Malazan Book Of The Fallen

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
The last "Karsa" book put me off of anything new from them.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The God is Not Willing?? Man that was great. It felt like a higher tier Book of the Fallen story and not one of the last books that went on for 10,000 pages about nothing.

Fall of Light special edition came in yesterday so put it on the shelf. There’s still a couple of random Bauchelian books I need. Should check eBay when I have some extra money. Oddly I’m not even in a Malazan trading group on Facebook.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I finished Toll of Hounds and the convergence was entertaining as always. I'm determined to finish the series now but I don't know if I'll continue on to the other Malazan books.

Karsa doesn't do much for me, but I'll reserve judgement until the end of the series.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can see that, for sure. TGINW just felt like a good return to Bridgeburner story and the shenanigans of sappers and banter between all of them that the early stories had with Fiddler and company. Guess I’m saying the enjoyment came from that and less about the Teblor and Toblakai stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one who enjoyed Return of the Crimson Guard and Esslemonts books?

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the first couple but maybe it was Orb, Sceptre, Throne where they really started to suck?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Am I the only one who enjoyed Return of the Crimson Guard and Esslemonts books?
I think RoTCG is the best of Esslemont's books. I've enjoyed his work because it fleshes out the Malazan world so much. Is it on par with Erikson's books? No. Will I still read and enjoy them? Yes.

Pretty surprised to see anyone say The God is Not Willing put them off from Malazan. I thought it was a nice return to form for Erikson, and set the stage for what ought to be a pretty eventful trilogy.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I'll read ICE's books because they are in the same world but they are all C-tier. God not willing is what prompted me to do re-read #1 2 odd years ago. The fact that I think about these books all the damn time is what has made me re-read them this time. I have an epub of all main 10 in one and I'm to the point where
Karsa just made his flint sword
, not really sure which book that is.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
A main character across multiple books was named Kyle. He was a borderline Gary Stu. And I wouldn't be surprised he was an author(or one of his kids) self insert.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ripped from FB group:

IMG_6363.jpeg

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
That’s awesome. Tehol and Bugg are great, some of my favorite characters. That said, I’d rather he finish Kharakanas or TGINW before diving into another project.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That’s awesome. Tehol and Bugg are great, some of my favorite characters. That said, I’d rather he finish Kharakanas or TGINW before diving into another project.
Oh haha, I think that's supposed to be an Election poster someone made! Not a project announcement from Erikson, haha

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users