Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Can people please stop bringing up the 36 million dollar lawsuit as motive for the county and agencies involved to frame Avery? Just because someone claims an amount doesn't mean they will be awarded that much, or anywhere close to it. Any lawyers involved would know that immediately, and most people with common sense would too.

In the end he settled for around 400k.
d5561e9961795a066206143da21990cd.jpg

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Can people please stop bringing up the 36 million dollar lawsuit as motive for the county and agencies involved to frame Avery? Just because someone claims an amount doesn't mean they will be awarded that much, or anywhere close to it. Any lawyers involved would know that immediately, and most people with common sense would too.

He wasn't going to get 36 million but 400k wasn't reasonable either, he had to make that settlement under duress because he needed attorneys. If I were guessing I'd say he would have gotten $5-10 million.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
And the settlement saved face for the reputation of the law enforcement involved in the initial wrongful conviction. If that had gone to trial it certainly would have been shameful for those involved and a lot of people who were still employed at the time would have lost their jobs in disgrace.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
And the settlement saved face for the reputation of the law enforcement involved in the initial wrongful conviction. If that had gone to trial it certainly would have been shameful for those involved and a lot of people who were still employed at the time would have lost their jobs in disgrace.
There was also a particular interest right at that time of stopping the depositions and discovery before the full picture of the 1985 railroading came out. The rank and file cops were stepping on their dicks in their depositions, imagine how that retard DA and Sherriff would have done. And it would have been a matter of time until they found an incriminating document in discovery.

Jive Turkey

Karen

Even if this is true (as was pointed out, without the murder charge, he probably wouldn't have settled for so little), they already established with the rape case that they didn't even need a monetary motive to frame Avery. But on top of whatever motive that was, now there's personal resentment for making the police department look foolish. Take the money out if you like, but there still doesn't seem to be a lack of motive

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You didn't use proper punctuation in a sentence about punctuation. I'm taking a point from you and giving it to Bisi
Looks like you lost 5 points for moose rape. Hopefully you don't have a jury full of folks just like you that convict despite believing police planted evidence.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Looks like you lost 5 points for moose rape. Hopefully you don't have a jury full of folks just like you that convict despite believing police planted evidence.
Keep repeating the same retarded refrain. If you've yet to understand my position by now after 15 clarifications, you never will.
And the moose shouldn't have been dressed that way.

Brand

Molten Core Raider

Did you even watch it? He settled because he needed money for the attorney in the Murder case...It was that or go to trial with Public Defender from Manitowoc...Like Len...And we all know the quality that that Howdy Doody clone brought to the table.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Keep repeating the same retarded refrain. If you've yet to understand my position by now after 15 clarifications, you never will.
And the moose shouldn't have been dressed that way.
I don't appreciate your victim blaming shitlord!

khalid

Unelected Mod
Looking at that list of exonerated people, just so fucking sad. How many other people are in jail for shit like killing their daughter and are completely innocent? Shit is crazy.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
....people who were still employed at the time would have lost their jobs in disgrace.
Well, probably not in that shithole of a county, but yeah, settling lets the powers that be say they only settled because it was cheaper than fighting and still proclaim no wrong doing. In short: the frame job was a success!

Caliane

Looking at that list of exonerated people, just so fucking sad. How many other people are in jail for shit like killing their daughter and are completely innocent? Shit is crazy.
seriously wtf. Father coerced into confessing, and later proved not guilty, and it was obviously someone else? what the fuck? wonder if footage of that confession is around.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's hard for me to even watch this show, up to episode 6, I just get depressed whenever I watch an episode. This is the best justice we can do, bros, this is it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
sounds like steven got a great white shark for an attorney. i dunno what she can do at this point though without any discovery of new evidence and they still need to go through the crooked county government system. hopefully all this light being put on the case scares them into playing fair this time. i dont have much hope though, strang and buting were two hell of a lawyers who presented an incredible case and they didnt make a shits worth of difference.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It is just funny that he was their figurehead then scrubbed completely from the site and now they're all gungho (funny that Chrome tries to auto correct gungho to bunghole). Not surprising, just funny... the Avery thing, not bunghole thing.

Fedor

<Banned>
So it turns out the filmmakers left out the "sweat" stuff because it basically went nowhere in court:

"Making A Murderer": Filmmakers discuss documentary | MSNBC

The crime lab guy examined Steven Avery's personal car and then went on to examine Theresa Albach's car but forgot to change his gloves. There was no way to determine whether the DNA was there to begin with or if he had accidentally brought it over.

Ken Kratz poisoned the well once by holding that press conference before the trial and and now he's done it again by getting some faggots to write those articles about "damning evidence being left out".