Marvel Universe stuff

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wonder how it is Black Panter is gonna be on Starks side, in Civil War 2007 Starks side had all the money, the government backing, all the brains (stark/richards/pym) and basically everyone was white.

Caps side had all the oppressed, rejects and minorities. You had housewife Sue Storm go against Reed, when black Goliath was killed by crazy zombie cyborg thor, Black Panter and Storm (who i guess represents the Mutants, traditionally the oppressed blacks of the 60s) join up w/ Cap, and more black like the young black cap from young avengers(no one knows his stupid name, it's probably young justice), Falcon, Cloak and Dagger Tyron, Cage.

And now they put Black Panter on Iron Mans side, i wonder if thats just to balance out the minorities, I'm pretty sure Civil War 2007 Rhodes was also on Iron Mans side, but i mean he's a paid employee of Stark, and i think at that time he had half a body or was blown up like Robocop or something, so he wore the War Machine suit 24/7 cuz he was uggo.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
If Iron Man couldn't stop him the way he did (or something similar), what did you want to happen? I see three options: a) Hulk destroys the world, b) some omnipotent previously unknown being stops him, or c) Black Widow sings him a lullaby. Which of those do you think is better for the movie and simultaneously more entertaining than what happened?
Punch Hulk, and fly to the edge of the city. Hulk leaps after him until Stark leads him into the savannah or a jungle. Stark flies off and hides. After about 30 minutes of nothing to be angry at, Hulk changes back to Banner?

Haven't read the comics in a while, but I don't ever recall Hulk staying in perpetual rage by thrashing random objects like trees.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm pretty sure I read a comic where Ant Man shrunk someone down to the size of an atom, and then left them there. If they write him like that, who couldn't he beat?

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Based on alot of the comics and the current disney avengers cartoon ant mans shrinking growing abilities are unstable and can only last a fixed amount of time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wonder how it is Black Panter is gonna be on Starks side, in Civil War 2007 Starks side had all the money, the government backing, all the brains (stark/richards/pym) and basically everyone was white.

Caps side had all the oppressed, rejects and minorities. You had housewife Sue Storm go against Reed, when black Goliath was killed by crazy zombie cyborg thor, Black Panter and Storm (who i guess represents the Mutants, traditionally the oppressed blacks of the 60s) join up w/ Cap, and more black like the young black cap from young avengers(no one knows his stupid name, it's probably young justice), Falcon, Cloak and Dagger Tyron, Cage.

And now they put Black Panter on Iron Mans side, i wonder if thats just to balance out the minorities, I'm pretty sure Civil War 2007 Rhodes was also on Iron Mans side, but i mean he's a paid employee of Stark, and i think at that time he had half a body or was blown up like Robocop or something, so he wore the War Machine suit 24/7 cuz he was uggo.
Black Panther is the authoritarian monarch of an enormously wealthy African nation. I can easily see him supporting the idea of registration.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Punch Hulk, and fly to the edge of the city. Hulk leaps after him until Stark leads him into the savannah or a jungle. Stark flies off and hides. After about 30 minutes of nothing to be angry at, Hulk changes back to Banner?

Haven't read the comics in a while, but I don't ever recall Hulk staying in perpetual rage by thrashing random objects like trees.
yeah there is ways to handle Hulk, trying to justify hulk already being passed out or giving up makes that battles even worse

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Black Panther is the authoritarian monarch of an enormously wealthy African nation. I can easily see him supporting the idea of registration.
That one African Nation hasONEsuperhero, 100% usually the King or Queen, and bestowed upon by the Panter God. (maybe 2 if you count the former Queen, Storm before TChalla turned Shaft and Annulled that marriage, He also banished mutants from Wakanda since Namor attacked)

Of course there are minor Wakandans w/ abilities, since the Vibranium has some mutagen effects, and some other weird ass cults like a Monkey cult or Lion cult that give kinda almost the same abilities.

But there's no reason for the King of another country who is almost solely the only superhero representative to support registration.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do admit it's kinda weird for them to be showing a character they haven't even introduced to the MCU yet taking one of the sides in the war. I don't actually see any reason for MCU T'challa to be drawn into the conflict in the first place, so whatever they use to pull him in will probably also dictate what side he aligns with.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Sure, that would work, but would it be fun to watch?

I can't believe everyone is so bent out of shape over what was obviously a callback bit of humor.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That one African Nation hasONEsuperhero, 100% usually the King or Queen, and bestowed upon by the Panter God. (maybe 2 if you count the former Queen, Storm before TChalla turned Shaft and Annulled that marriage, He also banished mutants from Wakanda since Namor attacked)

Of course there are minor Wakandans w/ abilities, since the Vibranium has some mutagen effects, and some other weird ass cults like a Monkey cult or Lion cult that give kinda almost the same abilities.

But there's no reason for the King of another country who is almost solely the only superhero representative to support registration.
This is like the 4th time in the last page you have called him the Black Panter, and I see your h key works. Is this some kind of black superhero doubled over gasping for air who uses a paper bag as his weapon or something?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Tat one African Nation asONEsuperero, 100% usually te King or Queen, and bestowed upon by te Panter God. (maybe 2 if you count te former Queen, Storm before TCalla turned Saft and Annulled tat marriage, e also banised mutants from Wakanda since Namor attacked)

Of course tere are minor Wakandans w/ abilities, since te Vibranium as some mutagen effects, and some oter weird ass cults like a Monkey cult or Lion cult tat give kinda almost te same abilities.

But tere's no reason for te King of anoter country wo is almost solely te only superero representative to support registration.
Fixed that for you, to comply with Genjiro's request.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Actually I thought I had read that Black Panther is more or less neutral in the movie, but I guess they had to fit him on the poster somewhere.

And I can see ant-man just getting inside of iron man / war machine's suit and causing mayhem that way. WTB scene of ant-man inside Stark's helmet poking him in the eyeball.

Also, the trend seems to be Caps power level is doubling every movie and it's not like Tony is going to casually pop people like grapes with his anti-tank missile. It's going to be all fists and non-lethals.

I guess Falcon can be used to like, deliver mail or something.

EDIT: Ant-Man can ride his drone!

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Except in the comic book, he said he had diplomatic immunity, and went against Iron Man on it. They even fought over it. Black Panther said he was above it all and said GTFO away from my embassy. He's wearing armor made from Vibranium and using the Black Knight's sword (the magical one that can cut through anything).

rrr_img_108128.jpg

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm talking about MCU Panter. Except I guess we don't actually know that he's an authoritarian, or that MCU Wakanda is enormously wealthy. Sure Vibranium is worth an incredible amount, but if MCU Wakanda doesn't trade any of it, they wouldn't be particularly wealthy. Although I guess they have to be capable enough of defending it that it was easier for Ultron to track Klaw down for his Vibranium rather than raid Wakanda for it.

Regardless, there was no reason for him to choose a side in the comics until Iron Man forced the issue. Similarly, there will be no reason for MCU Black Panter to take sides until something happens that draws him in, and whatever event it is that pulls him in will determine which side he is on, just like the comics.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Regardless, there was no reason for him to choose a side in the comics until Iron Man forced the issue.
Remember IronMan forced the issue by having the whitest of the Gods, crazy cyborg doppelganger kill a D-list black character. Even then i don't remember Black Panther doing shit during Civil War except to say "me and my bitch Storm side w/ Cap, cuz you know allegory for racism and shit".

I mean it doesn't make sense in the end of Civil War 2007, Iron Mans team mainly comprised of the boring white guy big brains, a bunch of dumb white chicks who can't think for themselves, the one minority Blade, and thats just cuz he wants to use SHIELD resources to hunt mo vampires and the Thunderbolts (supervillians/Suicide Squad).

Not to mention the evil shit Stark did to Parker. He had Parker work for IRL to make money and idolize Stark, then he persuades him to out himself, then he gets Mary Jane and Aunt May to live in Avengers Tower cuz it's awesome but also as hostages sorta, then he creates the Scarlet Spider robo suit for Parker, only it was always collecting data on how to overcome Spiderman "IF" he defected.

He basically said "look Pete, you could be rich and famous like me, and live in this awesome Tower w/ a cool Iron Man suit of your own, go reveal your secret identity, it'll be cool!"

How are they gonna have a magic formula like that? idk, this was before Iron Man 2008, basically the movie that kickstarter Marvel Studios to life, so i doubt they'll make Robert Downey into a super evil fuck. I mean Cap will always be a dumb time displaced optimist, you had to transform Iron Man into a villian to give this war some weight.

Did we forget the one way Negative zone prison for their superhero "friends" who don't register? (i mean it was supposed to be another slight at Guantanamo)

Iron Man has to be an evil fuck to fight against Cap, who the hell would want to follow Iron Mans lead? Why the hell would Black Panther side with Stark.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think Iron Man has to be an evil fuck--honestly the way the Comics handled it was obtuse. Whole thing would have been far more interesting if they made the divide as nuanced and sympathetic as the choices the U.S. makes in the real world. It's completely possible to make Iron Man for registration and be sympathetic. Have the movie start with a couple mass killings by Super Heroes, show how with registration the Avengers or SHIELD could have prevented it--go to great lengths about how mutant oversight would have checks and balances, and so would have some protections for mutant/super rights. (Really stress this is NOT going to be used to put mutants/super heroes into ghettos or prison; stress how their rights will be protected, but they do need some monitoring due to their powers).

Then have the other side have a mixture of legit complaints (Obviously), butalsoparanoia (Any registration=Nazism). Have the Anti-registration people be somewhat unorganized and have some pockets of it be militant and out of caps control. Have one of those militant pockets strike the first blow when registration starts by a rogue super hero (Some random dude from Agents of Shield) bombing a registration office. But then have Cap say something a-typically joe-good-guy like "Don't give up liberty for security and one bad person shouldn't produce a witch hunt" (IE Ideals that will add a sympathetic side even though the anti-registration people would be terrorists at this point.)....Then have this escalate.

With just a little effort you could build a very nuanced, very interesting story without having a really "bad" guy (The "good guy" might simply be MORE sympathetic.)...Counter Captain America's noble idealism with nativity and real harm, and Cap won't have the pure more high ground. His side will still be the protagonists, for sure (He'll be fighting for an ideal above personal safety, rar rar freedom or death); but it leaves Stark as a "good man" being guided by fear and security, with the ultimate intention of trying to save lives and strike a balance between liberty and security. (Which is far more sympathetic than him being an evil douche.)

Anyway, best part about the Civil War for me? Was the unintentional analogy to weapon registration in the U.S....You have the normally super-liberal comic fan core finding it is "evil" to register powers (Weapons), and siding with Captain America who would be a radical second amendment nut in the real world for wanting to keep powers that can destroy wholecitiesunregistered and completely untracked. It really is too bad they didn't play up THAT angle of lack of registration, to make everyone think about the nuances of security vs liberty.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Unconfirmed rumors

Tony finds out that Winter Solider killed his father and wants to bring him in for his crimes agaisnt America. Cap knowing he was brainwashed doesn't want to turn him in to an obviously vengeful Tony so he hides him and it splits up the superhero community into two teams one who wants to hold superheroes accountable for their actions and caps team that thinks he's innocent. It's basically civil war merged with the trial of Captain America.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unconfirmed rumors

Tony finds out that Winter Solider killed his father and wants to bring him in for his crimes agaisnt America. Cap knowing he was brainwashed doesn't want to turn him in to an obviously vengeful Tony so he hides him and it splits up the superhero community into two teams one who wants to hold superheroes accountable for their actions and caps team that thinks he's innocent. It's basically civil war merged with the trial of Captain America.
That actually seems very plausible, given the dynamics of what has evolved up too this point. It sounds pretty good.

Column_sl

shitlord
For those who haven't been following, Marvel Studios was recently taken away from Marvel Entertainment, and was widely seen as a power struggle between Disney chairman Alan Horn and Marvel CEO Isaac Perlmutter that Horn won. According to Birth Movies Death, it appears the Creative Committee - which consisted of Kevin Feige, Brian Michael Bendis, Joe Quesada, Alan Fine and Dan Buckley, and weighed in on every Marvel movie - is officially no more, as well. In other words, Disney can make whatever Marvel movies it likes and Marvel itself doesn't get much of a vote.
Shit.... God dammit, I hope that Disney doesn't pull a Fox and start sinking this ship.