[manga] Everything Else

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Isengard_sl

shitlord
Korochiya Ichi

http://view.mangamonger.com/ichi-the-killer/

1345747870283.jpg

lovely manga

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, we all basically knew who the mystery girl was going to be. But its been revealed at the end of this fairy tail chapter.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
once again tower of god delivers.. as always ToG updates are pretty much what I look forward to weekly and next week is going to be no exception.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got hooked on a manga this weekend called Magi. It follows the usual shounen tropes (main character as the jesus etc) but it feels pretty fresh due to the faux 1001 nights backdrop. Reminds me of FT since it tends to veer towards a more younger crowd but has enough good moments to make worth reading. There is a lot of fluff though so you got to be persistent.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
just started Tower of God and jesus, it's amazing.

"What. You said there were no clues.
Then of course you just -

GAMBLE."

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'll have to give Tower of God a try sounds interesting, only thing I have kept up on in the last few years is Berserk, though a friend is trying to get me into One Piece. Just getting into the Sword Art Online Anime so thinking I will pick that up too, anyone read it and have a review compared to the show?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Tower of God is orgasmically good. One Piece, Tower of God, Breaker, Naruto, Bleach, and Claymore are the only things I read at the moment.

Definitely looking for some suggestions on some new stuff to read.

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Tower of God is orgasmically good. One Piece, Tower of God, Breaker, Naruto, Bleach, and Claymore are the only things I read at the moment.

Definitely looking for some suggestions on some new stuff to read.
I still gotta start reading ToG again, only on chapter 6, been lazy with the holidays and all. Besides that I follow the same ones you do plusHistorys Strongest Disciple Kenichi,Beelzebub, andAssassination Classroom, which are great ongoing series.

There's tons of finished series of course I could recommend if anyone needs. (Go readPsyrenNOW if you haven't)

Joe_sl

shitlord
XO Sisters is pretty good korean shounen/harem type manga. I think it's being cancelled though. Had some fun characters in it.
frown.png

Sarg_sl

shitlord
ToG and FT are currently my favorites, followed closely by One Piece (and thats only because i havent really enjoyed punk hazard stuff much) naruto and bleach i sorta follow 'just because' since they release the same time as OP. But ToG seems like a much fresher TYPE of story as opposed to the normal japanese structure of story. FT I enjoy simply because its done well- but still really suffers from the common problems as most Japanese mangas..

What I'm really getting at though is if you're on the fence about trying ToG, giving it a chance is definitely worth it, give it a few chapters and see how it works for you. Highly recommended if everyone else's opinions on ToG weren't enough to make it clear.)

Berserk I like, but the time between releases kind of turns me off... its fun when updates actually happen but I just don't think much about it anymore.

Vinland Saga hasn't been too bad either, its also a bit slow on the releases it seems, and the story has slowed down a bit as of late (imo) but was a decent read.

Also been reading Ubel blatt a bit - its got some bad and some awesome to it, but seems like it hasnt had much of a following/isn't overly popular. This one supposedly started up again after a horribly long hiatus... but I haven't seen much more than a few updates so who knows wtf is going on with its author. Still a fairly awesome read if you like some action with some titties thrown in here and there /shrug

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
ToG is Korean (while the other big names are all Japanese). Try Breaker (and New Waves), those are both Korean as well.

I managed to catch up to the current release off ToG. Which is disappointing (and awesome at the same time) because I just want more of it. The author is really good, and there's actually a lot more room to expand the entire story. Wish we could clone him or something.

Sarg_sl

shitlord
ToG is Korean (while the other big names are all Japanese). Try Breaker (and New Waves), those are both Korean as well.
Yeah I actually first heard of ToG and SIU while I was over in korea for a year from a couple katusa buddies of mine, have heard a bit about breaker too but haven't checked it out yet, but likely will. And yeah thats why I think ToG is such a refreshing change from the same ol' we've mostly gotten accustomed to. I'd like to check out a few other manwhas but just haven't had the time with the moving around i've been doing.

Also one of the things that really turned me on and impressed me about ToG is the amount of data that the author has about all the small ins and outs about the story - characters that have been introduced, ones that may have been mentioned but you may not have heard much about, or ones that haven't been introduced yet - most already seem to have a place in the workings of the story. Just seems to be a ton of data this guy has about the story he's telling... not entirely just stuff that he keeps playing off of as time goes on -- such as others that will not be named here.