Justice for Zimmerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Gotcha. O'Mara did look like he wanted West to just STFU so I figured it was at least counterproductive. Just seems way the fuck out of line to me to hammer on that issue, if she was worried about appeal there sounded like plenty of shadiness with discovery and what she allowed entered.
Evidentiary issues are generally "abuse of discretion" type of appeals, which are VERY hard to overturn a case on. Even if the appeals court would have allowed the evidence in, if they find the judge didn't abuse their discretion, the rulings will stand. Ineffective assistance of counsel, on the other hand, is easier, so she was giving attention to those things that could result in reversals.

Also she obviously wanted to appear to be being hard on the defense, so she would give them shit at any opportunity.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Even Daily Show got it wrong.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,2556613.story

According to current Florida law, you can get a gun, follow an unarmed minor, call the police, have them explicitly tell you to stop following them,then choose to ignore that, keep following the minor, get into a confrontation with them and, if at any point in that process you get scared, you can shoot the minor to death, and the state of Florida will say, 'Well, look, you did what you could.
Sadness.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Evidentiary issues are generally "abuse of discretion" type of appeals, which are VERY hard to overturn a case on. Even if the appeals court would have allowed the evidence in, if they find the judge didn't abuse their discretion, the rulings will stand. Ineffective assistance of counsel, on the other hand, is easier, so she was giving attention to those things that could result in reversals.

Also she obviously wanted to appear to be being hard on the defense, so she would give them shit at any opportunity.
Well, that's why I asked you. I guess my righteous indignation is somewhat quelled.
frown.png

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like to think there might have been a time when TDS would have bucked the rest of leftist news sources and had a unique take on things. I assume they are too big to risk viewership loyalty that way at this point though. If Stewart disagreed he might have had the clout to pull it off, but of course he's on hiatus or whatever. I don't really watch it anymore but it doesn't surprise me. There's some serious groupthink going on from the side that's supposed to be proud of independent thought and opinion. Sad times in America, this case is disheartening.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wow the jury really came back in 12 fucking minutes on that woman who fired a warning shot case? That seems really fucked up.
firing at someone with his 2 children and barely missing his head is a warning shot? and yes from the sounds of it, it's pretty cut and dry when she had multiple ways to leave, went grabbed a gun and came back and fired towards the three victims

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wouldn't attempt to argue with that moron. He was one of the people who immediately came to post about how a child killer got away with murder as soon as the verdict was made.
Excuse me? Brush up on your reading comprehension dipshit because I never said anything remotely like that - I disputed details not the trial results. GZ was an idiot but not a criminal idiot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
firing at someone with his 2 children and barely missing his head is a warning shot? and yes from the sounds of it, it's pretty cut and dry when she had multiple ways to leave, went grabbed a gun and came back and fired towards the three victims
Yeah, barely missing his head is the prosecution's side of it, fired a warning shot is the defense side. I mean maybe the evidence was really clear, although I don't see how it could have been when the majority of the evidence is her testimony vs the testimony of her husband.

Quite frankly, unless there was a mountain of direct evidence, I wouldn't be willing to send someone to jail for 20 fucking years after deliberating for 12 minutes.

I mean I'm not saying she didn't commit a crime, but calling that attempted murder is a stretch, so it seems ridiculous that the jury would have been unanimously guilty on that charge on their very first poll.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What did they get wrong? Maybe I missed it, but Zimmerman got out of the car and followed him right?
The part they got wrong was
"have them explicitly tell you to stop following them"

The more serious part is that they neglected to mention that TM double backed from his home and attacked GZ.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Obamas kids running wild;

http://www.click2houston.com/news/lo...h/-/index.html
HOUSTON -

Hundreds of people marched in protest to the George Zimmerman verdict on Monday.

"No justice, no peace," they yelled as they walked from the Byrd Funeral Home in the 2500 block of Wheeler to the Southmore Street overpass bridge near Highway 288.

Just after 7p.m. Monday, the demonstrators spilled out onto the road and blocked traffic for about 15 minutes.
Quick Clicks

Clear Lake family recovering after fatal New York crash
Questions raised in Houston after Zimmerman protests
Deputies searching for missing Harris County woman
Car smashes into Home Depot garden center
Carjacking suspects arrested after chase with deputies

"I looked up and I see all the protesters, they're everywhere," said Georgia, who asked that her last name not be used. "So, we got into the traffic and they're stopping us and not letting us go."

Georgia was on her way to Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center because her 7-year-old granddaughter was having an allergic reaction to some medication.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bullet trajectory ect and leaving to get a weapon and coming back doesnt help for SYG especially when you dont even live there

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where was the shot really fired at? All articles I'd read said UP not AT like some are saying here.

AT would really put me on the fence about it since how do you distinguish a warning shot at from a miss?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't understand how it's a warning shot. What was the guy supposed to do? Not be in his own house? Labeling it a warning shot implies she's going to shoot him for real if he doesn't stop doing what he's doing. Which was what, exactly? Existing?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Where was the shot really fired at? All articles I'd read said UP not AT like some are saying here.

AT would really put me on the fence about it since how do you distinguish a warning shot at from a miss?
Uh one of the basic fundemental rules of firearms is youneverfire warning shots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bullet trajectory ect and leaving to get a weapon and coming back doesnt help for SYG especially when you dont even live there
Do you have trouble reading? Cause I said I thought what she did was criminal, just not attempted murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.