King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017)

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I will, since it's mothers day and we saw GOTG2 last weekend. will report back, I think it looks pretty good from the previews.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Swords are overrated, the best King Arthurs wield double-headed dragon spears that breath fire.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just saw it. Not Ritchies best work, but a good movie, short on story, but long on action and acting. If you are easily triggered by deviation from the classic Morte De Arthur mythology, you won't like it. If you liked the Sherlock Holmes movies he did, you will like it. I think the packed summer release schedule is going to bury this movie the same way Man From Uncle was (my favorite Ritchie movie), which is a shame because if this had come out in the off season it would have made bank.

• 1Like

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man from Uncle was Ritchie? I had no idea. He really reigned in his usual style for that one

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Just saw it. Not Ritchies best work, but a good movie, short on story, but long on action and acting. If you are easily triggered by deviation from the classic Morte De Arthur mythology, you won't like it. If you liked the Sherlock Holmes movies he did, you will like it. I think the packed summer release schedule is going to bury this movie the same way Man From Uncle was (my favorite Ritchie movie), which is a shame because if this had come out in the off season it would have made bank.
Just saw it and really liked it, but am a big Guy Ritchie fan. Agree if you are hung up on La Morte D'Arthur mythology you may lose your mind. Definitely had moments (good ones) of Sherlock Holmes meets Snatch.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Saw it and loved it. had the perfect blend of starting off with Guy Ritchie quick-take small time hustle, moving on to meaningful character development, and ending with an epic blockbuster finale.

Best thing about it is no shoe-horned in love story with what I had assumed would be the love interest as soon as she was introduced.

Charlie Hunham was a lot better than I expected after the WoW movie, I had no qualms with him as Arthur at all. If Ritchie had been in charge of that, it would have been a resounding success.

Sadly, this will still probably get crushed at the box office releasing so soon to GOTG2, and I don't think it had much marketing either, maybe it did, but GOTG2's coverage was suppressing everthing else, nobody at my work even knew this movie was coming out, and even the posts on this board were moving pretty slow so close to and after release.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
won't bother with this shitshow unless it comes back 8/10 or better from the bros. Cannot imagine it getting better than a 6 average

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, no idea where the money went on it, either. I mean, the cast was mostly low cost brits (Ritchie's usual crew) and the CGI was good, but not anything amazing. Sets I guess? That movie SHOULD have been done for around half that cost.

Where were you hearing they would make six of those movies? Ritchie is not big on sequels (had to pull teeth to get him to do the second Sherlock movie) and the story was fairly self contained. Thats some serious hubris on the part of whoever thought they would get six movies out of that. I liked the movie, but it was not a franchise igniter by any stretch.

Oh well, guess that probably puts an end to Ritchie doing big projects, since both Man from Uncle and this movie crapped out at the box office.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The sets were pretty excellent in this. London was great. I bet a lot of money went to those. There was also a lot of CGI with the sword.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So far the reviews look solid from the Bros? Haven't made my way out to see it yet.

Chris

Potato del Grande
If you are easily triggered by deviation from the classic Morte De Arthur mythology, you won't like it. If you liked the Sherlock Holmes movies he did, you will like it. I think the packed summer release schedule is going to bury this movie the same way Man From Uncle was (my favorite Ritchie movie), which is a shame because if this had come out in the off season it would have made bank.

I loved those other to movies you mention, I'm just easily triggered by historical inaccuracy in these King Arthur tales. He always has a giant fuck off stone castle in a time period between the stone fortifications of the Romans and Normans, when people were rebuilding wooden iron age hill forts. Camelot should be more like Edoras (Riders of Rohan capital) in Lord of the Rings. He likely ruled Cornwall (south east England) so it's a fairly small kingdom.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
You get mad about historical accuracy of a fictional story?

The new transformers is gonna trigger you

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I loved those other to movies you mention, I'm just easily triggered by historical inaccuracy in these King Arthur tales. He always has a giant fuck off stone castle in a time period between the stone fortifications of the Romans and Normans, when people were rebuilding wooden iron age hill forts. Camelot should be more like Edoras (Riders of Rohan capital) in Lord of the Rings. He likely ruled Cornwall (south east England) so it's a fairly small kingdom.

Motherfucker has a magical sword.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This would have been better done as a Netflix series.

• 1Solidarity