[manga] Everything Else

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey I just finished part 1 of Tower of God which is the first two floors (Nim and Evankhell), all great so far!

Then I started part 2... What the fuck? Is it supposed to be an incoherent time skip or did the website I'm using fuck up and skip me ahead? I've no idea what is going on.
Nope, there is a slight time skip, and you start off with new characters, but keep reading, part 2 is really good (yes, you will meet up with Bamm again).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Hey I just finished part 1 of Tower of God which is the first two floors (Nim and Evankhell), all great so far!

Then I started part 2... What the fuck? Is it supposed to be an incoherent time skip or did the website I'm using fuck up and skip me ahead? I've no idea what is going on.
Are you reading on Webtoons.com? There's a small time skip in the point where Baam turns into Viole and gets some powerup training, and his group adjusts to life without him.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Nope, there is a slight time skip, and you start off with new characters, but keep reading, part 2 is really good (yes, you will meet up with Bamm again).
Alright thanks for confirming, Bamm has a different name I assume is undercover, so I guess you just wait for flashback to fill you in?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright thanks for confirming, Bamm has a different name I assume is undercover, so I guess you just wait for flashback to fill you in?
Yep. I think part 2, prior to the current arc, is the best (new arc is really good though and getting better).

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I didn't care for helltrain all that much, but it wasn't bad. But yes Viole/Baam are the same and it explains it a bit.

There's a wiki (and this thread to ask questions int) if you get confused about some of it. There are some author notes and some blog posts that aren't listed anywhere that fill in some info.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hell Train was too long, but the introduction of White is cool. So far I'm indifferent with name hunt station. I think the author should focus more on current characters than adding even more (Lilial, Kaiser, etc). We have too many characters to keep track of already.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
New berserk on mangastrem. One more chapter to go and we get to the truth of casca's condition.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not technically manga... but Webtoons has a special 32 comic "series" for national dog day. It was pretty good.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
New berserk on mangastrem. One more chapter to go and we get to the truth of casca's condition.
I hope so but you know it could take way more than that, I won't be surprised if he goes back to rikken to fuck with us, on another note sometimes I look at the scope and detail in his pages and am blown away, no wonder he can take so long.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm back to complain about ToG. Just finished the second arc "workshop battle" and the story seems to have had another time skip?? I was expecting to see the reunion between baam and koon and gator, then have WTF happened explained to me.

Is baam called viole now? I can't follow the story with new characters introduced en mass with no context. What is going on :/

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm back to complain about ToG. Just finished the second arc "workshop battle" and the story seems to have had another time skip?? I was expecting to see the reunion between baam and koon and gator, then have WTF happened explained to me.

Is baam called viole now? I can't follow the story with new characters introduced en mass with no context. What is going on :/
Yes, Baam is Viole. I don't think there is a timeskip after the workshop battle (not a big one, maybe a few days or a week?). It moves from there to the helltrain and there's a minor powerup timeskip of a week or a few days in there as well.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is Viole a really elaborate fake name or his real one somehow? Characters and even the author's notes are still calling him Viole. Like you NEED to explain your main character changing his name lol.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Is Viole a really elaborate fake name or his real one somehow? Characters and even the author's notes are still calling him Viole. Like you NEED to explain your main character changing his name lol.
So when he was/is in FUG, he's known as Viole the slayer candidate. To everyone not in FUG he's just "Baam".

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alright thanks, as long as they explain wtf FUG is I can deal with that.
I don't remember what it exactly stands for, but it's a group dedicated to the destruction of the head of the Zahard clan. There's a ton of backstory to it, but basically only those who "force themselves" into the toward can actually go against the guy. Those people who didn't enter normally are called irregulars and have MASSIVE amounts of power.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's the bit I do know! Just haven't had how Baam joined them, what a slayer is, the circumstances of them trying to make him into an ignition weapon, who they are, their beef with Zahard etc. Not having the last timeskip gap explained before the next timeskip is off putting but I'll give it another go. I think it's the author being an amateur and without an editor shining through.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
That's the bit I do know! Just haven't had how Baam joined them, what a slayer is, the circumstances of them trying to make him into an ignition weapon, who they are, their beef with Zahard etc. Not having the last timeskip gap explained before the next timeskip is off putting but I'll give it another go. I think it's the author being an amateur and without an editor shining through.
I thought they got into it later or something, but before the time skip/hair-growth... when baam and rachel were in that bubble, she betrayed him and either the floor administrator had set it up to get him into fug or planned on it or something. But he was saved from that by FUG and sort of became their new slayer candidate because he's an irregular and can actually go after zahard.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider

One thing to keep in mind about TOG is that the author tends to post plot relevant story material in his post chapter blog posts. Usually when you are following the manga on a weekly basis, people will discuss shit he says in the posts that explain a lot of the gaps & general wtf's you see in the chapters. I think he does this because of his health problems he has had with his hands the past couple of years preventing him from going all out and fleshing the story in the weekly chapters. He just doesn't have the time to get all the stuff drawn in the manhua.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I think a few of us don't know how to answer you w/o spoiling, so from now on if you ask questions about TOG, you gotta say, you want spoilers, you're ok with it, or you want "just enough" info, b/c what you're asking, is what ALL OF US, were asking as we were reading the series as it got released, except, now we all know A LOT, cuz of the vast amount of material released.

Cuz the whole viole/bamm thing, all of us were wondering that for 20 chapters until confirmed

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
The story of FUG and Slayers is explained pretty well throughout the story. If you are ever confused, just go to the TOG Wiki. You will find the creator of FUG who Viole was named after.