Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My current power of divorce climate:

Woman A) Met on eHarmony. Listed herself as in environmental science, played it very close to the cuff during initial correspondance but then got very flirty and ended up being very witty with seemingly a lot in common. We met, she was not very much like what her texting personified, turns out she hasn't finished her degree yet but "isn't sure if it's her passion". I ask what she does for work now, she says she runs a property management firm. As a landlord this interests me so I ask her how many properties she manages. Just the one that her father gave to her and that she resides in. Turns out she's actually just a bartender and a landlord for a property she inherited. Sigh. But I'm a glutton for punishment and she's sexy as hell so I keep talking to her. She's 29.

Woman B) Met at a friend's birthday party. Her father was giving me the hard sell so I introduced myself and chatted her up. Talked about cooking, sat by the bonfire, got a little drunk, started singing and dancing and making out like high schoolers. Met up a few days later at a bar for trivia night, had a good time. She's got a degree in Architectural Engineering that is not being used because "I'm just not sure it's my passion" and instead works as a medical technician at a local clinic and waitresses at a buffalo wild wings. Sigh. But I'm a glutton for punishment and she's cool and fun so I keep talking to her. She's 28.

Woman C) Met at a friggin' gas station. I smelled like a bonfire from the night before and she commented on how I smell dangerous (because we were at a gas station). Met up the next night at a local brewery and had just a basic, good first date. She's a paralegal who has a degree in... I don't remember. All I remember was that "I'm just not sure it's my passion". Sigh. She's 26 and Bisi would worship her ampleness.

Notice a common theme here?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My current power of divorce climate:

Woman A) Met on eHarmony. Listed herself as in environmental science, played it very close to the cuff during initial correspondance but then got very flirty and ended up being very witty with seemingly a lot in common. We met, she was not very much like what her texting personified, turns out she hasn't finished her degree yet but "isn't sure if it's her passion". I ask what she does for work now, she says she runs a property management firm. As a landlord this interests me so I ask her how many properties she manages. Just the one that her father gave to her and that she resides in. Turns out she's actually just a bartender and a landlord for a property she inherited. Sigh. But I'm a glutton for punishment and she's sexy as hell so I keep talking to her. She's 29.

Woman B) Met at a friend's birthday party. Her father was giving me the hard sell so I introduced myself and chatted her up. Talked about cooking, sat by the bonfire, got a little drunk, started singing and dancing and making out like high schoolers. Met up a few days later at a bar for trivia night, had a good time. She's got a degree in Architectural Engineering that is not being used because "I'm just not sure it's my passion" and instead works as a medical technician at a local clinic and waitresses at a buffalo wild wings. Sigh. But I'm a glutton for punishment and she's cool and fun so I keep talking to her. She's 28.

Woman C) Met at a friggin' gas station. I smelled like a bonfire from the night before and she commented on how I smell dangerous (because we were at a gas station). Met up the next night at a local brewery and had just a basic, good first date. She's a paralegal who has a degree in... I don't remember. All I remember was that "I'm just not sure it's my passion". Sigh. She's 26 and Bisi would worship her ampleness.

Notice a common theme here?
"Not my passion" translates to "I don't like this whole regimented 9-6 work (or study) life routine". I'd say that maybe 5% of people get the chance to make money while doing what they "passionately" love, and even those lose the "passion" after doing it ad nauseam for 10+ years. I was passionate about working in IT 20 years ago, but after two decades in the trenches it's just become a well paying job to me. These chicks are either idealists or looking for early retirement at a dude's expense.

I'll trade you a "it's not my passion" for "don't be judgmental". Turns out that's online woman-speak for "I'm a stripper".

Khane

"Not my passion" translates to "I don't like this whole regimented 9-6 work (or study) life routine". I'd say that maybe 5% of people get the chance to make money while doing what they "passionately" love, and even those lose the "passion" after doing it ad nauseam for 10+ years. I was passionate about working in IT 20 years ago, but after two decades in the trenches it's just become a well paying job to me. These chicks are either idealists or looking for early retirement at a dude's expense.

I'll trade you a "it's not my passion" for "don't be judgmental". Turns out that's online woman-speak for "I'm a stripper".
Well yes, out of curiosity has anyone here ever heard their male friends complain about a degree/job that "just isn't their passion"? I feel like I only ever hear women say this, and it's just an excuse to not have to enter the real world and be a responsible, autonomous adult, like wombat said.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
29 and 28 aren't my own age? I'm only 32 man! I was already a homeowner when I was 26!!!
Oh shit, my bad, I thought you were like 38. I still think you should date only thirty plus with what you demand out of a woman. Most girls in their 20s are just in party mode still.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Almost every human being I know isn't passionate about their job.

Also, Khane is looking for someone making like top level executive cash. He needs to be hitting up chicks who are 40+ in that case.

Khane

Almost every human being I know isn't passionate about their job.

Also, Khane is looking for someone making like top level executive cash. He needs to be hitting up chicks who are 40+ in that case.
Is there a SugarMommies.com?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I know lots of people who are passionate about their job. I am about my own. So is my wife. Are we just strangely lucky? I thought most people got some satisfaction from their jobs...

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Satisfaction isn't necessarily passion. I'm satisfied with my work, but I don't look forward to it, or want to put in more hours than needed.

Khane

I know lots of people who are passionate about their job. I am about my own. So is my wife. Are we just strangely lucky? I thought most people got some satisfaction from their jobs...
I think it has more to do with it just being a crutch and an excuse. People who say things like that don't realize that finding satisfaction in your job doesn't mean you'll be "passionate" about it. That level of passion is reserved for the special things in life. Like when Taco Bell releases a new menu item.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I think it has more to do with it just being a crutch and an excuse. People who say things like that don't realize that finding satisfaction in your job doesn't mean you'll be "passionate" about it. That level of passion is reserved for the special things in life. Like when Taco Bell releases a new menu item.
Exactly. Having a job you're satisfied with, both work-wise and income-wise to fuel the things you're actually doing is what's important to me. In that regard I'm satisfied.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Plenty of chicks in their '30's making decent coin-- the problem is that any chick that makes decent money AND doesn't look like she should be pulling a field plough wants a 6'+ tall Adonis that makes even more than her. Good looking chicks that have good careers are a rare species that know they are in high demand, and hence usually have ludicrous requirements, especially in the online dating scene. I've ideally wanted the same type of chick as Khane, but I no longer really have an income requirement. As long as they work, and want to continue working post marriage, I don't care how much they make really. It's always been more of a responsibility/integrity/work-ethic/independence thing for me rather than actual income. Someone who is career focused and good at her job is usually not only responsible, but has enough real worries/problems in her life that you find yourself dealing with a lot less stereotypical female drama. These women also tend to recognize what "real work" means, and are less likely to exhibit childish behavior over your work/life balance, or lack thereof.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Exactly. Having a job you're satisfied with, both work-wise and income-wise to fuel the things you're actually doing is what's important to me. In that regard I'm satisfied.
Okay, I can see that.

I guess I'm pretty passionate about what I do, and I likely project that on others who express satisfaction. I'm a jerk.

Khane

Plenty of chicks in their '30's making decent coin-- the problem is that any chick that makes decent money AND doesn't look like she should be pulling a field plough wants a 6'+ tall Adonis that makes even more than her. Good looking chicks that have good careers are a rare species that know they are in high demand, and hence usually have ludicrous requirements, especially in the online dating scene. I've ideally wanted the same type of chick as Khane, but I no longer really have an income requirement. As long as they work, and want to continue working post marriage, I don't care how much they make really. It's always been more of a responsibility/integrity/work-ethic/independence thing for me rather than actual income. Someone who is career focused and good at her job is usually not only responsible, but has enough real worries/problems in her life that you find yourself dealing with a lot less stereotypical female drama. These women also tend to recognize what "real work" means, and are less likely to exhibit childish behavior over your work/life balance, or lack thereof.
I don't have an income requirement. I want what you want. A woman who doesn't want to be a housewife and has some ambition in her career.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well yes, out of curiosity has anyone here ever heard their male friends complain about a degree/job that "just isn't their passion"? I feel like I only ever hear women say this, and it's just an excuse to not have to enter the real world and be a responsible, autonomous adult, like wombat said.
Confirmed don't know any bros that don't use their degree, but know two woman who don't use theirs.