Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
ultimatum issued...marriage counselor or she will divorce me...
Marriage councilor just means it's over, and she wants a chance to convince a marriage expert she's the one right about everything. Best spend everything on a crazy bender asap so there's nothing to split in divorce.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I have never, ever, in my entire life seen marriage counseling save a marriage. In fact, one marriage councilor even admitted to me that their primary role is just making the inevitable divorce less contentious.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Counseling is idiotic. Only reason you should be going to a therapist/counselor is because you saw your parents burn to death in a car or similar reason.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
What if your crotch is burning to death because your husband gave you herpes?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What if your crotch is burning to death because your husband gave you herpes?
My question in that scenario would be 'why didnt you file for divorce the first time your husband gave you an STD from a gutter trash hooker'

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My theory is that she's been cheating on him for years and she finally found one she thinks will work out long term.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
i'm sure there's some marriage that was saved by counseling, none that I know. I know several divorces where counseling was involved.

funny story, can't remember if i've shared it here

one morning before a friend's wedding, all the groomsmen are sitting at a table having breakfast. the groom asks us, most of us being friends for 30 years, to tell him the hard truth, what does he need to know, prepare him for the rest of his life. few give some simple b.s. I say pick your battles and know that when you win you lose. my best friend chimes in on how true it is. another friend, speaks up and says it should be the opposite. says how your partner should be the one you communicate with the most and you should feel able to be most honest with. after several minutes of platitudes, i ask him, aren't you and your wife both phd councilors? he says yes with clarification on whatever their degrees and studies are in. so i turn back to the groom and say, if you and your wife have about a decade each of training in how to communicate, then do so. otherwise, pick your battles and know when you win you lose.

i've never heard of a councilor or shrink that wasn't also seeing someone

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So you shouldn't go and hit ont he counselor? Nah probaby not the phscyo bablle would never end even in bed.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
He wouldn't want Johnny and his magic dick anywhere near his fucked up whores. They might get their shit together and then where would he be?

Or die from an overdose. He's had a lot of that too.

• 1Worf

Johnny53

Vyemm Raider
well she was tired of me spending time/money on camwhores, and coupled with my past, she said she had enough, she moved to the spare room in february, i told her watching cam whores was like watching a tv show, she says i am a sex addict, what because i like to orgasm ?, she started a bumble account, i checked her phone and realized thru her conversations with other guys, just how boring she is...she pushed for counseling and reading self help books, personally i think she wants affirmation that i am the whole problem, whatever, I have had better stronger orgasms without her help..first conseling session is tonight

• 1Worf