Lucifer

spronk

FPS noob
yeahj
ok now we know a few things. Good Episode last night- mom was good, Maze was Really Good, the Doc was spot on...overall good conclusion to the first "half" of the season...

Whoah, didn't realize season 2 is gonna be 22 episodes long. Season 1 was only 13. Thats kinda insane, crazy impressed with the writers for keeping the quality up for so many episodes.

I liked the cover song - Phil Collins in the Air tonight - at the end

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I liked that they unveiled some things but thought the episode was meh. The forensic cop is the cutest on the show, took me a while to realize it was the babysitter from Dexter

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not sure why he had Maze fight the guy when Lucifer could have just destroyed him immediately.

Overall, I agree that everything's moving forward at a good pace and they're not dragging everything out like a lot of shows would do.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Well, Maze beat the guy using normal fighting. Lucifer going Devil on him would break the 'don't confirm your divinity' thing they've discussed previously, Amenadiel was pissed at Lucifer for revealing himself to the doctor for instance.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm also impressed with the level of writing on this show, can't think of a single character I want to see not get screen time.

A solid stream of one liners, even from characters other the Lucifer. (Nods for Chinese crime boss for.. "Well that sucked" and Maze's continual stream of euphemisms.)

Liked the plot reveal at the end, which explains a good deal without going over the top with it.

My wife suspected at one point that Chloe would end up being a Nephilim with Michael as the father in human form who staged his death to return to heaven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The writing is good no doubt, but actors are also doing very good. I'm surprised this show isn't more popular. It's just good, and can probably appeal to most audience.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is called Lucifer. That right there probably eliminates a huge percentage of the country from even giving it a chance, given how prevalent religion is in the US. You've got people that literally want to stop teaching evolution because of the Bible, they sure as fuck aren't going to watch a show called Lucifer no matter how good it is. And depicting Lucifer as a decent guy? Blasphemy! Hell, I mention it to people that aren't really religious and they are immediately skeptical just from the name. It is unfortunate really. I'm not sure what else I would call it, but something else, maybe even some sort of play on words relating to Hell or the Devil, would probably have given it at least a chance at a larger viewing audience.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Well, Maze beat the guy using normal fighting. Lucifer going Devil on him would break the 'don't confirm your divinity' thing they've discussed previously, Amenadiel was pissed at Lucifer for revealing himself to the doctor for instance.

Not sure what you mean by that, but he's shown multiple people he was the devil as well as telling people constantly.

spronk

FPS noob
just say there are some insanely hot women on there and religious views get thrown out the window

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I thought this was supposed to be a limited run show? When it first came out they said it had a planned conclusion.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
Yeah he's told people over and over, and let's face it everyone thinks hes talking out of his arse, the doctor thinks its a metaphor etc but in the episode after he flat out shows the doctor who he is Amenadial tells him something like 'humans shouldn't be given absolute proof of divinity'. It's a bit woolly, as he made that guy go nuts by showing him something, but then no one would now believe him as hes nuts /shrug

edit: actually it seems Amenadiel argues against giving proof of divinity before he knows about Lucifer showing the doctor, it's part of the plot line with Chloe having Lucifers blood.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
chloe does not have his wings- she HAD his blood and put it in the trash.

lucifer Burned his wings last season except for a feather that maze found and she used it on amenadiel.

i honestly think how they did the doc reveal was well done. the show is -for fox- decently rated, and the ratings are improving.

main reason imo for lower ratings were....

1 main star of show...is LUCIFER- that right there will eliminate thousands upon thousands of viewers who are hardline christians...my wife at First- wouldn't watch the show due to him being the devil...it is now the ONLY primetime tv show she watches.. (she gets home from work late on mondays, we eat dinner at about 9pm, then watch lucifer via dvr time delayed (usually start the show ~9:15-9:30 and skip the commercials.)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the premise of the show, being about the devil is probably always going to affect it's rating.

It's strange, my boss is a Christian, and he started watching the show when it came out, he didn't mind the show being about the devil...what eventually bothered him was the portrayal of the devil that wasn't evil, and was even sympathetic character that you liked. So he stopped watching because the devil wasn't portrayed as a being of absolute evil which I thought it was funny. :)

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's not even aired in France. Not on any channel. DVD's won't be on sale until march 2017 for season 1 (not that I'm looking forward someone butchering the show with poor dubs...). Somehow people aren't interested in this show, until you force them to watch an ep and then they are glued to it.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
its not the CotW, its the dialogue that keeps people coming back-and has more people watching, i mean the things that come out of lucifer's mouth at times are just..golden.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Lucifer: “Welcome to Devil Time.”
Chloe: “What are you doing?”
Lucifer: “Trying out my new catchphrase.”
Dan: “‘Welcome to Devil Time’? What the hell does that mean?”
Lucifer: “She knows what it means.”
Jamie: “I have no idea what it means.”

Lucifer "Weaponizer" Ep is pretty much the same plot as Castle 'Last Action Hero" and I loved every minute of it.

Lucifer is one of few shows that I look forward to each week. So fun.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I think I might love you. I have had a mancrush on Enver since that episode in Dollhouse where they swapped bodies and he was so good at mimicking the nerdy tech guy that I swear if you had closed your eyes you wouldn't know which one was which. Every time I see him show up somewhere I'm thrilled, but I'm not aware of anything he's done that was as awesome as Dollhouse. One fucking episode of Dexter and he gets killed, when he could have easily been a season bad guy, or at least a sidekick to a season bad guy. Agent Carter, he was good in it, but nothing a thousand other guys couldn't have done. With all the spy shit possible on Agent Carter they could have really used his range, but no, he's just a gimp.

Whenever I see him and I start gushing to someone else about him they look at me like I'm crazy because he hasn't ever been in something they remember him being awesome in...unless they watched Dollhouse. Which obviously not many people did, since it got canceled.

Seriously, I fucking love that guy. If I had a billion dollars and wanted to make a TV show or movie about pretty much anything, I'd find a spot for him in it, guaranteed. Doesn't matter what it is about, he could do it. And he's probably relatively cheap too :(

I remember the discussion in the old Dollhouse thread when that episode aired. Epic response. I do the same thing when I see him, and get the same reaction. I suspect Joss Whedon had a hand in getting him the part in Agent Carter, and the small role in Avengers. Now I am going to have to checkout some of the other series he has been in...