Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Actually that does not sound that bad, really. I mean are our lives any better fucking wage slaving away in some cubicle somewhere shitposting all day. Same shit every day? Go home watch some TV or play some games and rinse and repeat until you fucking die of some disease while the years go by?

I don't know about you, but yes? I'm very happy getting paid to know things rather than getting crippled working around heavy machinery all my life.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Actually that does not sound that bad, really. I mean are our lives any better fucking wage slaving away in some cubicle somewhere shitposting all day. Same shit every day? Go home watch some TV or play some games and rinse and repeat until you fucking die of some disease while the years go by?
Yeah I agree with you here, if I could make the same type of living I do now being outside and doing some physical labor rather than sitting at a desk I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I think the bigger concern is how unrealistic the whole thing sounds and they're probably just chasing some pipe dream.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's one thing to chase a dream on your own, but to drag a 1 year old along with you...

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's one thing to chase a dream on your own, but to drag a 1 year old along with you...

I actually forgot the best part. She's 6 months.

Not only that, dude has a 4 year old daughter that isn't coming.

Yeah.... That kind of guy

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I agree with you here, if I could make the same type of living I do now being outside and doing some physical labor rather than sitting at a desk I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I think the bigger concern is how unrealistic the whole thing sounds and they're probably just chasing some pipe dream.

haha!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We all have them in every family. Ours is my wife's sister and her inbred hillbilly husband. They are building a house in the middle of nowhere. They can't even access their gifted property from his parents' farm without driving on someone else's driveway. Their house is on mostly flat ground and they have in essence a poured concrete, above ground basement. No windows, it looks like a 10 foot tall foundation. My guess is, dude is going prepper, but is too stupid to realize how dumb an above ground bunker is. The bedrooms are tiny, and they are damn near full quiver and shitting out a kid every year and a half. Good times, good times.

Sterling

El Presidente
To be fair I know guys in TX that have absolutely no marketable skills and go work in Alaska for a few months and come back with like $70k. Same with North Dakota. They say they sleep in a tent and get fed in a big tent and work outside all day in harsh conditions but then take 3 months off and make 6 figures overall. I don't audit their books so I don't how how full of shit they are but there's a lot of money to be made if you're willing to go work in the field nonstop away from the comforts of city life.
No idea about Alaska, but during the big oil boom in recent years this was happening in western ND. It also caused Williston, ND to have the highest rent in the country. Studio apartments for 3k+ a month.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We all have them in every family. Ours is my wife's sister and her inbred hillbilly husband. They are building a house in the middle of nowhere. They can't even access their gifted property from his parents' farm without driving on someone else's driveway. Their house is on mostly flat ground and they have in essence a poured concrete, above ground basement. No windows, it looks like a 10 foot tall foundation. My guess is, dude is going prepper, but is too stupid to realize how dumb an above ground bunker is. The bedrooms are tiny, and they are damn near full quiver and shitting out a kid every year and a half. Good times, good times.
Oh yeah, she was never that person but then one day she started doing stupid shit - getting knocked up, buying a shit condo (which apparently was a quick sale, so what do I know), conspiracy theorist to the extreme, then this..

What I've found out through her talking to me a bit is they couldn't afford the mortgage at all and were house poor. That's understandable except a couple months ago both of them bought brand new cars and also they buy the kid designer clothes (seriously, multiple northface fleeces for SIX MONTH OLD). They're 25 years old and their immaturity at their age really shows through. So their grand plan right now is to move into my father's house for a bit "until the RV is made for them" (???), buy a brand new truck with a welding station (???) mounted on the back. They also said they need to "wait for the call" before they can travel and start working. Whatever that entails.

To me without researching anything at all, that sounds like a major fucking investment. I don't know what RV's cost but they have to be expensive especially since she said they're "making it for them". I know for sure a brand new truck with that sort of equipment must be some heavy duty cost too. It's just ludicrous. And yes I know it sounds like they'd have a trailer and a truck but no, they're buying a full RV and a truck. He needs the truck for moving between sites or something. This is all that Dakota pipeline bullshit.

In the end I feel bad for my dad, he's probably gonna be stuck with these two scumbags living in his house forever. This is a kid that despite owning her own home still has my dad pay for her medical bill and cell phone bill. I forgot that she got a major bill when she had the kid and just ignored it so it's in collections somewhere.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sounds like a fancy story they're telling so it sounds better than "We're moving in with dad because we can't afford our house."

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We had it to sweet. $1000/month for free electricity/ac

Downside was we heard gunshots and also the apartment building smelled like weed

Arative

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are they making one those stupid tiny houses? Every time I see that show, those houses all have wheels on them, basically I think tiny home is the new PC code word for trailer home.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
All my friends who bought houses spend their entire summers and weekends working on their house. Doesn't sound like a great hobby.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh yeah, she was never that person but then one day she started doing stupid shit - getting knocked up, buying a shit condo (which apparently was a quick sale, so what do I know), conspiracy theorist to the extreme, then this..

What I've found out through her talking to me a bit is they couldn't afford the mortgage at all and were house poor. That's understandable except a couple months ago both of them bought brand new cars and also they buy the kid designer clothes (seriously, multiple northface fleeces for SIX MONTH OLD). They're 25 years old and their immaturity at their age really shows through. So their grand plan right now is to move into my father's house for a bit "until the RV is made for them" (???), buy a brand new truck with a welding station (???) mounted on the back. They also said they need to "wait for the call" before they can travel and start working. Whatever that entails.

To me without researching anything at all, that sounds like a major fucking investment. I don't know what RV's cost but they have to be expensive especially since she said they're "making it for them". I know for sure a brand new truck with that sort of equipment must be some heavy duty cost too. It's just ludicrous. And yes I know it sounds like they'd have a trailer and a truck but no, they're buying a full RV and a truck. He needs the truck for moving between sites or something. This is all that Dakota pipeline bullshit.

In the end I feel bad for my dad, he's probably gonna be stuck with these two scumbags living in his house forever. This is a kid that despite owning her own home still has my dad pay for her medical bill and cell phone bill. I forgot that she got a major bill when she had the kid and just ignored it so it's in collections somewhere.

Yep it's that age range. Like they laughed at us for trading in our car and 8 grand for a 2014 mini van, instead of twice the money for a suburban that has 5 times the miles and is 10 years old like they did, all because mini vans are uncool. Yeah they are dorky, there is no doubt, but being up to your eyeballs in debt on a car that is totally not worth what you owe is even dorkier.