Legion

Xevy

Log Wizard
2nd episode definitely much better. Still a lot of memory cuts, but at least it's necessary to advancing the plot now and there's other people interacting with his memories. I think the Yellow Eyes probably is the Shadow King, but I'm still hoping for Mojo just for the sheer insanity that would bring to the series/world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Could be Fiend also. They could go the route of introducing a new personality each episode and the show could last for years on that alone.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
2nd episode was great too. Really liking this show. can see how it wouldn't appeal to everyone, but what it does it does well. Never thought while watching Royal Tennenbaums it would make for a superhero vehicle.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Unfortunately, David has shown his memory is not to be trusted.

But I can't express how smitten I am with the Shadow King (or whomever) feeling his power at birth, marrying his mom, and corrupting him in person throughout childhood. Now that's some supervilliany.

Though I expect we'll get a more traditional closer to the episode where he rescues his sister of:

"Did Dad ever read you any books at night?"
"David, Mom raised us alone."

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is all over the place and hard to watch for most people. Hawley is awesome and the show is very well done but even im having an issue with all the jumping around. Not sure how well rating will do if I cant get my girlfriend and friend interested in it

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Can't believe this is the same dude from the early seasons of Downton Abbey.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Can't believe this is the same dude from the early seasons of Downton Abbey.

Me either. He barely looks like the same person and he kicks the British accent extremely well.

This is the first Marvel TV/movie character that I have absolutely zero familiarity with but I'm really digging this show.

Bonus props for Thomas fuckin' Dolby over the ending credits.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I liked the first two episodes but I think it's going to be tough sledding if we're constantly having to figure out "did that really happen or was that in his head again?" Too many false story lines will get old for me fast.
PS man Wednesday is the best bleeping night of TV ever...

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
is it just me or is it crazy how much the actress playing David's sister (she was also in the League) looks exactly like sam carter from SG1

landscape-1486073260-katie-oct2016-0394b-flat.jpg

daJZxHy.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Episodes feeling a bit less disjointed, really liked #3, but they've all been great. Better looking personality FX post-pilot too.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
With your sexy lady bits, and your sexy man bits too,
even you must be into you-hoo-hoo...

• 1Like

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Third episode was creepy and scary as fuck in parts. This episode is exactly what American Horror Story should've felt like, had they any talent at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Third episode was absolutely great, loving this show for it's avant garde take on the super hero genre. Granted the material sort of lends to it, but damn if I'm not intrigued by where they are taking it.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I like this show a lot, but I had a feeling it was gonna be too weird/creative for the average person. Not enough substance happens in each episode, it's all very subtle and difficult to follow (which I love). Very art house.

As for the actual episode, I'm starting to think the yellow eye guy might not even be Shadow King (or anyone). I think it might just literally be an aspect of his own psyche, his anger/hatred. It's visually a mutated form of the 'angriest boy' from the story, of course. Now, who planted that story in his head is another question, if anyone ever did. He might have invented the whole memory to explain his outbursts.

I got this theory after reading up on the wiki about the character, gonna put it in spoilers
in the comics, he has multiple personalities that control different powers. He has the ability to completely reshape reality, but specific powers only manifest under certain personalities. i.e. one might have pyrokinesis, another telepathy, another telekinesis AND telepathy, one could even have the same powers as magneto, etc.. I think the direction the show is going is that demon thing is his psyche that's in control of all his powers. When he gets angry/upset/scared, it takes over and uses his powers. His brain is so powerful that normal David sees it as some outside force, but it's still him. That's the dis-associative part of schizophrenia/multiple personalities. That's also why memory dude keeps thinking 'David' is fighting him from seeing certain memories. He is, but doesn't know that he is.
Then again, they might just use the Shadow King and say he literally made David crazy to control him, who knows.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got the feeling that it was a representation of
his father

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think it's the Shadow King. His dog, in his memory, was named "King". And where did Melanie hear the puppy clawing sounds of "King" come from? The dark closet. And then immediately after she was presumably hurt by Shadow King. I don't even think David ever had a father figure, it's just the Shadow King warping his memories.

• 1Like

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think it's the Shadow King. His dog, in his memory, was named "King". And where did Melanie hear the puppy clawing sounds of "King" come from? The dark closet. And then immediately after she was presumably hurt by Shadow King. I don't even think David ever had a father figure, it's just the Shadow King warping his memories.

I agree with this.

• 1Like