Lost Ark Online

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
they give you like 38 days for free, and you can get another 14+ for free with just amethyst crystals you get, so there's really no wrong time to start using it as soon as you want.

I have 8 days, I guess the extra 30 days is a reward somewhere? I haven't paid a cent yet.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Once I get to 50 I can’t use a boost on another server right? If I wanted to play on Regulus I’d have to just roll a fresh guy there?

elidib

Vyemm Raider
yeah the boost is only on the server you hit 50 on.

I have 8 days, I guess the extra 30 days is a reward somewhere? I haven't paid a cent yet.
my bad, i paid for the bronze pack just for the early access, I didn't even realize it came with 30 days of crystalline aura.

but still, you can get the crystalline aura fully ingame if you want to between amethyst shards and buying blue crystals with gold. I don't know enough about the player economy yet to tell you whether that is exactly efficient or not.... but it's definitely possible.

These are the benefits, I can tell you from experience the fucking bifrost slots are worth it alone for myself:

• Triporter usage is free
  • Overseas liner fee is 50% less
  • Daily relationship actions +1 attempt
  • Natural regeneration of life energy +10%
  • Usable bifrost slots +2
  • Cooldown Song of Return -50%
  • Stronghold: research time -10%
  • Fortress: Production Time -10%
  • Fortress: Expedition Time -10%
  • Stronghold: Action Energy – Default Regeneration Amount +10%
  • Unlock Ultimate Antistress for Fortress Training Grounds (XP Gained per Minute: 7,000)
  • Crystal Patron title applied (while benefit lasts)
  • Use companion effect and companion function (while benefit lasts)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, the pet functions and bifrost are really the only reasons to have aura. Even then, the benefits aren't anything game-changing/"must have".

I guess Amazon is just saying "fuck you" to the whole second founder's pack thing for rolling on another server? It has been like a week with no news.

Finished 2nd Abyssal dungeon and 2nd Guardian last night with some homies. Approaching 440GS now that things are rolling. Absolutely in love with Paladin and squeezed out level 3 on my blessed aura finally. They're almost EXACTLY how I envision a Paladin in my mind's eye.

I really wish they'd add ranked PvP soon. Me and my 2 buddies have been absolutely styling on kids in Team Deathmatch and Team Elimination. Team elimination is a blast, because you get to shit on your homies when they lose their 1v1. I was 12% health from 1v3ing a team last night - Paladins are kinda busted in PvP. The only classes that really give me fits are bards and sorcs. Sometimes martial artists if they get a good catch(so hard to break out of their wombo combos if they catch you), but I just straight dumpster assassins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

elidib

Vyemm Raider
lol, yeah I tried some solo deathmatch as a shadow hunter just for the weekly and it was a hilarious shitfest of "get stunned and juggled asshole"

I probably had access to play my character for 5 out of every 30 seconds, and those 5 were spent denying someone else access to their character.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
lol, yeah I tried some solo deathmatch as a shadow hunter just for the weekly and it was a hilarious shitfest of "get stunned and juggled asshole"

I probably had access to play my character for 5 out of every 30 seconds, and those 5 were spent denying someone else access to their character.
I LOVE PvP in this game. It reminds me so much of BDO where if you aren't good at your class or know the mechanics of the game/classes, you just get punished to fuck and think "lol omg this is just a CC fest!". I mean, it kind of is, but only if you don't understand what is happening, make a mistake, and get caught. Most classes have "combos" once they get a catch/CC. The trick is just knowing what to avoid, when to dodge, when to CC immunity, i-frame, etc. We've been having a blast and PvPed for almost 4 hours last night even though we're already Tier 1 and it gives us nothing other than learning how other classes play.

That's also the beauty in LA being so "alt-friendly" and almost encouraging you to roll alts - it REALLY helps you learn what other classes are capable of, what their combos are, things to avoid, ways to counter, etc.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Honestly, the pet functions and bifrost are really the only reasons to have aura. Even then, the benefits aren't anything game-changing/"must have".

I guess Amazon is just saying "fuck you" to the whole second founder's pack thing for rolling on another server? It has been like a week with no news.

Finished 2nd Abyssal dungeon and 2nd Guardian last night with some homies. Approaching 440GS now that things are rolling. Absolutely in love with Paladin and squeezed out level 3 on my blessed aura finally. They're almost EXACTLY how I envision a Paladin in my mind's eye.

I really wish they'd add ranked PvP soon. Me and my 2 buddies have been absolutely styling on kids in Team Deathmatch and Team Elimination. Team elimination is a blast, because you get to shit on your homies when they lose their 1v1. I was 12% health from 1v3ing a team last night - Paladins are kinda busted in PvP. The only classes that really give me fits are bards and sorcs. Sometimes martial artists if they get a good catch(so hard to break out of their wombo combos if they catch you), but I just straight dumpster assassins.
Was with a paladin last night in a guardian raid that I guess went FULL support. Fucker never even entered melee range. He got MVP with an absurd amount of recovery or whatever that stat is but it took us FOREVER to kill the boss.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Was with a paladin last night in a guardian raid that I guess went FULL support. Fucker never even entered melee range. He got MVP with an absurd amount of recovery or whatever that stat is but it took us FOREVER to kill the boss.
I mean, you can play a paladin as full "range", especially with the 2nd tripod to make Holy Sword "ranged", light shock, godsent law, etc. But, you REALLY should be rotating in heavenly blessings and wrath of god atk power buffs, and executor's sword/holy sword for stagger/interrupts. Don't get me wrong, Paladins are still pretty garbage DPS for the most part, but you can still mix in some decent hitters especially if you stay in the front to get the bonus damage on holy sword and executor's.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Once I get to 50 I can’t use a boost on another server right? If I wanted to play on Regulus I’d have to just roll a fresh guy there?
You have to finish a certain story to get that ticket. Arthetine? Then when you boost your 1st char you get another ticket with him right away thus you can boost your 2nd. But keep in mind when you boost you lose out on all the mats and other shit you get from doing the Sushire stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yeah I am not sure what is happening with that. To make a claim and then choose to just ignore the claim is pretty shitty.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This game straight up doesnt scratch the MMO or ARPG itch at all for me, what a disappointment
Pvp is pretty fun though so i'll keep it installed and dick around on that i think, but god damn gating all the fun shit behind a 2x a day loot lockout is dumb

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
yeah the boost is only on the server you hit 50 on.

my bad, i paid for the bronze pack just for the early access, I didn't even realize it came with 30 days of crystalline aura.

but still, you can get the crystalline aura fully ingame if you want to between amethyst shards and buying blue crystals with gold. I don't know enough about the player economy yet to tell you whether that is exactly efficient or not.... but it's definitely possible.

These are the benefits, I can tell you from experience the fucking bifrost slots are worth it alone for myself:

• Triporter usage is free
  • Overseas liner fee is 50% less
  • Daily relationship actions +1 attempt
  • Natural regeneration of life energy +10%
  • Usable bifrost slots +2
  • Cooldown Song of Return -50%
  • Stronghold: research time -10%
  • Fortress: Production Time -10%
  • Fortress: Expedition Time -10%
  • Stronghold: Action Energy – Default Regeneration Amount +10%
  • Unlock Ultimate Antistress for Fortress Training Grounds (XP Gained per Minute: 7,000)
  • Crystal Patron title applied (while benefit lasts)
  • Use companion effect and companion function (while benefit lasts)

I'll activate whenever I get whatever bifrost is then!