Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I would categorize the Ignite situation as a side experiment Express-in-a-box rather than a separate server. Transfer bonus is fixed and you get a 1620 char out of it, but you can't extra Roster farm for gold and resources. High floor with a ceiling that is barely above the floor.

An existing player gets a free 1620 boosted character and 200k gold with the ability to enter T4 immediately.

A new/returning player gets to play Lost Ark without any P2W (shop is disabled), pressure in raids (normal/solo only), and if they enjoy it they'll be brought to T4 where they get to make a choice on if they want to continue (likely not).

For everyone, it's a week or two of fun seeing Lost Ark for what it could have been. I think they nailed this even if it won't return too many folks by virtue of how poorly LA is viewed in the West.

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
An existing player gets a free 1620 boosted character and 200k gold with the ability to enter T4 immediately.

A new/returning player gets to play Lost Ark without any P2W (shop is disabled), pressure in raids (normal/solo only), and if they enjoy it they'll be brought to T4 where they get to make a choice on if they want to continue (likely not).

For everyone, it's a week or two of fun seeing Lost Ark for what it could have been. I think they nailed this even if it won't return too many folks by virtue of how poorly LA is viewed in the West.

I don’t think it’s viewed that negatively, more than it isn’t even viewed at all. This shit has been written off by most as a dead p2w failed mmo. You don’t recover from that especially with zero advertising.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I don’t think it’s viewed that negatively, more than it isn’t even viewed at all. This shit has been written off by most as a dead p2w failed mmo. You don’t recover from that especially with zero advertising.
I think we're both basically saying the same thing. It will never recover from what people perceive it to be (perhaps rightfully so) even if that perception is absolutely wrong. People ask me all the time how much I spend on the game and don't believe me when I say that I haven't spent any cash on the game in over a year. Meanwhile with these passes, someone like you who returned less than two months ago will be able to have 4 characters in T4 at release and I'm pretty confident you're not spending any cash either. There are a lot of things to fault Lost Ark on (hi2u cards, too many systems, etc) but the stuff that people actually fault it for are objectively false.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The server should remain as a server if they really wanted this to be a spring board. In either scenario where you hit 1620 in two weeks or it takes the full seven you transfer over and everything left behind poofs. So you jump through the hoops at the pacing they set up but once you cross the threshold the value past that line massively nosedives. That's why i view it as an experimental Express this isn't trying to build up communities and guilds for a brand new server it literally has a ticking clock before it explodes.