Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
We were/are good at putting up stuff and keeping it organized. I only wanted someone to do actual cleaning every so often. Not weekly. With no kids it really wasn't that bad.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We were/are good at putting up stuff and keeping it organized. I only wanted someone to do actual cleaning every so often. Not weekly. With no kids it really wasn't that bad.
Yea, I understand that kids make things very difficult. Especially now that there are 5 of them in the house. Ages 6, 5, 3, 2, 2. You clean the house and within a day, it's back to a shit hole if you don't stay on top of the kids and their stuff. That's frustrating for anyone. My situation is a little different as well where I'm gone all week. I leave Monday morning, and come home Friday afternoon. So I'm not home every night to "help" , or to keep up on stuff.

It's really jarring to come home to clutter, and kids stuff, and crap just all over the place.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Bro that is a lot of people in your house

I hope they are at least contributing in some way (financially, cooking, whatever). If they aren't, they need to be cleaning.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Start by telling her how much it bothers you, and how much stress it's creating for you. Say you don't care who cleans it, as long as it's getting clean. I hate ultimatums but maybe it's time for one. If this house isn't in shape in a month, were hiring some help.

It's fine to be proud, and it's fine to have some shame - but neither are getting the job done.

Is she working? If not, then no excuse. Either she cleans or someone else does.

Sometimes you just have to make the call, and she can deal with it.

Now let me pull my foot out of my mouth

I'm telling y'all. If you just start throwing shit out when it annoys you. She'll get the picture.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Especially when it's her that's annoying you

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Borzak

I used to refer my wife, then girlfriend as a neat freak. It kind of annoyed me when she would be at my house, sit down and let's be together and relax. Nope gotta clean. She has over time relaxed that a lot. It probably still bugs her though. She had a schedule and I was more of get it all done at once today and move on to something else.

Crone

Bro that is a lot of people in your house

I hope they are at least contributing in some way (financially, cooking, whatever). If they aren't, they need to be cleaning.
The sister in law and wife stay home with the kids, the men go off to work all week. My brother in law also travels all week so we're both gone. But he's, they pay some rent to help out. Not much, but it's something.

I ended up finding a cleaning service that does my area and will give them a call this week. Weekly or biweekly cleanings is gonna be glorious.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
If you're getting a cleaning service off Craig's List you can always find one that does it topless.

giphy.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How do you convince the wife to get a cleaning service when she's too prideful to admit we need one, but too embarrassed to let anyone else see the mess that the house has become?

Easy. You "win" cleaning services somewhere. From work, or a bar. Wherever it doesn't matter. Make it something like 6 times and ask her how quick she wants to burn them up. By the end of 6 she'll either be hooked on the service or will hate it and then at least you will know. Get the Craigslist maid to play along and maybe even go ahead and prepay her.

If you're getting a cleaning service off Craig's List you can always find one that does it topless.

giphy.gif

I had a nude maid once and no lie she was the best maid I've ever had. I mean best at cleaning. The nakedness and letting us film her masterbating were huge positives, but when she wanted to give up the nude maid gig we begged her to stay for the same price. Some asshole drugged her is the reason she wanted to stop.

But I have heard most nude maids don't clean worth a damn. So buyer beware.

• 1WTF

fris

Vyemm Raider
when i was married, we had the best cleaning lady. my X and i both work full time, so this was a 'treat yourself' sort of thing. just every other week, except for when she was pregnant (really when it started), and after her mother moved in w/ us. we went through 2 services before we found this lady. she rocks, would clean the entire house, put any as much clothes as the dryer could finish before she left, put away every dish, etc, $20/hour. she lvoed our kids too. she could hold a new born, bottle in his mouth, while dusting w/ her other hand.

now that i'm single, i think my X still uses her every other week, i do all teh cleaning myself. i figure the ~100 bucks a month i'm saving i can spend on my kids. it's a losing battle when they're with me for a week. the 1st day w/o them, i do a good cleaning and it stays that way till i get them back a week later.

Borzak

I'm afraid to ask. I wouldn't even know where to find a naked maid. I had a maid. I most definitely did not want to see her naked.

Another note. Girlfriend and I were together almost 20 years. We lived together for that most of the time, but had periods I was off working or she was visiting somewhere on business. Never had an issue. She drove back to Austin yesterday and I fly out there early next week. it's killing me now. Saying "I do" is an odd thing. Really odd.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I guess it's time for me to join this thread. Popped the question the day after Christmas while in Rome. 3.11 carats, E color, VVS1 clarity, platinum setting, 3.51 carats total. Dumb to spend this much, but hopefully it's for a lifetime

20191202_165903.jpg

• 4Picard
  • 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 9 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Guess how much the wedding ring I bought was? (bonus because she picked it out).

$900 rofl. I did buy it in East Europe though.

Borzak

I didn't have a ring. She proposed to me. Apparently I was playing the long game lol.

Seriously congrats. No idea how much a ring like that would cost, never priced them.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I meant idiot for getting married.

My belief on engagement rings is spend whatever feels right to you. Doesnt matter. I spent $1000. My wife's friend had a $10k engagement ring (TWO SEPARATE TIMES) and they both fell apart at the altar

• 1Like

Crone

Wife was more agreeable to the cleaning service than I thought she would be. She's coming Monday to scope the place out and give an estimate. Wife did say she has a ton of anxiety over it, and feels like she wants to clean before the cleaning lady gets here, so as said already, money well spent as long as cleaning happens. Lol

• 1Quality Calories