Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
A cleaning service is some of the best money my girlfriend and I spend every month. Neither of us are very "messy" people so there isn't much clutter and we both hate a dirty kitchen - so, none of that nasty ass kitchen clutter (plates covered in 3-day old dinner grime)I see in a lot of Millennial friends' houses nowadays. But, we both work a lot and neither of us can stand "deep" cleaning(toilets, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, etc.). My sister has a side business where she cleans homes. We pay her $80/month and she comes over once a month to make the place spotless and deep cleans any of the stuff we don't touch(pretty much everything aside from the kitchen).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Cleaning services (good ones) are the best. I can keep my house neat, but I hate the deep cleaning Kirun is talking about. Really scrubbing and moving shit to get the crap that falls between the cracks. Tidy doesn't mean clean. I have no problem staying tidy, but I want someone else to actually clean because I am very lazy about that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wife was more agreeable to the cleaning service than I thought she would be. She's coming Monday to scope the place out and give an estimate. Wife did say she has a ton of anxiety over it, and feels like she wants to clean before the cleaning lady gets here, so as said already, money well spent as long as cleaning happens. Lol

Wife asked what I was doing while we're in different towns. "Looking up how much a nude maid would cost". My wife lets me get away with a tremendous amount. Having a nude maid clean house while she's at work and I am not, is not one of them apparently.

At one point she had to type my responses here almost a year ago. She nailed where I got the idea from instantly.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Wife was more agreeable to the cleaning service than I thought she would be. She's coming Monday to scope the place out and give an estimate. Wife did say she has a ton of anxiety over it, and feels like she wants to clean before the cleaning lady gets here, so as said already, money well spent as long as cleaning happens. Lol
Does your wife work?

Khane

I've seen your roofing/drywall DIY pictures. Apparently they dont make men like they used to either.

• 3Ice Burn
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I dunno. If I had two women at home maybe... I'm guessing that is not the situation there however.

• 1Potato

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dunno. If I had two women at home maybe... I'm guessing that is not the situation there however.
It is actually.

Noodle keeps up with the deets! lol. For a few months, maybe longer, maybe shorter, I have my wife's identical twin sister and family living with us. That's sister/brother in law, and 2 kids, age 3 and 18 months. The brother in law and me go off to work Monday, and come home Friday. The wives stay home with all the kids. Neither of our wives work, and are both stay at home Mothers.

Because of the cleaning lady's estimate that's happening Monday morning at 11am, the bathrooms have already been cleaned today, and I suspect even more will happen before she gets here Monday morning.

Khane

You're also gonna have to spend money on "play dates" or "outdoor time" or some other bullshit for the scheduled cleaning times. Because there is no way those two women are gonna sit in the house while someone else is cleaning it. Well maybe they will, if they are completely shameless.

"Okay kids it's Tuesday! McDonald's and ice cream day!!!!" While the cleaning lady is at the house cleaning.

Khane

But one is okay? I am confused by this outrage.

You have to understand, when you only have one women not doing anything it's your fault and you have to make sure you keep dating her to keep her happy. But you can't date 2 women. Well... not normally anyway and definitely not when they live in the same house!

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
You have to understand, when you only have one women not doing anything it's your fault and you have to make sure you keep dating her to keep her happy. But you can't date 2 women. Well... not normally anyway and definitely not when they live in the same house!

1248b213-8688-40af-b4c9-3ed191fe1d56_text.gif

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've seen your roofing/drywall DIY pictures. Apparently they dont make men like they used to either.
And im here paying for it!

Seriously though, absolutely no reason to have to pay a housekeeper when you have a "stay at home mom". Thats just wasting money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users