggot prick because someone engaged in some speculation, because there was nothing obvious about the scene in question. Gotcha.

Movie rocked, backwards-genius is too aspie to let anyone speculate on vague parts of the movie. A+ would engage again.

Backing away slowly while nodding again, this time I've learned my lesson.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just can't believe that someone can't understand how a favor is given out so I assume you must be trolling and doing it badly, very badly.

I gave you a step by step how it most likely played out and you couldn't even follow that. You just went back to "well I read it one place on the internet so this must be the only option".

Your option could be what they did. The chances are beyond low. See how that works though? You didn't make some claim that was completely outlandish like the market was really an atomic bomb. So I can acknowledge that it might, albeit beyond slim chances, might be reality. It would be utterly stupid and not advance the plot one bit for him to get his used up market back.

You can't even acknowledge that you might be wrong though.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
action was tad bit too much. it was amazing here and there. I could see keanu reeve feeling tired after an hour and a half of non-stop action.

pencil scene was epic.

mirror scene was eh

overall 9/10.

Please give me more.

deaf chick was hot. many boners. her ass was super fine.

Will John Wick become an immortal legend?

All of this because of puppies and car.

Or woman.

Moral of the story: Woman bad.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I just can't believe that someone can't understand how a favor is given out so I assume you must be trolling and doing it badly, very badly.

I gave you a step by step how it most likely played out and you couldn't even follow that. You just went back to "well I read it one place on the internet so this must be the only option".

Your option could be what they did. The chances are beyond low. See how that works though? You didn't make some claim that was completely outlandish like the market was really an atomic bomb. So I can acknowledge that it might, albeit beyond slim chances, might be reality. It would be utterly stupid and not advance the plot one bit for him to get his used up market back.

You can't even acknowledge that you might be wrong though.

Hey dumbfuck, nowhere did I assert that I knew what it meant. I suggested a couple of possibilities, and then attempted to engage in discussion about it. I can't be wrong because I haven't even declared a position other than "it's vague, we'll see in chapter 3."

Oh wait, I guess that means I'm right. What the fuck are you even arguing? Go back and read my posts. I'll even quote my original one for you, so you can see that I indeed understand WHAT A FUCKING FAVOR IS because I go on to say that my second option doesn't really make any sense (I don't even at that point consider Winston owing John, because it makes no sense to me).

Yeah I wasn't sure what that marker was. Whether it was the completed one, or a fresh one presumably with john owing Winston for the hour grace period. Probably the latter... perhaps Winston knows john is such a badass that he'll come out the other end ok, and Winston will somehow call in a favor to gain some power somehow?

Except that theory requires John's blood to be in there as the beginning, no? Needs clarification, preferably in the form of more headshots.

Quit being a faggot prick and go watch more headshots. Jesus christ.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Winston can't give John a marker with John owing Winston ..... John would have to prick himself and give the marker to Winston not the other way around .....

This is what you are still not getting.