Las Vegas

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Got all my shit sorted for trip in october so I can do halloween night in vegas but since I'm taking the parentals as a present need to do some shows and stuff to, can anyone recommend a reputable place that will do cheap show tickets? I seem to rememebr there being a few places last time I was there, or locals selling tickets they get cheaper for being local but can't be assed risking getting ripped off if we want to spend like $1k+ on everything we want to go see

Phandy

Golden Squire
Heading to Vegas June 17th to 24th. First timer.

Can anyone recommend any awesome things to do while we are there? Going to play a WSOP event while there, probably see the Grand Canyon one day... I've been told the gun ranges are a ton of fun. Anything else that should jump out at us?

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm

Can anyone recommend any awesome things to do while we are there? Going to play a WSOP event while there, probably see the Grand Canyon one day... I've been told the gun ranges are a ton of fun. Anything else that should jump out at us?
All the locals tell me that Penn & Teller show is the best one in Vegas. Lots of good restaurants and bars on the strip but expect to pay more since you're in tourist central. I enjoy going to all the nightclubs and get VIP passes through vegaspassport.com before heading out. Soak it all in since its your first time. Check out fountains at bellagio, choose one night to do a Vegas buffet, and head down to Fremont st on a weekend night to see the light show.

Illuziun

Bronze Knight of the Realm

That's EDC weekend. Vegas is going to be packed with naked people on tons of drugs. It's going to be an epic weekend. But in all honesty, unless you're going to EDC, this is probably the worst weekend to be in Vegas. It's going to be FILLED with ravers. It's definitely the craziest weekend all year in Vegas, even more than MDW.

That and you probably paid twice the normal room rate.

spronk

FPS noob
get a car if there during summer, its too fucking hot to walk anywhere. some fun things

red rock canyon, nice 20 mile drive loop and can get out and walk around a bit
one of the million ghost towns within an hour, have to google it but can be cool to check out that shit
relive Fallout New Vegas. Everything is within an hour, visiting shit like the general store in Good Hope (?) or the Dino Statue etc
Aria/Cosmo, Caesars Palace, or Bellagio buffets are the best ones but will have long waits usually can eat at a good restaurant for same price
for cheaper tickets can visit one of the half price tix booths around town but not guarantee you'll get what you want
mob museum is cool if you are into goodfellas etc
during summer at cosmo and other places there are pool movie nights, chill by the pool watching hot chicks watching movies
there is a hidden pizza place on the 2nd floor of Cosmo, got no name just hidden pizza
there is a hidden bar inside the Commonwealth club in downtown vegas, only like 14 seats and the bartender is crazy (asks you a bunch of personal questions and then makes your perfect drink). can be hard to get into I think. Called the Laundry Room, yelp it for more info
valley of fire, about an hour away and there are old indian paintings on the cliff walls
bryce national park, about 3 hours away and a good place to hike or mt bike
drive up to mt charleston, about 10-20 degrees cooler (snow sometimes) and an hour away

Phandy

Golden Squire
Thanks for all of the advice. spronk would you recommend going on a tour of the canyons/ghost towns or just renting a car and winging it? I have a couple days there solo (before friends get in) so looking to see some things off the strip before my degenerate friends get in town.

Didn't realize it was EDC weekend until like a month ago. Can't say I'm disappointed...

spronk

FPS noob
there are multiple ways to see the grand canyon. really avoid the western rim, aka the skywalk. Its a shitty native american tourist trap, they buttfuck you with fees ($100+ per person), and the skywalk is retardedly stupid - like the size of a swimming pool. Another way is to take a bus from the strip to the south rim, this is frankly the easiest since driving there sucks (like 8-12 hours total?), but you are herded along like sheep. You can take a car and stay overnight too, hike around a bit which is very nice. However during the summertime the weather is insane, like 100+ now every day, so unless you love the desert heat you are not going to want to be outside very much.

My favorite way is to fly/drive to flagstaff arizona (~4 hours from vegas by car), take a car to Williams AZ and then take the 3 hour train ride to the grand canyon, where you have around 3 hours before you head back. Or you can stay overnight. Its a pretty baller way to go, especially if you watch Deadwood and/or Hell on Wheels. They have a skydome, dining cart, all that jazz and the prices range from $100-200 roundtrip.
website ishttp://www.thetrain.com/

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sucks we lost the old Vegas thread but yeah what spronk said was pretty much covered in foh.

I did pretty much every location in NV and it was well worth it. I suggest Zion canyon since its a days
Drive away.

P.s. Goodsprings Spronk

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you stay at the MGM I recommend against staying at the MGM Signature portion, it's a good 30 minute walk just to get to the strip. Make sure you see Ka, it is fucking awesome. If you mingle a bit in the concession area before the show starts, 2 guys come out and play these gigantic violins and it is really cool.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not the best thing to like in that town, Tuco.
Vegas is my hometown bro, I grew up here and don't really care about the typical vegas stuff.

So nobody wants to meet up at a brewery in the next week and a half? I'm going camping at Mt. Charleston this weekend so it's out.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Vegas is my hometown bro, I grew up here and don't really care about the typical vegas stuff.

So nobody wants to meet up at a brewery in the next week and a half? I'm going camping at Mt. Charleston this weekend so it's out.
Tell Marcus hi for me bro.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Tuco, I could hit you up on the 15th. The random thing about my car is that it doesn't exist, but a couple bars near me.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Tuco: Maybe next week, I'll be in town visiting my brothers. Actual brothers, not black people.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Who is marcus?
He's on top of Mt. Charleston.

rrr_img_29076.jpg

Bane_sl

shitlord
I'm heading to Vegas in August and someone tells me one of the Hoover Dam Kayak Tours is a must do. Anyone have any reviews on companies and which may be best? I like the idea of the canyon and caves etc.. but don't want to get stuck with some shotty company or guide.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I'm heading to Vegas in August and someone tells me one of the Hoover Dam Kayak Tours is a must do. Anyone have any reviews on companies and which may be best? I like the idea of the canyon and caves etc.. but don't want to get stuck with some shotty company or guide.
Man, it's going to be so fucking hot I don't know if it'll be worth it. Yeah, you'll be in the river but holy shit it's at least 9000 degrees in August, probably over.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Man, it's going to be so fucking hot I don't know if it'll be worth it. Yeah, you'll be in the river but holy shit it's at least 9000 degrees in August, probably over.
Speaking of fucking hot. AC in my place is borked and I have to use fans when its fucking 100 degrees inside. Fucking desert!