Marvel Universe stuff

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean there's nothing preventing them from flat out saying Agents of Shield is not canon, but they'd have to do that to cast Adrianne Palicki again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean there's nothing preventing them from flat out saying Agents of Shield is not canon, but they'd have to do that to cast Adrianne Palicki again.
its no biggie
4ca06dff9512cf255d134f31c63a49c4.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
everytime I see her, i'm reminded that she and Tormund didn't get together.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Goatface

It would actually be amazing if they did the Thor transformation and female Thor was like Gwendoline Christie or something.

wish they did the donald blake = thor, crazy donald story is one of most interesting thor idea in years.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ya, Tennant and JJ's interactions/storyline made season 1 solid.

JJ had a hero's journey just like any other protagonist in S1, the bad guy being a confident and powerful rapist is some of the best advertisty a female character can have.

Kill Bill is similar with a women specific villian who kills then later revealed kidnaps her unborn child.

I didn't watch the second half of S2 but I image it's problems like in the video I linked where ideologically a women can't have too much struggle anymore. Didn't they not really have a villian?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Or they could just keep her as Mockingbird, since she's been in different iterations of the Avengers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Or they could just keep her as Mockingbird, since she's been in different iterations of the Avengers.
its not like she was on the show long term. 31 episodes, she was getting very popular, then they yanked her off the show with a promise of her own show. which they backed out of, so now she does nothing. its not like they dont have the same actors playing different roles in the MCU.
Kenneth-Choi.jpg

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Whats yalls take on Age of Ultron?

I just rewatched it. I felt it was pretty weak. Joss Whedon was trying way too hard for great scenes, and I thought some of his slow motion at the beginning and end was just stupid. The Avengers felt weak. The plot was weird. I still don't understand why Thor did the lightning bolt into Ultron. Wanda was younger and fucking gorgeous. Quicksilver was fine, goofy accents all around. Ultron... I enjoy James Spader, but the "bad guy" was just stupid. It's a fucking robot that has vibranium. And Thor can't solo him? Come on. I had forgotten that Hulk was in a ship by himself and that's how they setup Thor: Ragnarok, that's awesome. Vision is badass, I have always liked Paul Bettany (Wimbledom, Knights Tale, etc), and the character is just awesome. The conversation with Ultron at the end was great "You're naive." "Well I was born yesterday."

I actually was surprised to remember there was no Avengers between this weaker movie, and then the insanely fucking awesome Infinity War / Endgame. Although, I think most of consider Captain America: Civil War to be Avengers 2.5. It's a better Avengers movie than Ultron is. But the contrast between the antagonist Ultron and Thanos is night and day, Thanos is a fucking amazing villain, and it's believable that he's just the true badass and can fight off the Avengers. And the contrast between the movies Ultron and Infinity War / Endgame is ridiculous too. IW/Endgame are just so fucking good. Thank god they figured that out.

Did anyone notice that Hawkeye's kids middle name was Pietro in honor of Quicksilver? Revealed right at the end.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whats yalls take on Age of Ultron?

I just rewatched it. I felt it was pretty weak. Joss Whedon was trying way too hard for great scenes, and I thought some of his slow motion at the beginning and end was just stupid. The Avengers felt weak. The plot was weird. I still don't understand why Thor did the lightning bolt into Ultron. Wanda was younger and fucking gorgeous. Quicksilver was fine, goofy accents all around. Ultron... I enjoy James Spader, but the "bad guy" was just stupid. It's a fucking robot that has vibranium. And Thor can't solo him? Come on. I had forgotten that Hulk was in a ship by himself and that's how they setup Thor: Ragnarok, that's awesome. Vision is badass, I have always liked Paul Bettany (Wimbledom, Knights Tale, etc), and the character is just awesome. The conversation with Ultron at the end was great "You're naive." "Well I was born yesterday."

I actually was surprised to remember there was no Avengers between this weaker movie, and then the insanely fucking awesome Infinity War / Endgame. Although, I think most of consider Captain America: Civil War to be Avengers 2.5. It's a better Avengers movie than Ultron is. But the contrast between the antagonist Ultron and Thanos is night and day, Thanos is a fucking amazing villain, and it's believable that he's just the true badass and can fight off the Avengers. And the contrast between the movies Ultron and Infinity War / Endgame is ridiculous too. IW/Endgame are just so fucking good. Thank god they figured that out.

Did anyone notice that Hawkeye's kids middle name was Pietro in honor of Quicksilver? Revealed right at the end.
It's ok for an Avengers film. Better than most of the most of the DCEU. It has has several good moments and even though it is weak. It sets a lot of future stuff up. So it's a must watch, unlike Captain Marvel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user