Marvel Universe stuff

nu_11

Whats yalls take on Age of Ultron?

I just rewatched it. I felt it was pretty weak. Joss Whedon was trying way too hard for great scenes, and I thought some of his slow motion at the beginning and end was just stupid. The Avengers felt weak. The plot was weird. I still don't understand why Thor did the lightning bolt into Ultron. Wanda was younger and fucking gorgeous. Quicksilver was fine, goofy accents all around. Ultron... I enjoy James Spader, but the "bad guy" was just stupid. It's a fucking robot that has vibranium. And Thor can't solo him? Come on. I had forgotten that Hulk was in a ship by himself and that's how they setup Thor: Ragnarok, that's awesome. Vision is badass, I have always liked Paul Bettany (Wimbledom, Knights Tale, etc), and the character is just awesome. The conversation with Ultron at the end was great "You're naive." "Well I was born yesterday."

I actually was surprised to remember there was no Avengers between this weaker movie, and then the insanely fucking awesome Infinity War / Endgame. Although, I think most of consider Captain America: Civil War to be Avengers 2.5. It's a better Avengers movie than Ultron is. But the contrast between the antagonist Ultron and Thanos is night and day, Thanos is a fucking amazing villain, and it's believable that he's just the true badass and can fight off the Avengers. And the contrast between the movies Ultron and Infinity War / Endgame is ridiculous too. IW/Endgame are just so fucking good. Thank god they figured that out.

Did anyone notice that Hawkeye's kids middle name was Pietro in honor of Quicksilver? Revealed right at the end.
Quicksilver sacrificed himself for Hawkeye and the best he got was a middle name???

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

I just rewatched it. I felt it was pretty weak. Joss Whedon was trying way too hard for great scenes, and I thought some of his slow motion at the beginning and end was just stupid. The Avengers felt weak. The plot was weird. I still don't understand why Thor did the lightning bolt into Ultron. Wanda was younger and fucking gorgeous. Quicksilver was fine, goofy accents all around. Ultron... I enjoy James Spader, but the "bad guy" was just stupid. It's a fucking robot that has vibranium. And Thor can't solo him? Come on. I had forgotten that Hulk was in a ship by himself and that's how they setup Thor: Ragnarok, that's awesome. Vision is badass, I have always liked Paul Bettany (Wimbledom, Knights Tale, etc), and the character is just awesome. The conversation with Ultron at the end was great "You're naive." "Well I was born yesterday."

I actually was surprised to remember there was no Avengers between this weaker movie, and then the insanely fucking awesome Infinity War / Endgame. Although, I think most of consider Captain America: Civil War to be Avengers 2.5. It's a better Avengers movie than Ultron is. But the contrast between the antagonist Ultron and Thanos is night and day, Thanos is a fucking amazing villain, and it's believable that he's just the true badass and can fight off the Avengers. And the contrast between the movies Ultron and Infinity War / Endgame is ridiculous too. IW/Endgame are just so fucking good. Thank god they figured that out.

Did anyone notice that Hawkeye's kids middle name was Pietro in honor of Quicksilver? Revealed right at the end.
Thor had a vision that Vision would be important in Infinity War, so chose to activate him?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

Thor had a vision that Vision would be important in Infinity War, so chose to activate him?

Wasn’t Vision part of his vision when he got drunk or whatever with that professor guy. I can’t remember what movie that happened in. Maybe Thor 2: The Great Elvening. Only saw it once.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wasn’t Vision part of his vision when he got drunk or whatever with that professor guy. I can’t remember what movie that happened in. Maybe Thor 2: The Great Elvening. Only saw it once.
that DEs in that were pretty shitty.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Thor had his dream/vision/whatever when SW touched him when they went after Klaue/Ultron in Africa. In that abandoned bigass boat or whatever it was. The line that comes later after he brings Vision to life is something along the lines of "I had a vision and at the center of it was this" and he points at the Mind Stone in Vision's forehead.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

You left out Klaw, who I thought did a great job. As for Ultron the villain, since they swapped out Adamantium for Vibranium I think it detracts somewhat. Adamantium is just plain indestructible. Ultron 5 being pure admantium lets him shrug off Thor. Vibranium is powerful but absorbs energy as its "trait". Its why Cap's shield being indestructible Adamantium/ energy absorbing Vibranium mixture in the comics is so bad ass.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You left out Klaw, who I thought did a great job. As for Ultron the villain, since they swapped out Adamantium for Vibranium I think it detracts somewhat. Adamantium is just plain indestructible. Ultron 5 being pure admantium lets him shrug off Thor. Vibranium is powerful but absorbs energy as its "trait". Its why Cap's shield being indestructible Adamantium/ energy absorbing Vibranium mixture in the comics is so bad ass.
Adamantium hasn't been introduced yet in the MCU. I think it might have been part of the X-Men deal before since the most popular use of it is Wolverine. I assume though now, that we will see Adamantium soon.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Adamantium hasn't been introduced yet in the MCU. I think it might have been part of the X-Men deal before since the most popular use of it is Wolverine. I assume though now, that we will see Adamantium soon.
Seems a little late to put it in now. Ultron, Wolverine and Cap's shield are the big three I can think of that used it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Seems a little late to put it in now. Ultron, Wolverine and Cap's shield are the big three I can think of that used it.
I mean we'll probably see it with Wolverine. Considering they showed that Thanos could destroy Caps shield they need to have it so that Wolverine is actually indestructible. I certainly don't want bone claw Wolvie.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean we'll probably see it with Wolverine. Considering they showed that Thanos could destroy Caps shield they need to have it so that Wolverine is actually indestructible. I certainly don't want bone claw Wolvie.
are they still looking for a new Wolverine or did Hugh Jackman change his mind?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
are they still looking for a new Wolverine or did Hugh Jackman change his mind?
If Hugh comes back it's going to be cameo style. He's not gonna come back full time. I also kind of hope they just recast them all. They can do their multiverse thing and show the older X-Men as alternate versions. I really like Taron Egerton as a new Wolvie personally.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
So, I watched the movie Wimbledon last night. For some reason I really enjoy it.

But, I noticed it was really Avengers 0.5...

It had:

1. Jarvis / Vision
2. Mary Jane (spidermans girlfriend)
3. Happy
4. Professor X / Charles Xavier
5. Odin (the "actor Odin" from the play Loki puts on honoring himself at the beginning of Thor: Ragnarok)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was decent, even if it was just a sappy romcom drama.

Honestly, I preferred Blue Jasmine, even if there's no sports in that one. It's just a Woody Allen directed romcom featuring Andrew Dice Clay.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Brie Larson is a bitch and pretty much hated by the fan base
Rumors swirl about her being booted out of the MCU
Monica Rambeau is being pushed big time in phase 4
She was also a version of Captain Marvel in the comics, might we be seeing the new iteration of Captain Marvel?
I hope so, I like the actress much more than I do (as Chukzombi puts it) the Cheese Thief.

• 1Worf

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Brie Larson is a bitch and pretty much hated by the fan base
Rumors swirl about her being booted out of the MCU
Monica Rambeau is being pushed big time in phase 4
She was also a version of Captain Marvel in the comics, might we be seeing the new iteration of Captain Marvel?
I hope so, I like the actress much more than I do (as Chukzombi puts it) the Cheese Thief.
Monica Rambeau hasn't been called Captain Marvel for like 25 years. Most likely this is the Spectrum version. If she even has powers at this point. Brie Larson has been supposedly gone for years now. You all were saying Captain Marvel 2 was going to be cancelled not too long ago. Gina Carano will be fired before Brie is.

• 1Barf
  • 1Wow!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Monica Rambeau hasn't been called Captain Marvel for like 25 years. Most likely this is the Spectrum version. If she even has powers at this point. Brie Larson has been supposedly gone for years now. You all were saying Captain Marvel 2 was going to be cancelled not too long ago. Gina Carano will be fired before Brie is.
the infinity war comic series was released in 1992