Kickstarters

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Uh. Well I wouldn't mind my KD:M minis painted when they arrive, they are quite badass sculpts. Past that, I have a complete D2E collection that I'd love to be painted (fuckton of minis), and SW:IA would be next on the list. But that's a metric fuckton of minis. What sort of pricing do you usually charge?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't usually charge, mostly I paint for friends and we work something out, i.e. the dark souls when it gets here is for a buddy and he picked up a couple of the add on bosses I wanted for me. I'mean horrible at photographing my work but I'll try and get a few pictures of stuff I have done recently and if you are interested I would suggest I paint a couple for free and if you like the quality and turn around time we can try to figure out something that works for both of us.

Shitty picture but here is something I did recently that would be speed painted for me (a few hours)

CS04Toc.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks Fyff, I was thinking the same thing, not sure if it is the phone photo washing out details or if I need to pull him back out for edge highlights, I'll have to take a look when I get into work.

Sean, if you want local you might check some of the bigger mini painting Facebook groups for a commission painter in the area

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Kovaks, what state are you in? That definitely looks plenty good enough for my purposes, my only desire is the figures match the card art re: coloring etc. And then for descent, some way to differentiate master/minion figures. I'll take a couple pics of what I've done myself for examples.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'd just paint the rim of the bases different colors for Descent Master / Minion. Masters black, minions light gray or something.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Throwing some of mine up. I'm not trying to paint anyone elses, we just don't have a mini painting thread yet. Nothing special, just glad I got a small batch done before I game with them this weekend.

Shitty photos due to only having a 2 year old phone for a camera. They also aren't glossy at all, just bad lighting, I see what you guys mean about the photo washing out the details, I just thought my camera was shit.

2016-11-27 17.33.56.jpg

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'd just paint the rim of the bases different colors for Descent Master / Minion. Masters black, minions light gray or something.

Yeah I think my method for descent was black bases, masters with a red rim, since that's their native plastic color. There's multiple methods.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
I fell in love with that KD:M kickstarter. God only knows how much it's gonna cost me, I may have to move into an appartment and have my youngest sleep in a cupboard. Thinking about selling my Conan king's pledge that I just received...

• 1Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hateyou Hateyou they look really good.The different ring colors is what I have seen, another option is some freehand on the Master, that or a special base.

GeneralF GeneralF I'm with you, I am definitely grabbing all the female pinups so far

Ratina

Bronze Knight of the Realm
One thing I love about KickStarters, stuff just shows up at the door unexpectedly

MasKS.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That reminded me to check my Indiegogo orders. My Blood Bowl Underworld team should be arriving soon!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
All I care about is Dark Souls is shipping in March, everything else is a surprise.

• 1Like