Marvel Heroes 20xx

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's fine with me though, honestly. I don't need to be pushing 3000 buttons per minute as long as stuff dies and I don't.
Well, it was the same thought I had. The problem is, he has horrible survivability, not much DPS, and despite what I initially thought, you do need more than 2 buttons.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Eh, if I go by what people say online, there's literally only like three characters to play. I'll roll with him for a while and see how I do.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So finished Ms. Marvel out, rank 5 legendary, uniques (did around 50 xdefs and not a single unique, then had uniques dropping like candy for 10 games), etc.

So, Hawkeye, Emma Frost, or Finish up Deadpool?

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Yeah it pisses me off the 'Must never see a male on my screen' folks basically talked Gaz into making his 3rd fucking costume a gender bender.
To be fair Loki was a chick in the comics (possessing Sif) for about 5 years, which is longer than some of the costumes they have for characters. Jean Grey was the Black Queen for what, two issues?

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't mind the gender swap costumes at all, but not for the first one after his release pair. I'm just salty I guess, really want his 80s style, ie the green/gold with shoulderpads and cape. Also didn't realize that storyline went on so long, I did read it few years ago, but I just d/l'd em, seemed like it was only 15-20 issues, though that is still like 2 years.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
To be fair Loki was a chick in the comics (possessing Sif) for about 5 years, which is longer than some of the costumes they have for characters. Jean Grey was the Black Queen for what, two issues?
That the Black Queen and Dark Phoenix outfits still have the normal Jean cheerleader lines instead of more appropriate voice over kinda chafes me a bit. Yes I know, first world problem and all that. I am still facerolling through all of the content with her Phoenix form before it gets nerfed in the 52 review.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, if I go by what people say online, there's literally only like three characters to play. I'll roll with him for a while and see how I do.
Eh, it's probably closer to 7-10, with another 10 or so "solid" heroes that canhandlecosmics, but they do so really slowly. In games like these(ARPGs), it's all about efficiency of the farm. So, naturally, heroes that do it the fastest are always going to be considered the "best".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
List them then, in your opinion. Save me some Gs!
Hawkeye, Storm, Ms. Marvel, Emma Frost, Ghost Rider, Jean Grey, and Deadpool are all probably "top" tier. You have a few others that are just barely below those, like Loki, Nightcrawler, Ironman, and Scarlet Witch. Then, you have the "possible, but a bit of a pain in the ass" tier, which includes almost everyone, except for the truly awful heroes. Now, these heroes are somewhat interchangeable throughout the tiers(mostly a matter of playstyle), but that's roughly how the hierarchy is laid out right now. There's very few downright horrible heroes. Those that are, are due to receive their updates pretty shortly.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
In the "fun to play" department how does emma stack up?
She is alright if you like watching dots tick on swarms of mobs. Really the funnest part about her is the hunt for interesting mobs to mind control. I personally found her diamond form to be underwhelming due to poor damage, but as always ymmv.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
In the "fun to play" department how does emma stack up?
She's ok. For the most part you'll just be rotating using her signature and popping your minion buff. While your minion is beating on shit, or more accurately just standing near shit, use her puddle AOE, her cone AOE then spam basic. It isn't too interactive but it isn't bad.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Finally got someone to 60. Colossus was boring. All I did was leap in and stomp the yard. I'm wondering who to level next. I was starting Scarlet Witch who was fun but I also have a 30 something Cyclops and I'm kind of interested in Ghost Rider but I don't know how good he is.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Cyc isn't very fun to play. Basically you get Ricochet and you use that until you can use Optic Devastation then you use that. All the time rolling around like a queer.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's why I don't really like giving advice on what characters to play because it's so subjective. Some people value hero power, others how unique the playstyle is, or how the animations are, etc. I tend to play the characters I like from the comics, though some have a playstyle/feel that differs from the comics so much that I don't enjoy them. Prime example being Thor, I bought his Founders pack but barely use him, his only usable playstyle mostly revolves around ranged attacks, while in the comics he's usually swinging away with his hammer/fists.

To me a character they nailed the feel of is Hulk, his animations and voice overs really bring him to life. Yes he only uses 3-4 active abilities, so if you are someone that enjoys filling your hotbar with abilities to use he's probably not gonna have a playstyle you enjoy. Also pretty sure it's been mentioned but if you don't mind the download, get the Test Center client, they have items that can level you to 60 and a box that drops full set of uniques. It's a good way to test run a character at 60 to see if you enjoy them.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Cyc isn't very fun to play. Basically you get Ricochet and you use that until you can use Optic Devastation then you use that. All the time rolling around like a queer.
Yeah I just ricochet blasted him to 50 in a few hours. I'm getting 50 with Ms Marvel now, she's currently 49. Then doing Iron Man who I dont enjoy to 25 for the + to range damage. AND THEN I'm leveling RR to 60. He was my first found character from back in the day and I fucking love him.