Marvel Universe stuff

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
He was involved, and they did suck. So what assumption is that..

What we know is real comic book creators were involved in the current crop of successful MCU films, and now they will not.
The assumption that he had anything to do with it besides a name in the credits. We're arguing stuff we can't know though, and semantics, so it doesn't really matter. I'm optimistic, but we'll just have to see I guess.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wait, did we miss the news that this fuck is the new spider-man?
Tom-Holland-06232015.jpg

tom holland?

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
wait, did we miss the news that this fuck is the new spider-man?
Tom-Holland-06232015.jpg

tom holland?
No one cares about Spiderman anymore. Amazing Spiderman made people stop caring. He's not as ruined as Fantastic Four, but he's ruined. Every successive Spiderman movie has gone backwards, in terms of sales, at a time where C players like Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man are doing well at the box office.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If they're just gonna throw away spider-man w/ some doofy looking white boy, then go and just kill peter parker and use the black johnny flame from F4 to play Mile Morales.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So you're saying they should use the Gwen Stacy Clone Spider-Man? How would that help anything?
that's actually alternate universe Gwen Stacy (Spider Gwen)"what if Gwen Stacy had spider powers instead of Peter Parker", cool one issue, then as always, just shit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh, I was thinking it was part of the Ultimate Universe when Gwen came back from the dead with spider powers, then it was revealed that she was a clone. It got a bit convoluted.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had no idea what the origin of Spider-Gwen was, I just knew it was a thing because of Marvel Heroes.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Comic book movies are a no-brainer for actors now, but before Marvel hit it big with their "Phase One" films, superhero films were a gamble, and actor Chris Evans, who plays Captain America, and once played Johnny Storm in two Fantastic Four films.
This is the first "sentence" from that article.

I'm disturbed by the increasing frequency at which I see things like that.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
RDJ "psst... Chris... come here..."
CHRIS "What's up Robert?"
RDJ "We are printing money and other than athletes, we're the most recognized people in the world. We should do this forever."
CHRIS "But..."
RDJ "Shhhhhh.... fore ev verrrrrr."
CHRIS "Umm, yeah ok. Sounds good."

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Chris Evans Wants to Extended Contract With Marvel - Yahoo Games

Remember "LOL HE HATES DOING THE MOVIES HE'S QUITTING!!!"

Guess not.
I don't think it is coincidence the big shake up happens, and you see this. I'm willing to bet all the main principles just got offered producer credits, and thus an actual chunk of the gross rather than net (Which is what I suspect everyone but RDJ had before, which given Hollywood accounting, even a block buster can "net" very little). From what I've been reading, the old Marvel head was frugal, to say the least, and RDJ was the only one in many of these deals. With better profit sharing, Evans can afford to literally make his own movies when he's done, if they've offered him something the allows him to take his cut before a lot of the bullshit expenses (Which is what producers and/or huge title actors like RDJ get).

Also; he said he was really interested in doing a training arc with Spider Man (Which, if the above guess is correct, he'll get a slice of those films too). Plus I bet he got some major promises of support for his directing career in 10 years or so has him hooked in. Except for RDJ, I wouldn't be surprised to see them all make these deals so Marvel can have a phase 4 where they pass torches in a more controlled manner. I'd be willing to bet the big change was specifically so Disney could make those deals without the legendary miser shitting on them.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had no idea what the origin of Spider-Gwen was, I just knew it was a thing because of Marvel Heroes.
Before Secret Wars 2015, Spider-Verse was happening at the beginning of the year, wtf was it? well it's mostly shit, cuz it's spider-man and you just can't make him interesting really, but Dan Slot tried really hard! What was the purpose? probably just to bring back or bring to the front useless versions of Spider-man and see which ones the public liked.

Like Miguel O'Hara. yea who? fucking Spider-man 2099, who the fuck cares.
Ultimate Spider-man Miles Morales,
oh wait he sucked, so we'll try to reanimate Ultimate white Peter Parker too
How about an Asian Spider-woman! who hates clothes and likes to use her webbing as a uniform! and since Peter Parker isn't w/ MJ no more, Peter can get some of that Yellow Fever!, and we'll give her a cool name like Silk!
along with bringing back Morlun and stupid clone Kaine and other shit, ppl seemed attached to Spider-Gwen

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
Hulk: Captain America: Civil War appearance wont happen | EW.com

"The reason [for Hulk's disappearance] is too great to be revealed in [Civil War]," Ruffalo said. "I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don't want to reveal where is he and why. I don't even know if Hulk will be back soon."

Article also says that planet hulk movie probably wont happen, which makes me sad. although to be done right, I think a planet hulk movie would probably be by far the most expensive movie evar made.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hulk: Captain America: Civil War appearance wont happen | EW.com

?The reason [for Hulk?s disappearance] is too great to be revealed in [Civil War],? Ruffalo said. ?I was in the script but then they removed my character. They don?t want to reveal where is he and why. I don?t even know if Hulk will be back soon.?

Article also says that planet hulk movie probably wont happen, which makes me sad. although to be done right, I think a planet hulk movie would probably be by far the most expensive movie evar made.
I think this is a good sign though. They're not forcing characters or stories for the sake of money because they know they're making all the money in the world so there's no pressure. They have also realized that when you make the character right or pretty close at least, people receive them well. Heck, they made Hawkeye pretty popular among comic and non-comic book fans. Not to say Hawkeye isn't cool but it's pretty sad that he's probably being booked on Late Night shows than any Spiderman or Fantastic Four just because he's part of the Avengers.

I hate to go awhile without Ruffalo because he's really good but if he's not meant to be there than so be it. I have no reason to distrust them at this point. After The Hobbitt, which i'm not near as disappointed as many, the Chronicles of Narnia, StarWars (Lucas), and pretty well anything Fox/Sony has touched in the Comic Universe, it's nice to have some faith in somebody.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was nothing wrong with the Chronicles of Narnia movies aside from being based on shitty books.