Magic the Gathering - The Movie?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm sure that most Anime is unwatchable shit, I just think that watching the actually good ones is on the same level as nerdy TV like Star Trek. Like I actually meet normal people IRL of both genders who have seen and liked anime.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Watch this.
rrr_img_57477.jpg

Chris

Potato del Grande
"It's all the same shit" is stunningly ignorant, it's like saying that all movies are the same. It's a medium not a genre.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I definitely agree that MTG is well above Warhammer and D&D on the dork scale, but I'll also argue that 99% of all anime is completely unwatchable to any healthy, functioning, adult human male. Anime is almost so universally terrible, when it happens to be good, we should just call it something else.

This film will be awful.
<< what this guy said.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
"It's all the same shit" is stunningly ignorant, it's like saying that all movies are the same. It's a medium not a genre.
No, animation is the medium. Anime is a genre, which then has sub-genres. 99% of it only appeals to people under the age of 15, and the Japanese(who seem to stop progressing socially around that age)

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Anime is not a medium, medium on this context, is the way information gets to you.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Semantics. Try "all hollywood movies are the same" rather than "all movies".

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
related

rrr_img_57709.png

rrr_img_57710.png

rrr_img_57711.png

I'm proud to live in a world where a thread about a magic the gathering movie derails into an anime argument.

I fucking love you guys.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
If anime wanted to be more respected it probably should've chosen something less retarded than Inuyasha to broadcast on Cartoon Network for the last 10 years of my life.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Semantics. Try "all hollywood movies are the same" rather than "all movies".
Wait, which side are you arguing for again? Hollywood movies are all the same.... In all seriousness, to mainstream western society Anime is only really ahead of furries on the acceptability scale.

Back to the topic at hand, they made a movie from the game Battleship. Its hard to imagine anything less suitable to for a narrative, at least MTG had lore shit on the cards.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
...at least MTG had lore shit on the cards.
Well, the flavour text is another thing altogheder, and my favourite quote in the world is:
"The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it."
And I've read that on a MTG card.

Still, I think it is too little to make a good movie just out of some flavour text.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Blood of the Martyr.

Mine is. "Don't mourn for me. This is my destiny." Which it is not on the books, and that pissed me off, the fucker writer could have at least added it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In all seriousness, to mainstream western society Anime is only really ahead of furries on the acceptability scale.
Maybe it's just USA then? At least some anime seems fairly well watched among young (20-30) people here.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Maybe it's just USA then? At least some anime seems fairly well watched among young (20-30) people here.
I think you're probably living in a bubble.
wink.png
I'm Canadian, and while I know some people who watch anime they're all the super geeky types. I imagine the UK is the same, I have a few cousins that live there and none watch it.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
No idea how a MtG movie hasn't been made already, it would literally make thousands, maybe even tens of thousands.