King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

Northerner

N00b
Well, I loved Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels so I'll hold out a little hope that Ritchie can pull something out here. He probably can't or won't but what the hell, I too am a sucker for Arthurian shlock.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Looks like a generic good guy peasants overthrowing the corrupt ruler. If I see this, about 1/3rd of the way through the movie I'll start rooting for the bad guy because he's the only interesting character in the movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Even with all the CGI I'm excited for it because it is a Guy Ritchie film, which means the dialogue will be fantastic. I've never seen one of his films I didn't like and I really wish he'd finish the Rock n Rolla trilogy.

• 1Solidarity

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Trailer's just weird enough for your typical fantasy movie that I'll admit I'm intrigued. I'll wait for reviews, but eh, I'll probably end up seeing it.

Kais

<Gold Donor>

Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Aiden Gillen, Djimon Hounsou

True to the tale? Who knows, but it looks pretty good

Oldbased

> Than U
I actually liked First Knight although it didn't explain the legend of the sword. In fact his sword was like everyone else's wasn't it? Oh well. What is a 400th Arthur movie.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Aiden Gillen, Djimon Hounsou

True to the tale? Who knows, but it looks pretty good

uh. this looks about as true to the tale as your average x-men film.

one of my biggest frustrations in king arthur films is that people don't actually seem to read arthurian legend before making a movie. so they have all these hints of arthurian legend but it's all wrong. sword in the stone was not excalibur, the best part of excalibur was the sheath not the sword, the knights of the round table all had epic tales of valor that made them WORTHY of being arthur's advisors, etc.

• 1Like

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
uh. this looks about as true to the tale as your average x-men film.

one of my biggest frustrations in king arthur films is that people don't actually seem to read arthurian legend before making a movie. so they have all these hints of arthurian legend but it's all wrong. sword in the stone was not excalibur, the best part of excalibur was the sheath not the sword, the knights of the round table all had epic tales of valor that made them WORTHY of being arthur's advisors, etc.

I think it would be cool if they added all those neat facts into the story, but you've got to think the average potato that goes to the theater won't be able to follow most complexities in a story. They want a clear good guy. They want a clear bad guy. They want the good guy to beat the bad guy, and get the girl.

That's why most of those super hero movies are so digestible for most people. They don't take any risks.

This is turning into a rant about how I hate Hollywood.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love Guy Ritchie, the first trailer definitely made me think "well, maybe I'll enjoy it anyway" so I'm going to see it no matter what. I just hope it turns out to be good somehow. Lock Stock and Snatch are two of my all-time favorite movies.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
At the rate that elephants keep growing in scale in Hollywood it's only a matter of time before one shows up in a Godzilla movie.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

At the rate that elephants keep growing in scale in Hollywood it's only a matter of time before one shows up in a Godzilla movie.

But they are why Alexander the Great lost his push east! they must be yuge

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Guy Ritchie, great cast, and the lead chick from Peaky Blinders -- full blown masturbation session. Can't wait. Hope they don't catch me in the theater.

Wow, big elephant.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was thinking "OK how big can this elephant of talk be" but holy crap that was bigger than I was expecting. But there's like magic and a harpy-bird-pterasaur thing so the movie gets a pass on pointlessly huge elephants I am thinking.

Also, 300/Shadows of Mordor style fight scenes in a Guy Ritchie movie? Gonna be worth my movie ticket right there.