Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Feeling: melancholy and inquisitive.

To the FoH masses: What is your longest lasting successful relationship? What do you think made it successful...are you still in it? If not...why did it end? Do you miss it?

8 years. My first wife and from that phrasing you can see no, it didn't last.

It ended because she was cheating...there is a lot more to it than that but to save my thumbs the stress of typing out 20 paragraphs on my phone I'll leave it there.

I miss the first 5 years of that relationship, not the last 3 when she started cheating. Before that she was the best friend I ever had to this day.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
5 years was my longest relationship, but it was on and off and tons of drugs were involved. I don't really think it even counts at this point. My current relationship is the 2nd longest. I've been with my current girlfriend just over 4 years. She's almost 3 months pregnant and we'll likely get married shortly after the baby is born. Waiting this late in life(40) to get married is probably the best decision I've ever made. There is just no way I would have been successful at it in my 20s and a high probability of failing even in my 30s.

Now I'm old and I've given up on life. I'm ready.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Going on 11 years. Went through some pretty crazy shit through and after college with him, and some pretty hard/tedious parts (Was a long-distance relationship for a good 3 years- 2 years after we met, and a year when he went home to be with his mother while she had cancer.) A lot of dark passages to work through, though it really all boiled down to money and the two of us still figuring out what we want to do with life.

There may come a day where one of us/both of us decides things are different and that we're better off splitting up. Nothing's concrete. Been there a few times. But our last few years have been our best years, as agreed by committee.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Not counting the current relationship, about 30 days. They all ended with the girl deciding to stop returning my calls.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Met my wife in highschool 9 years ago, this year will be our 6th wedding anniversary.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Going on 11 years. Went through some pretty crazy shit through and after college with him, and some pretty hard/tedious parts (Was a long-distance relationship for a good 3 years- 2 years after we met, and a year when he went home to be with his mother while she had cancer.) A lot of dark passages to work through, though it really all boiled down to money and the two of us still figuring out what we want to do with life.

There may come a day where one of us/both of us decides things are different and that we're better off splitting up. Nothing's concrete. Been there a few times. But our last few years have been our best years, as agreed by committee.
11 years, that's a long time. Did you have any kids? What was the money problems?

Also, tits here, please: https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/the-foh-tits-thread.7017/page-2

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You are assuming it is not a gay couple .....
Zaara.jpg

Oooooh. Pending pics or PE, should I go with this?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
3.5 years was my longest relationship and every single second I thought to myself "What's the point?!"

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
If you get along with the person, the point is pretty obvious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Behind every great man is a great woman - I dunno been useful for me to have someone who knows me extremely well to help decipher what is legitimate stress and what's me just being a whiny shitter.

Surprisingly difficult for me to figure out on my own sometimes and has greatly accelerated what little success I've had.

Last edited:

iannis

Musty Nester
5 years was my longest relationship, but it was on and off and tons of drugs were involved. I don't really think it even counts at this point. My current relationship is the 2nd longest. I've been with my current girlfriend just over 4 years. She's almost 3 months pregnant and we'll likely get married shortly after the baby is born. Waiting this late in life(40) to get married is probably the best decision I've ever made. There is just no way I would have been successful at it in my 20s and a high probability of failing even in my 30s.

Now I'm old and I've given up on life. I'm ready.

Realizing that you're just never going to be truly happy and deciding that at least this woman can have a little bit of fun, it doesn't -all- have to be shit... I think that's really the trick.

iannis

Musty Nester
5 years for me too. I loved her more every year. She seems to have loved me less.

So now I shoot for 2 years max. It seems to be a breaking point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user