Marvel Heroes 20xx

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I decided to re-install the game. Haven't played since the first month, and from what I've read here, a lot has changed. Back when I played I got Colossus to 34, and Ms. Marvel to 20-ish. Is there more to do, for leveling up to 60 now? Or will I just repeat the Story quests over and over?
I would spend most of my time leveling with legendary quests. I did some xdef every few levels as well to upgrade gear - you can queue for it at any terminal. Seems to be the quickest way.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I decided to re-install the game. Haven't played since the first month, and from what I've read here, a lot has changed. Back when I played I got Colossus to 34, and Ms. Marvel to 20-ish. Is there more to do, for leveling up to 60 now? Or will I just repeat the Story quests over and over?
What I do is do the story on normal to about the mid 20s? After that I start doing Legendary Quests. They give great XP, some credits, and Odin Marks which you will want (save 300 for legendary item first). I found that it really helps to break up the grind by giving you smaller tasks to work on. If you have the credits and a supergroup or something then getting a group in Midtown Manhaten and grinding LQs is great since everyone gets quest credit for all of the kills zone wide; they just fly by. This can really eat into credits though because you might have to reroll them a couple of times to make sure you get a quest compatible with Midtown.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like Captain America not, but even at 20 I'm already starting to see some of the durability issues. It's a shame because he's fun as hell to play.

How is Luke Cage? People in game seemed to think he's currently terrible.

I also got a costume for Thor out of a fortune card, is he any good currently?
I have LC at 60. He isn't great but he isn't terrible. Unfortuantely his Heroes for Hire signature is pretty lackluster. I didn't even spec into it. But his Cage Was Here is good at clearing a room and his Crowbar + Dempsy is good for killing bosses.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Who would you do Xdef for gear? Better drops in there?
More or less. In theory you should get gear anywhere you can get a good kills per minute, and the odd bosses too. Midtown should be really good for gear, but I am convinced that Xdef has a hidden modifier.

Tenks

The issue with MM at 60 is that not everything is level 63. So you can still get drops below 60. For pure farming xdef seems by far the best at the moment. But that changes on a bi-weekly basis with this game for what they buff and nerf.

MossyBank

N00b
Case in point, game is about to patch, and runes won't drop as frequently in X-Def as they were before.
frown.png

Tenks

I figured xdef was going to get nerfed. I was getting around 5-6 runes per run in xdef and finding them no where in other zones. Hopefully they increased the global drop rate and nerfed the xdef drop rate.

Kanglor

Silver Knight of the Realm
When wondering about the strength or weakness of a character, my advice would be to hit their forum and check out some of the build guides with a decent amount of posts. Usually every hero has at least one person that knows what they are talking about, having tested many specs/gear builds. For example, Luke Cage, I only have him to 50 for synergy, but one of the more knowledgeable theory crafters named HarryTasker has a guide for him, and a video showing him ripping through Cosmic Terminal Lunar Mandarin in like 40 seconds. Another is Wolverine, he's considered by many to be fairly poor, and while his playstyle is quite boring, I have seen a video of him constantly ripping off crits/brutals in the 200-300k range.

Just like everyone online game, the masses are usually ignorant, and only flock to easy/overpowered classes. My current 3 'main' characters are Loki, Thor and Cyclops, with Loki being the easiest to run Cosmic Terminals with, though his single target damage is somewhat lacking.

Tenks

Wolverine is pretty well known for having extremely strong single target damage but terrible, abysmal AOE and bad survivability. He is basically a glass cannon minus the range.

Kanglor

Only if you build him glass cannon, that's another problem, especially in Cosmic Terminals, people are trying to ignore any type of defensive stats. Glockner is the one with the vids, he pretty easily does Cosmic Aim, that is considered one of the hardest, especially for melee as those stupid rocket rex mobs can gib you quick with their charge. If you look at his build though, he's not rocking all offensive gear, it makes a difference, even with the 3 chars I run Cosmics on I have moved to using at least 2 defensive type artifacts, usually an Adv Supersoldier, or Pyms/Starstone. It won't let me just stand in fire but I can take a few hits without instantly melting.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright, so what are Legendary Quests? You have to pay for them, and they send to someplace random?

Tenks

Alright, so what are Legendary Quests? You have to pay for them, and they send to someplace random?
At level 20 you unlock LQs. LQs send you somewhere in either the story, MM or terminal. You complete the objective and you get a sizable amount of XP and you get some Odin Marks (1-3 depending on the LQ.) You can spend Odin Marks on your legendary item and also on blessings for your artifacts. Once you complete an LQ you are automatically assigned another one.

Kanglor

You start getting them automatically at level 20, though they are a bit wonky in that sometimes you will get one that requires killing stuff too above your level. It happened because when they were introduced Chapter 8 was the end for the story, now they have added Chapter 9 zones, which have higher level mobs. The pay part comes in where you can spend credits to reroll another LQ, which is helpful if you get one like I just mentioned. Luckily once you get into the upper 20s it doesn't crop up very often, and you usually get enough credits for completing an LQ that after 2-3 of them you've made back the reroll expense.

Aside from that, as someone said earlier in the thread, LQs are the way to level, and you want all the Odin marks as well.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
They are just like any other quest, you get them starting at level 20. You don't need to pay for them but you do need to pay credits if you don't like the legendary you rolled and want to roll a different one. You can do them forever, each time you complete one a new one rolls.

Tenks

Anyone have any exp with Rocket Raccon in cosmics/xdef? How is he?
I have a geared Rocket. I haven't taken him to cosmic or xdef. He got a series of buffs but he still feels fairly weak to me. His main advantage is misdirection where he doesn't get hit because he has pretty bad defense and HP. In xdef you can easily just get clipped and die. I'd expect him to be decent at cosmics but rather slow since his overall DPS is pretty lack luster.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice. Servers down for a patch right after installation finishes...I wonder if that is some sort of sign. Ha.

Skrigg

Golden Squire
I have a geared Rocket. I haven't taken him to cosmic or xdef. He got a series of buffs but he still feels fairly weak to me. His main advantage is misdirection where he doesn't get hit because he has pretty bad defense and HP. In xdef you can easily just get clipped and die. I'd expect him to be decent at cosmics but rather slow since his overall DPS is pretty lack luster.
Thanks, I guess im looking for a strong pet/charm hero but not sure how they stack up.

Tenks

Emma is the ultimate pet hero imo. After that LC. Rocket gets tedious with just constantly dropping down turrets.