Legion

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Only about 1m viewers per episode. Seems pretty bad.
Total viewers are meaningless and you are bad at interneting for mentioning them.
In the 18-49 demo, this is still hovering around a 0.5. That's worse than all the DC shows on The CW, but was tops for cable on Wed. (Sunny got a .35 & The Expanse a .2 for context.)

The comic ties and Hawley's name will get this a Season 2, but Season 3 probably depends on if FX gets any hits before then. (The Americans keeps going and they are giving Sutter a Sons of Anarchy spinoff, so no signs of that happening soon.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Had to stop the 2nd episode. I am digging it, the music is right on. However, I need to watch it when my ADD meds are not wearing off ;)

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Even with a name like (Shadow) King, that loving cinematography still didn't make me suspect the dog. Bra-fucking-vo.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Alright I like the show, but we get it, he's crazy and has multiple personalities, let's move on with the world building please.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
lol. the look on his face this episode, couldn't help but laugh.

upload_2017-3-2_20-55-2.png

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
yeah while this show is pretty great to watch has anything even happened in ep 3 & 4? Reminds me of mr. robot season 2. I guess we found out the dog is evil? Or something?

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Where does this shadow king talk come from? Has shadow king been mentioned in the show or is that from the comics?

Oh and I'm going to say the yellow eyed guy represents David's fat WOW playing nerd self living in his mom's basement. In other words, the real David who is scared and always hides. I say this mainly because he looks too disgusting for this show to make him evil. It's too obvious.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Shadow King is a major Xmen comic villain, hence the talk about him (especially with the dog that never existed being named 'King'),

I also enjoyed the moment when they realize the Benny/Lenny dichotomy and start to put together that David's mind is not the usual sort of place. Well that and I said "holy crap he's on the Astral Plane" about 10 seconds before they mentioned it in the show.

Also Jermaine Clement was the crab from Moana...

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the dog never existing being called King and the yellow eyed guy looking a lot like him is where it comes from.

A reason they have to spend so much time in his mind and with his mental state is that

A. It's completely essential to his character and
B. If he ever gets fully in control he's essentially God and there's nothing that could challenge him or cause conflict

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Didn't hate the episode. They did some clever stuff. Mrs. Bird yelling at the one dude until he split and him saying no and then doing it eventually was great.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I felt like the girl kerry can make herself come out sometimes too, so she realized what mrs bird was saying and came out despite cary not wanting her to. Thats how i saw it anyway.
This episode was cool, but again not a lot happened. We have almost as many new questions as answers now, which i think is going to put off casual viewers who were already confused.
I did like that everyone finally figured out about king and we saw how davids power literally changes reality, though.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Toned down Akira level stuff this ep. Really good, I'm wondering how deep into Legion's character they plan on delving - while making it interesting to audiences. I certainly enjoy the hell out of the show, but I'm gonna have my wife watch it with no knowledge of who the character is and see how confusing it is for her. I feel like they go a little too mind-fucky for a few of the scenes, although I also acknowledge the environment they are trying to achieve by it. Who is real? What is in his mind and what is reality? Does it matter?

Really fun concept, just gonna make sure it doesn't turn people off because it's too brainy.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Toned down Akira level stuff this ep. Really good, I'm wondering how deep into Legion's character they plan on delving - while making it interesting to audiences. I certainly enjoy the hell out of the show, but I'm gonna have my wife watch it with no knowledge of who the character is and see how confusing it is for her. I feel like they go a little too mind-fucky for a few of the scenes, although I also acknowledge the environment they are trying to achieve by it. Who is real? What is in his mind and what is reality? Does it matter?

Really fun concept, just gonna make sure it doesn't turn people off because it's too brainy.

I would have 100% stopped watching this show if I didn't put in a little effort to wiki the character so I could wrap my mind around what's going on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I know nothing about the character other than what's been said here and i'm still watching. My wife is too and she doesn't even know most of what you guys had said.

I think it's important that lenny didn't touch his GF. It sorta looked like she might have brushed her face, but I'm leaning towards thinking that was an illusion because of the angles. Maybe she knows she is suceptible to her power, and that's why she used telekinesis to throw her against the wall. She had no trouble touching the sister.

I am sticking with my guess that the yellow eyed blob isn't a bad guy. Other than what he did to the assholes, we haven't really seen him do anything bad, have we? My wife said she thought the little boy might be the surprise good guy, but when lenny was going through the people she was, the yellow eyed dude wasn't one of them while the angry boy was. At the end, even though his GF was flipping out, the yellow eyed dude didn't look like he was acting threatening to me. I mean, we've seen what he can do, so why would he be chasing her around? My theory is he wanted to touch her and swap bodies for some reason. Only kink in that theory is that her power doesn't work in the dreamworld.

Wait, is aubrey plaza lenny or benny? Whichever, you know who I mean.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I'm fairly confident the show has portrayed the Shadow King (blob fella / demon with yellow eyes) as a bad guy, who personifies hismelf in Legion's mind as several non-threatening characters (Lenny/Benny/Dog/Etc) whatever mask it needs to take on the seize control of the moment and direct Legion to do what he wants. He is the pushy drug girl when he wants to influence him to do things he wouldn't normally do (drugs/leaving astral plane) bigheadmurderboy when he wants him afraid or complacent, Dog when he wants to take him places that aren't his idea (chase the dog, arrive at destinations unintended) and so forth.

Pretty sure Shadow kings "power" is really just Legion's power that he taps into when he sufficiently controls his mind to do what he wants. The visuals showing the Fat demon going Akira on the solider's just shows that Legion isn't in control of his actions at that time, but it's all still David's power.

• 1Like