League Of Legends

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm starting to fall in love with Maokai top. Anyone that can pretty much ignore Riven and end up a tanky monster with huge lockdown is a-ok with me.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Not that it's been popular for a while but the change to Dark Wind is just a gigantic kick in the dick for support Fiddle. If you cast Dark Wind on someone the chance of hitting that person a second time with a bounce is just actually zero if there are enough other targets. That ability went from being a major tool in his arsenal to hot garbage.

His jungle isn't really different and he'll still be good there but I'd wager his win rate is going to tank unexpectedly.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I'm always shocked that Varus isn't up in the top 10 in aram and then I remember how often I see people buy Runaan's on him and I'm less shocked.
Ap varus with runaans can be pretty hillarious, but yea its a shit item on him otherwise. Runaans has -always- been a mega popular item in super trash elos, though. Dunno why, but when I smurfed to bronze 5 every adc always built the damn thing.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's basically the definition of a newb trap, but I think because there's a legitimate build that uses it sometimes (Kayle), Riot didn't axe it like they should have along with the Executioner's Blade/Sword of the Divine. It's a neat EFFECT but the stats and cost just kill it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Speaking of fringe items I wish they hadn't changed Banner of Command. The old one was just perfect on Heimerdinger and now the new one doesn't have the bonus dmg to minions aura while also being much more expensive. Now it's just waiting for fringe abuse cases (make a baron buffed siege engine magic immune) and not much else.

I'm also really not all that thrilled with support itemization. Spellthief and Frostfang are alright but Frost Queen's Claim is bleh. Relic Shield is bleh, Targon's Brace is good, but Face of the Mountain is bleh. The whole Ancient Coin line is bleh. To make matters worse there is a lack of good mid range items to buy. Back in Season 3 you could build a Kage's Lucky Pick and that itself could be built into a Twin Shadow's. Twin Shadow's was cheap, had a decent assortment of stats, a really cool click,and it built out of GP10.Iron Locket of the Solari was cheap at one point. So was Shurelia's Reverie and thatalsobuilt out of GP10. I want some budget options, damn it.

I wish they would start over with the entire support itemization and do what they did with that what they did with the jungle items. You've got your base item, your upgrade paths, and your enchant paths, each one tailored towards a play style and each one that, when completed, is pretty awesome for the thing that you are doing.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Poacher's is really strong now. The extra 20 gold off the crab with the reduced smite cooldown is pretty big. The difference between doing your jungle with a long fucking smite and doing theirs with a minuscule one is pretty stark. Just gotta figure out who I want to be invading with now. Maybe Udyr, maybe Shyv. The combo of the speed up from the smite and burnout makes her hard to catch.

Dunno if they intended the smite cooldown to be halved on neutral monster's with Poacher's but that's definitely how it's working now.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Anyone playing Annie toplane? Just watched an LS9 coaching video on her, and he called her a better Ryze. I was skeptical at first, but she does seem like she would be a beast up there.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
She has always been decent toplane but is now only the "better" Ryze because Ryze got dumpstered. She can do fine, but you have to be really, really mindful of stun stacks or a lot of toplaners will all-in you the second it's down at the wrong time.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Annie top is like a neon sign saying "KILL ME PLEASE". So much easier to kill they squishy fucking mages top compared to mid.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
he specifically said a better ryze, when he was was good.
and the other point was that with max cdr, her E is can be perma-up, making her tankier than shyvana.

again, all just things he said; not something i have experience with.

build was something like: roa, tear, boots, glacial shroud, tier boots, seraph's embrace, frozen heart (or iceborn gauntlet)

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Update: shitty coding on Riot's part(shocking I know). There's an invisible line down the river, and if you pull anything across that line it counts for poacher's. So baron/dragon have home fields now.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's basically the definition of a newb trap, but I think because there's a legitimate build that uses it sometimes (Kayle), Riot didn't axe it like they should have along with the Executioner's Blade/Sword of the Divine. It's a neat EFFECT but the stats and cost just kill it.
Yup pretty much this. The item is very "shiny" it has a lot of stuff that looks super good for newbie players and has a fun effect which also draws newbies. It isn't until you have a lot more experience with the game you can't really see that the cost is not worth the stats and effect unless you are on a super edge case like kayle. I have had some fun on it with twitch as well for spreading rat aids as fast as possible.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Anyone playing Annie toplane? Just watched an LS9 coaching video on her, and he called her a better Ryze. I was skeptical at first, but she does seem like she would be a beast up there.
She can play top lane just like anyone can play toplane. Depends what you want out of the lane. She's still very squishy and her E really doesn't save her from a gank.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yup pretty much this. The item is very "shiny" it has a lot of stuff that looks super good for newbie players and has a fun effect which also draws newbies. It isn't until you have a lot more experience with the game you can't really see that the cost is not worth the stats and effect unless you are on a super edge case like kayle. I have had some fun on it with twitch as well for spreading rat aids as fast as possible.
Hurricane used to be great on Twitch Jungle for faster clears with a FF build. No idea if that's the case now. Works well with Jungle Teemo too if you want to do that sort of thing.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Hurricane used to be great on Twitch Jungle for faster clears with a FF build. No idea if that's the case now. Works well with Jungle Teemo too if you want to do that sort of thing.
You are just the worst kind of person.

Ganthorn

N00b
Runaans is the kind of item that if it is a good idea to get it it probably doesn't matter because you are stomping them. I've gotten it a few times when we were already curb stomping them and then it is funny to mow down 3 of their under-leveled/item-ed guys at once lol