Legion

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
What a trip, fun episode. A bit of fan service. Loved the silent movie stuff, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

"I am pretty, I am loved" "and your British?" "was that a British accent?"
ha. some great jokes in this one.

• 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
That whole Bolero sequence was fucking amazing, one of the best things I've seen on television so far this year.

• 1Like

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah the silent movie treatment was pretty damn good. Aubrey Plaza is just eating that role up.

Now that Oliver is "back" I hope he sticks around a while. He's an interesting character and you can never go wrong with more Jemaine Clement. Though I'm not quite sure what his ability with the music conducting was supposed to be.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This show is damn good. I love they are so willing to take risks every episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Every episode I am constantly thinking, "what the fuck is happening," and then I finish with, "that was a cool episode."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

i8v5urmyipizofsujb32.gif

• 2Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Every episode I am constantly thinking, "what the fuck is happening," and then I finish with, "that was a cool episode."

So much this. The silent film vignette was amazing, but I loved the chalkboard scene and the animations. The series continues to be great and I agree it's nice to see a show that's willing to take crazy risks, especially when they are paying off so well. Aubrey Plaza is so fucking great in this, especially in the last couple episodes.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Damn.. until that chalkboard scene, I had totally forgotten who his father is supposed to be..

motherfucking Professor X! The bald figure and the battle with Shadow King reminded me. In some versions of the story, that's how Prof X loses the use of his legs. If they manage to get a cameo from Patrick Stewart (since McAvoy doesn't look old enough to be his dad) at some point, that would be amazing.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was watching that chalkboard scene thinking magneto was his dad. Don't know where I got that, I thought someone had said it in this thread.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn.. until that chalkboard scene, I had totally forgotten who his father is supposed to be..

motherfucking Professor X! The bald figure and the battle with Shadow King reminded me. In some versions of the story, that's how Prof X loses the use of his legs. If they manage to get a cameo from Patrick Stewart (since McAvoy doesn't look old enough to be his dad) at some point, that would be amazing.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
That video was about to piss me the fuck off, and then totally redeemed itself. Thank god.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
David's sister said she could call her fiance from a payphone or send him an email.....

...what the fuck. This isn't the late 70's? The ol' fashion misdirect.

• 2Like

Caliane

heh. yeah never too sure what the date is supposed to be. Fashion 60-70's. Tech does seem alot more modern. hospital is fairly modern. Drug talk scene. any of the drugs mentioned modern synthetics not made before some date?
The whole body CT scanner developed during the 70's. 1975 first non water immersion based..
The kind they have in the show, is decidedly even more modern. Particularly in terms of output. But, is this indicative of the show being in more modern times, or them having access to technology beyond the normal period. Like Cerebro, etc in xmen?

First class was 1962. Dan Steven is 35. I would guess David is supposed to be more like 25-30. and his sister 30-35.
If we try to tie it into the movies. and say, it did occur shortly after first class. (and well before future past. 1973.)
1990-1995 would be the timeline. born lets say 1965. and 25-30years old.

Which, also consider Davids childhood room, etc. that also appears to be 70'sish. not 40-50's.. Which we would be suggesting if it were set in the 75-80's, and again david was 25-30.

xmen debuted in 1963. (legion character debut in 1985.)

Did they give a time for how long Jemaine was in the Astral plane? I could have sworn 15 years? but yeah, that doesnt add up. more like 35 years makes sense.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love this show. I know nothing of the comic character(s), but I absolutely love the style of this show. Was very happy to see it get renewed.

• 1Like

Royal

I love this show. I know nothing of the comic character(s), but I absolutely love the style of this show. Was very happy to see it get renewed.

As was I but I do have one concern moving forward. What has made this show so interesting has been the way it's explored the interplay between David's powers and his mental issues. If one half of that formula becomes "corrected" can it remain just as interesting? Like you I knew nothing of the character prior to the show so perhaps some who are more familiar with him can give some insight.

• 1Like

Caliane

well the show is largely doing its own thing.

One aspect you note is, the focus on the villain, and how most of the show takes place in his mind, or is entirely focused on him, and the local cast. The villainous organization is hilariously a red herring in the pilot. They show up, but really are not the threat at all. David goes in and wrecks them alone. The Eye sticks around, and gets unceremoniously killed off.
Future seasons could actually start dealing with the wider world. But the truth is, the show totally ignoring the wider world, has been part of the charm. it HAS been entirely personal.

David is a trainwreck, with or without the Shadow king. This is another big thing. He is Schizophrenic. Shadow king being beaten, killed, etc. won't stop davids other personalities. in fact, likely will just pop the cork. This element could easily get even more dominant. with MORE weirdness, more mindscapes, etc. More and multiple hostile personalities vieing for control.

• 1Like