Marvel Universe stuff

Column_sl

shitlord
Who knows if Mark is trolling ,or not but he just told an Italian newspaper this.,,

[translated from Italian by Coming Soon] "The reason is too great to be revealed in this movie (Civil War). I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don't want to reveal where is he and why. I don't even know if Hulk will be back soon."

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Who knows if Mark is trolling ,or not but he just told an Italian newspaper this.,,
yea but we knew the hulk wasn't going to be in Cap:CW, it was setup in AOU that he just wants to be alone, and really whichever side lures in the Hulk (most likely Starks) that side wins.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also from that article

Update (September 2): Since this post originally went up, Birth Death Movies reported that in addition to cutting Ike Perlmutter out of the creative process, Marvel has also disbanded its Creative Committee, which consisted of "Alan Fine, who came with Perlmutter to Marvel through Toy Biz, Brian Michael Bendis, who is a prolific Marvel Comics writer, Dan Buckley, publisher of Marvel Comics and Joe Quesada, former editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics and the current Chief Creative Officer of Marvel Enterprises." According to the report, the Creative Committee was responsible for a lot of delays on conservative feedback on Marvel cinematic properties. Birth Death Movies claims, for example, that it was the Creative Committee's notes that caused Marvel's highly publicized rift with director Edgar Wright. Avengers director Joss Whedon was also very frank about his creative differences with Marvel, calling them "really unpleasant."
Kevin Feige still has the reins.

Column_sl

shitlord
Kevin Feige produces almost every Marvel movie ever made from all studios. Go look at his IMDB. That includes all the shitty ones.

Was the secret ingredient really the creative committee for the MCU portion all along which included seasoned comic book veterans? We shall see.

Column_sl

shitlord
He should run the entire show, Feige is responsible for the success of the MCU imo
How do you know that? He produces all marvel movies. If he was such a guiding force why are those others so bad.

Were not talking Bruce Timm taking on the Animated Division for a company, this is a guy who sole purpose is to drum up money to make a movie any way it takes.

He has no creative ties in any industry..

That being said there is no way to tell if the former Marvel comic book artists, writers and editors were that secret ingredient that kept the MCU movies so close to the comics versions.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
After reading that Vanity Fair article, I'm even more excited about the future of Marvel movies.

EDIT:
How do you know that? He produces all marvel movies. If he was such a guiding force why are those others so bad.
Which ones are the bad ones? I mean, I get that Iron Man 2 and 3 weren't great, but they still weren't what I would call shitty. I didn't go look at his IMDB though, so perhaps you are talking about ones that he just produced and had nothing to do with really, like Fantastic Four for example? I'm pretty sure he gets listed as a producer on all of them, whether he touched it or not, doesn't he?

Column_sl

shitlord
After reading that Vanity Fair article, I'm even more excited about the future of Marvel movies.

EDIT:

Which ones are the bad ones? I mean, I get that Iron Man 2 and 3 weren't great, but they still weren't what I would call shitty. I didn't go look at his IMDB though, so perhaps you are talking about ones that he just produced and had nothing to do with really, like Fantastic Four for example? I'm pretty sure he gets listed as a producer on all of them, whether he touched it or not, doesn't he?
Hes helped produce every single movie since Fox's first X men long before that first Iron Man came out...

This is movies before the MCU alone

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer (executive producer)
2007 Spider-Man 3 (executive producer)
2006 X-Men: The Last Stand (executive producer)
2005/I Fantastic Four (executive producer)
2005 Man-Thing (executive producer)
2005 Elektra (co-producer)
2004 Blade: Trinity (co-producer)
2004 Spider-Man 2 (executive producer)
2004 The Punisher (executive producer)
2003 Hulk (executive producer)
2003 X-Men 2 (co-producer)
2003 Daredevil (co-producer)
2000 X-Men (associate producer)

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah we have no idea how much he really had to do with some of those. Producer and especially executive producer covers a wide range of involvement. This could be terrible news or a mostly non story.

Column_sl

shitlord
To me it doesn't bode well when some of the Major architects in comics are dissolved, and all that are left are the money men.

We shall see.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Hes helped produce every single movie since Fox's first X men long before that first Iron Man came out...

This is movies before the MCU alone

2004 Blade: Trinity (co-producer)
2004 Spider-Man 2 (executive producer)
2004 The Punisher (executive producer)

2003 X-Men 2 (co-producer)

2000 X-Men (associate producer)
MMMhmmmmmmmm.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked Trinity, but Ryan Reynolds is on the short list of guys that if I had to go gay, it would be with him, and Jessica Biels was in it, whom I am decidedly hetero for. And it had Triple H in it!

Seriously though, I didn't think it was bad. Back to the point though, I doubt Feige had much of anything to do creatively with almost all of those movies you listed. Or if he did, he has obviously learned from them.

Column_sl

shitlord
Trinity is fucking bad. That is definitely an Astro creep quality movie.

Admitting that is just uck. I don't even want to look at you.

Seriously though, I didn't think it was bad. Back to the point though, I doubt Feige had much of anything to do creatively with almost all of those movies you listed. Or if he did, he has obviously learned from them.
That is a lot of assumptions.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Dracula part was dumb, everything else was alright. Ryan Reynolds was great and Jessica Biel is.. Jessica Biel.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Trinity is fucking bad. That is definitely an Astro creep quality movie.

Admitting that is just uck. I don't even want to look at you.

That is a lot of assumptions.
You made the same number of assumptions in asking why those movies sucked so bad if he was involved though.

Column_sl

shitlord
You made the same number of assumptions in asking why those movies sucked so bad if he was involved though.
He was involved, and they did suck. So what assumption is that..

What we know is real comic book creators were involved in the current crop of successful MCU films, and now they will no longer be.

Ant Man was a terrific film, and they cite the creative committee as one of the key issues of Edgar Wright leaving that project.

As much as I love Edgars movies, I have no clue what he was planning to do with that movie.