Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Well I snap and told her I wanted a divorce. I have been planning on leaving in a few months anyway and have been trying to get my ducks in a row before I break the news. She looks at me like I'm crazy and says ok without a shred of emotion. I have never laid a hand on a woman in my life but I never been so close to slapping the piss out of her right then and there. Obvious she has already checked out of the marriage.
So did you, given that you've been planning on leaving for months. Not sure why you'd be surprised at her lack of reaction, she probably knew well what was going on.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
So did you, given that you've been planning on leaving for months. Not sure why you'd be surprised at her lack of reaction, she probably knew well what was going on.
Seems like he's pissed she didn't cry or argue about it.

"I've leaving, fuck you!" "Bye" "Wait, don't you want to argue with me about it?" "Didn't you say you were leaving?"

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sloshed is the guy with the house that's messier than mine, I feel for you dude.

Last night I was driving home a little angry. My wife had finally gone through the mail, separated it, and prepared to file it - this meant there were at least 20 separate piles on the new kitchen table. Then she just stops.. just leaves it there for 2 weeks. So the other day I calmly say, "hey, can we work on this?" So yesterday I'm driving home and I'm pissed because I know it's still there - came home and it was all cleaned up. She also cleaned up some areas in the kitchen that were bothering me (that I couldn't touch, apparently) as well as some stuff in my office. Felt good, for once.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea doesn't sound like there's anything to complain about. Seems to me that lack of emotion is a godsend. Bitches usually go crazy during divorce, I'd take a woman showing no emotion every time... well... if I ever get married and then divorced that is.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yea doesn't sound like there's anything to complain about. Seems to me that lack of emotion is a godsend. Bitches usually go crazy during divorce, I'd take a woman showing no emotion every time... well... if I ever get married and then divorced that is.
I dunno, sometimes that outward lack of emotion can be more scary than her coming at you for an eye gouge. Depending on the chick, she may well be approaching it rationally and calmly. Or she could be plotting to completely destroy your life, one way or another.

Noodlemod_sl said:
Sloshed is the guy with the house that's messier than mine, I feel for you dude.
Ah, my bad if there's more backstory that's been posted here that I don't recall. All I'm aware of is that single post. It just struck me as odd to be angry that she didn't freak out and reacted coolly because she'd "checked out", when the dude himself admits he checked out months ago.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
No I didn't leave yet. I'm not leaving until the papers are final. I don't want to get cited for abandoning my kids. I have an appointment with the lawyer next week.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Glad I don't have troubles like this in my marriage.
Looking back this is my fault. I just married the wrong woman. I saw all of the signs but I just chose to ignore them. When we were dating and I went over to her house there were piles and piles of clothes just sitting on top of any flat surface. I should have known then that was the way she was raised and changing her was going to be impossible.

I even had someone warn me about her mother before we got married. The mother in law did some time after paying off an undercover cop to try and kill an ex husband. I always laughed at the mother in law giving me marriage advice considering she was divorced 4 times.

So if there was any marriage advice I could give to anyone is be careful because you marry the family. Make sure the family comes from the same type of upbringing that you had and you will have better success at a long lasting marriage.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I even had someone warn me about her mother before we got married. The mother in law did some time after paying off an undercover cop to try and kill an ex husband.
Welp, now I'd be concerned about her lack of caring.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Where's that pic Sloshed posted a while back? I seem to remember quite a few places you could stash a corpse.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Lack of emotion would have me worried that she's been getting her ducks in a row too. Also, I'd lay money that she wasn't answering because Sancho was laying the pipe to her. I thought for sure you were going to show up and find him still there.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Because guys can easily be taken to the cleaners?
If she's prepared and take a calm and logical approach to the process, he can be in for a costly ride.

She's also a nurse, ergo crazy. So he's dealing with crazy with self control, and look at her family history. I'd wear body armor if I was him.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Why would you be worried her ducks are in a row?
Should we quote the last 900 pages of this thread? Women are merciless and malicious during breakups. If she had time to plan, it means she has a head start in a situation where the deck was already going to be stacked in her favor. Also, what Hoss said.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
She obviously has free time since she doesn't spend it cleaning.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe she can get one of those Mexicans she is getting drilled by to pick up the house for her.