Legion

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I love the cinematography and will continue watching. But its like it was technically really good... while actually not being that interesting or coherent outside of that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I have a hard time with the 'I'm really tough and know karate and can punch hard' marvel shows on netflix but this was awesome.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
12 Monkeys (the film) meets Marvel - I approve.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is the whole season out somewhere or something?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
As to the end of the pilot / premiere
How many, if any, of the people who help David break out are actually real? I couldn't help but think, given the communication, timing etc. of the 'operation' that all of the mutants there to rescue him were all just different parts of his gestalt personality taking care of business while 'David' stands in the eye of the hurricane just like what happened in the kitchen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
As to the end of the pilot / premiere
How many, if any, of the people who help David break out are actually real? I couldn't help but think, given the communication, timing etc. of the 'operation' that all of the mutants there to rescue him were all just different parts of his gestalt personality taking care of business while 'David' stands in the eye of the hurricane just like what happened in the kitchen.

I looked at the first few sentences of the summary on the wiki of the comic and this sounds like it could absolutely be the case given the comic book character.

• 1Like

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I hope it ends up actually being an elaborate mindfuck because that was easily the worst escape plan ever. That said, mindfucks are getting a little played out. Perhaps this can be the crescendo of the concept. At least it's due; he is Legion after all.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Nah, I am pretty sure everyone is real at the end - the camera goes out of its way to not show David specifically kill the one guard, which wouldn't track with the rest of the guards that get murdered in the escape.

Apparently his father is the same as the comics, but I'm not sure anything else is: the alternates we've seen could just be his moods given shape, with yellow fat bastard being his self-destructiveness (in the background when he's hanging himself), Aubrey Plaza being his paranoia, etc. (Also, while Plaza's Puerto Rican-ness is frequently hidden in shows, she barely looks like the same person post-death: she goes from being aggressively curvy and dark to being sexless and white - in other words, looking way more like David.)

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
First episode was good but I doubt it will get better from there.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I did not care for this episode. I don't like the whole "Hey Fargo did ambiguous time periods, so can we!" stuff and some of the acting seems a bit off to me

Ambiguous time periods? Each episode of Fargo listed what year it took place in the intro.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Nah, I am pretty sure everyone is real at the end - the camera goes out of its way to not show David specifically kill the one guard, which wouldn't track with the rest of the guards that get murdered in the escape.

Apparently his father is the same as the comics, but I'm not sure anything else is: the alternates we've seen could just be his moods given shape, with yellow fat bastard being his self-destructiveness (in the background when he's hanging himself), Aubrey Plaza being his paranoia, etc. (Also, while Plaza's Puerto Rican-ness is frequently hidden in shows, she barely looks like the same person post-death: she goes from being aggressively curvy and dark to being sexless and white - in other words, looking way more like David.)

And fat bastard hiding the cave as he's joining the team and leaving the beach, 'walking away' from that self-destructiveness.

Don't think it is comic book spoilery b/c it has been 20 years since I've read anything Legion related, but if they were going to change anything I'd err towards them going with all the other people are 'him' but are also real people. Or a mishmash of similar. Fragments of his disassociative personalty that have inhabited others and so together they are all him and they are still "Legion."

I do agree that it'll be really hard to top that premier though. It was wall to wall awesome for me. So we'll see where it goes. Hopefully doesn't drop off a cliff and remains somewhat steady.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
People think the yellow eyed devil is Mojo which would be fucking hilarious.
Really? Seems way more likely it's Shadow King, based on what I know of Legion from the comics and how he looks. Combine Shadow King's real life form with his psychic form and you'd get something close to the TV show version. The face seems very similar to some versions of his psychic form from the comics, but normally that one is taller/muscular. It does share the yellow eyes, though. His real life one is fat like the TV show, but generally taller. However, I can see the artist/director saying 'we want to make him super creepy AND terrifying.. not just scary. What if we shrunk him down?

shadowking1.jpg
shadowking2.jpg
shadowking3.jpg
shadowking4.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
man that was one of the most confusing hours of TV I've ever seen, I have zero knowledge of the comic and really have no clue whats going on. Still, I really like Dan Stevens and the unreliable narrator delivery is great so I'm in for the first season.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Well the weird (and suggestive of him being a different being that is poisoning David's mind) thing is that Yellow Bastard's height changes - tall when he's attempting suicide or the rookie Syd has taken his body (and has no experience defending against him?), and much shorter otherwise.)

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
huh? He was still short in at least one of those scenes, they just shot him at eye level a few times for the closeups and at a weird angle in the crowd. I don't remember his height in the suicide scene, because he was far in the background and it went very quickly.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Okay, i never knew about Legion till this show. The first episode confused the hell outta me, but still really enjoyed it. 2nd episode was a bit more tame and a bit easier to understand what's going on. However, i decided to do a bit of research and found this great video which really gives you a nice background on him and what's going on (kinda). Are there spoilers in here... unsure as we have no idea which direction the show will go. Either way, this is a really interesting short 5 min watch.

• 2Like

Caliane

second episode is much better imho.

I was fully expecting a "the entire show is taking place in his head" going in. Until meeting Mrs. Bell, I was on board with all the rescue team being figments of his schizo. But, atm I think it should be taken at face value. Bell and all of her team are real.

• 1Like