Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Plenty of chicks in their '30's making decent coin-- the problem is that any chick that makes decent money AND doesn't look like she should be pulling a field plough wants a 6'+ tall Adonis that makes even more than her. Good looking chicks that have good careers are a rare species that know they are in high demand, and hence usually have ludicrous requirements, especially in the online dating scene. I've ideally wanted the same type of chick as Khane, but I no longer really have an income requirement. As long as they work, and want to continue working post marriage, I don't care how much they make really. It's always been more of a responsibility/integrity/work-ethic/independence thing for me rather than actual income. Someone who is career focused and good at her job is usually not only responsible, but has enough real worries/problems in her life that you find yourself dealing with a lot less stereotypical female drama. These women also tend to recognize what "real work" means, and are less likely to exhibit childish behavior over your work/life balance, or lack thereof.
They have these requirements because they can have these requirements, because they are rare. Most good looking chicks have been that way for a long time, and they realize if they bat their eyes at guys, they'll get what they want. Why bust your ass in a career when you can do that? Shit if there were rich women willing to pamper me for life if I just bat my eyes at them and go down on them now and then (but not too much, or they'll get spoiled) I'd probably hit that shit too. But there's not.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They have these requirements because they can have these requirements, because they are rare. Most good looking chicks have been that way for a long time, and they realize if they bat their eyes at guys, they'll get what they want. Why bust your ass in a career when you can do that? Shit if there were rich women willing to pamper me for life if I just bat my eyes at them and go down on them now and then (but not too much, or they'll get spoiled) I'd probably hit that shit too. But there's not.
You say that but no you wouldn't because you'd be bored and feel worthless. I doubt you'd relish not being able to hold your own in conversation with your male peers or feel inferior because all you've amounted to in life is the woman pampering you.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You say that but no you wouldn't because you'd be bored and feel worthless. I doubt you'd relish not being able to hold your own in conversation with your male peers or feel inferior because all you've amounted to in life is the woman pampering you.
I dunno man, I might just do my same hobbies and fun activities I do now, just with less work in between?

Khane

What I mean is, can you imagine if you had never done anything with your life except try to look your best to find someone to take care of you? You've been successful in two different careers, as it stands now you'd just be retiring early, in the other scenario you'd just be a trophy.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lawyer wimmin make money and are witty. Browse the local firms websites and mail love letters and dick pics to the ones you like.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
What I mean is, can you imagine if you had never done anything with your life except try to look your best to find someone to take care of you? You've been successful in two different careers, as it stands now you'd just be retiring early, in the other scenario you'd just be a trophy.
I mean, hard to say since I'd be a different person. I'm imaging if I found some hedge fund manager sugar momma right now what I would do.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I mean, hard to say since I'd be a different person. I'm imaging if I found some hedge fund manager sugar momma right now what I would do.
Personally I'd go back to school and get another undergrad degree in a double major.

iannis

Musty Nester
I would... I dunno what I'd do. Besides for lick whatever hole she points at. Obviously.

I literally can't even imagine.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah man, this wouldn't bother me. If I were able to work my side-job as a career full time and still live as I do I would be totally cool with it. Like I give a shit what model of Rolex others use to show me their status in life.

Khane

Yeah man, this wouldn't bother me. If I were able to work my side-job as a career full time and still live as I do I would be totally cool with it. Like I give a shit what model of Rolex others use to show me their status in life.
You're talking about working!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sure but looking good and do whatever I want falls into this category right? And being a mildly hippy adventure tour guide isn't exactly working.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well as more or less a kept man, I can say that I consider it important to be involved with a career (even though the wife makes way more) just so that I feel like a worthy partner. There are trophy men out there, but they usually end up kicked to the curb for handies in the parking lot like Aanima was. The one married guy I know without a job who is happily married basically takes care of the kids (extremely well) and handles all the house shit for his wife, plus pitches in in other ways. That's a rare case, though there are some divorcees that keep what amounts to a trophy dick on a leash out here in SoCal, but I don't consider those healthy relationships. I think if there are no kids, then both partners need to be working some sort of job, if only to maintain sanity. With kids, sure one can handle that end (if they put effort into it) while the other works, as long as its a team effort and stress is evenly distributed.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well as more or less a kept man, I can say that I consider it important to be involved with a career (even though the wife makes way more) just so that I feel like a worthy partner. There are trophy men out there, but they usually end up kicked to the curb for handies in the parking lot like Aanima was. The one married guy I know without a job who is happily married basically takes care of the kids (extremely well) and handles all the house shit for his wife, plus pitches in in other ways. That's a rare case, though there are some divorcees that keep what amounts to a trophy dick on a leash out here in SoCal, but I don't consider those healthy relationships. I think if there are no kids, then both partners need to be working some sort of job, if only to maintain sanity. With kids, sure one can handle that end (if they put effort into it) while the other works, as long as its a team effort and stress is evenly distributed.
I'm definitely with Phrazael on this one. Equality in income isn't that important. Other traits like being financially competent (despite income level) are far more important in the grand scheme of things. Being part of the money chase and climbing the corporate ladder is fucking AIDS. I hold it against nobody for not wanting to play that game. Teamwork is not a $ value.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I would totally be a full-time housebitch if my wife would let me. Clean the bathrooms, bake some bread, vacuum the carpet, paint something, start something in the crock pot, then either go fishing or get my game on.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I couldn't possibly care less about what my peers think of me. Make me a trophy husband. I need a huge garage and a few super cars to fill it, though.

Khane

Well everyone is different. I'd be bored as hell plus I feel the need to actually contribute to society, I hate wasted talent. If you are intelligent and have the ability to be a productive member of society I feel like you have a responsibility to do so.

Of course, if I was given the chance I'd quit my job and focus on something I've wanted to do for a while but have a hard time doing because I have a mortgage and student loan debt. Start my own business.