Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So, wife has been in Texas the last 5 days for a friend's wedding as bridesmaid. They have been drunk at the clubs most nights, though my wife called it early a couple nights. Her two best friends that went with her got in a 4am fistfight in the hotel room last night. Her one friend has been fucking randoms the while time. I got to thinking about expectations.
Yeah I dont think I would be able to put up with that. IMO theres just somethings you shouldnt do when in a committed relationship, especially married. Playing wingman while your girlfriends get shitfaced while riding a dick carousal is one of them.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Yeah I dont think I would be able to put up with that. IMO theres just somethings you shouldnt do when in a committed relationship, especially married. Playing wingman while your girlfriends get shitfaced while riding a dick carousal is one of them.
Yeah, my wife is about 10yrs younger than me. She is a good mom, and in 4yrs of marriage I have never seen any signs she is disloyal. Her friends are kinda white trash bar types, she used to party alot. I think this weekend was an eye opener. We have been so busy making babies the last 4 years, 2 boys born and two miscarriages at the 3 month mark. I think she didn't fully realize how much she has grown as a person and this weekend she had a wake up call how much she has changed away from them. It will be interesting going forward to see if she distances herself from them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist

She's not playing wingman. She's just going out with friends. At an out-of-town wedding. Jesus some of you people. You sound very sad and not-fun.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
Four years married and four pregnancies? I'm on my eighth year of marriage and I feel like we've moved pretty fast with the same situation (2 kids, 2 miscarriages). I'm not implying that the way I did things is the right or the best way, but it was nice to get years of dating and years of marriage together before having kids. Maybe your wife feels like she missed out on her "wild" years and was trying to recapture or make up for that? Not sure how old you guys are but I've seen couples with that age gap where the younger harbors some resentment for fast forwarding into "adult life" too quickly.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So, wife has been in Texas the last 5 days for a friend's wedding as bridesmaid. They have been drunk at the clubs most nights, though my wife called it early a couple nights. Her two best friends that went with her got in a 4am fistfight in the hotel room last night. Her one friend has been fucking randoms the while time. I got to thinking about expectations.
I think traditionally women took the role of moral compass. Yes, this came with inequality in some arenas. While men have always brawled, whored around while drinking like sailers, and making bad decisions. Women overall were the more calming force and contained the animalism. I think a real terrible side effect of Feminism has been opening up women to do the same unexceptable stupid behavior. I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm really kinda disgusted with the behavior. I'm not hand waving men, I just think we are more programmed biologically to be idiots. The nice thing was women civilized us, especially once we settled down and started looking after a family. The more recent addition of many women acting like savage retards is really disconcerting.

Serious answer, when men figured out the basic idea that their kids came from them and if they didn't want to be raising some other dudes spawn that they needed to guard access to their women is when a couple things happened. First, women kind of became property and encouraged not to fuck around (hint they still did, a lot) and (in addition to being tied down to child rearing) were contained and protected because they are the bottleneck of our reproduction cycle. Woman are "moral" and "conservative" because you need a lot more of them to keep the species going so they vary from the mean very little. Men are, evolutionarily speaking, expendable so they can do all sorts of crazy bullshit and the species continues as long as one or two guys can Ghengis Khan the species. Our cultures might have grown up around those survival instinct strategies, but they are still there.

We can just override that wiring because our intelligence lets us sometimes ignore our programming. And the ability to ignore it goes up the further removed from the basic needs of survival we get along with the crazy being ramped up. The other thing at play here is that we really do not remove defects or failure from our genetics anymore, since we are technologically adept enough to remove the basics of survival as a hurdle to making more hell spawn. So on some levels, you are right, but on others the species might need some crazy bitches to take themselves out of the gene pool.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Four years married and four pregnancies? I'm on my eighth year of marriage and I feel like we've moved pretty fast with the same situation (2 kids, 2 miscarriages). I'm not implying that the way I did things is the right or the best way, but it was nice to get years of dating and years of marriage together before having kids. Maybe your wife feels like she missed out on her "wild" years and was trying to recapture or make up for that? Not sure how old you guys are but I've seen couples with that age gap where the younger harbors some resentment for fast forwarding into "adult life" too quickly.

On the other hand, since she now has skin in the game and an eye opening weekend of seeing how little her white trash pals have changed, she might go the other direction. I would say its a coinflip, without being aware of any other factors. But usually a planned kid (vs an Oops) means the "I got skin in the game" mentality kicks in. I would guess her checking in is her mulling over the contrast between herself and her old friends manifesting itself. I mostly agree with you, but I think Titan wanted to get his kids cranked out before he got too old so he was working against the clock on that one.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
She's not playing wingman. She's just going out with friends. At an out-of-town wedding. Jesus some of you people. You sound very sad and not-fun.

Agree with this, especially if she has shown zero signs of any sort of behavior to say otherwise. Part of being married and making it work is trust (i.e. not treating the other person like a child or pet).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
I think she felt some of that pressure early on. I think she has changed alot since marriage and isn't really in that place anymore. I think she had romanticized this trip and had a little awakening about that lifestyle. She doesn't go out more than once a month and even then she comes home drunk and pays the price the next day. It's been a pretty natural progression and our marriage is improving steadily.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

Oh I'm sure THEY are fun. But they expect women to be 1950's housewives or they are "whores riding the dick carousel."

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Oh I'm sure THEY are fun. But they expect women to be 1950's housewives or they are "whores riding the dick carousel."
Think theres a bit of a difference between having a drink with a friend the night before a wedding, and going out to a club while your friends get shit faced to find someone to fuck for the night.

• 1Salty

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
BP is still hurt from his military ex.

Not all girls are like that, man. I know that was recent in your life. But it's OK to have fun with old school friends for an out of town wedding. That's like top 10 all time reasons for partying hard. You ever experience an out of town wedding with your bros? C'mon, man.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Think theres a bit of a difference between having a drink with a friend the night before a wedding, and going out to a club while your friends get shit faced to find someone to fuck for the night.

Since your wording is ambiguous, is the wife in this instance the one looking for someone to fuck for the night or is it her friends?

The sad thing here is the double standard you're applying to women - as if they're not allowed to go find someone to fuck for the night. There's men involved in every step of that, but the women are "whores riding the dick carousel" while men are what, spinning plates and being badasses? The language used by a lot of posters here displays very unusual contempt for women if they behave in a sexual manner at all, and honestly it's a bit scary.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Since your wording is ambiguous, is the wife in this instance the one looking for someone to fuck for the night or is it her friends?

The sad thing here is the double standard you're applying to women - as if they're not allowed to go find someone to fuck for the night. There's men involved in every step of that, but the women are "whores riding the dick carousel" while men are what, spinning plates and being badasses? The language used by a lot of posters here displays very unusual contempt for women if they behave in a sexual manner at all, and honestly it's a bit scary.

Why is that scary?

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>

Well it's not the responsibility of random people to uphold your relationship. And if the roles were reversed, one of our female posters said their husband was off in another state getting drunk at clubs as their buddies slept with random women every night I'd say the same thing.

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Friends of your wife doing something is different than your wife doing something. If that line is too blurry then I’d guess trust is an issue in your relationship.

• 1Like

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd expect it of myself to leave situations like that, much less my wife. It's ripe for bad decision making and you don't need shit like that in life with children anymore.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean if you can’t trust yourself to me the right decision I’m that instance or trust your wife/husband too then sure...but that that point I feel there’s other issues at hand that need resolving...this not being one of them.