Marvel Universe stuff

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
its irrelevant when Monica Rambeau was Captain Marvel. Infinity War was an even older concept and they used it. the Cheese Bandit is on her way out.
You keep reaching for excuses there buddy. I am not a Brie fan, but she's not gonna be canned.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
all i know is Rambeu is on a hit Disney show now and Cheeto Bandito hasnt been seen in 2 years
I think it's even funnier that you are anti SJW Brie, but are rooting for the Dear White People BLM SJW. Oh, and Rambeau is on a TV show with other Avengers that don't have their own movie series and has nothing to do with Captain Marvel. Reach harder.

edit: Isn't this "hit show" the one you've been saying is terrible for weeks?

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think it's even funnier that you are anti SJW Brie, but are rooting for the Dear White People BLM SJW. Oh, and Rambeau is on a TV show with other Avengers that don't have their own movie series and has nothing to do with Captain Marvel. Reach harder.

edit: Isn't this "hit show" the one you've been saying is terrible for weeks?
it has a horrible sitcom filler theme with 5 minutes of story in a 20 minute episode. but that doesnt mean the show isnt a hit. lots of dummies out there who think they are getting original programming.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
it has a horrible sitcom filler theme with 5 minutes of story in a 20 minute episode. but that doesnt mean the show isnt a hit. lots of dummies out there who think they are getting original programming.
5HR.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They will keep Brie but turn her into one of the primary villains (I still say she always was going to be a Big Bad) because she comes across as a villain trying to pretend to be a hero anyways in what little of I have seen so it might play.

• 1Garbage

nu_11

In real life, Mackie is more Captain American than Chris Evans

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Whats yalls take on Age of Ultron?

I just rewatched it. I felt it was pretty weak. Joss Whedon was trying way too hard for great scenes, and I thought some of his slow motion at the beginning and end was just stupid. The Avengers felt weak. The plot was weird. I still don't understand why Thor did the lightning bolt into Ultron. Wanda was younger and fucking gorgeous. Quicksilver was fine, goofy accents all around. Ultron... I enjoy James Spader, but the "bad guy" was just stupid. It's a fucking robot that has vibranium. And Thor can't solo him? Come on. I had forgotten that Hulk was in a ship by himself and that's how they setup Thor: Ragnarok, that's awesome. Vision is badass, I have always liked Paul Bettany (Wimbledom, Knights Tale, etc), and the character is just awesome. The conversation with Ultron at the end was great "You're naive." "Well I was born yesterday."

I actually was surprised to remember there was no Avengers between this weaker movie, and then the insanely fucking awesome Infinity War / Endgame. Although, I think most of consider Captain America: Civil War to be Avengers 2.5. It's a better Avengers movie than Ultron is. But the contrast between the antagonist Ultron and Thanos is night and day, Thanos is a fucking amazing villain, and it's believable that he's just the true badass and can fight off the Avengers. And the contrast between the movies Ultron and Infinity War / Endgame is ridiculous too. IW/Endgame are just so fucking good. Thank god they figured that out.

Did anyone notice that Hawkeye's kids middle name was Pietro in honor of Quicksilver? Revealed right at the end.
Cant add much to what’s already been said by others, but I feel it was an utter waste of Spader’s voice. Ultron was a compelling villain, but Joss Whedon was the wrong guy. Give it to the guys doing Winter Soldier through Endgame and I bet they make a much better movie.

it’s essentially the Terminator plot, but Spader could have been an all time great villain with better writing. You nailed that the best exchange in the whole movie is the end between Vision and Ultron.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think ultron himself is great. His intro "strings" scene is really well done, but that's almost exclusively due to spader.

The problem with the movie is really due to joss going outside his wheelhouse. He does his best work with witty, light-hearted group dialogue but the whole movie had a very sinister plot and a lot of deep psyche issues with stark trying to put a suit of armor around the world. He was going into some real big brother thought processes but for a good reason and there's a TON of nuance there, but whedon doesn't really do nuance like that.

It was a great opportunity to show real fracturing but it mostly came off as cartoonist.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I hope they explore how racial segregation has helped wakanda thrive
maybe they will also explain how they let "colonisers" take all those slaves and with their extremley advanced tech, decided not lift a finger to stop it.

• 1Worf