Marvel Universe stuff

Goatface

I think losing RDJ, Evans and others really put the brakes on future projects. Unless they had a way to keep building momentum using different characters, but then... make it a girl and make it gay.
boseman was supposed to be the main with phase4+. what i read that totally changed the course.
it was still going to a lot of chick replacements tho.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I went through all the MCU films of phase 1 to three and they started that that in Far From Home. They need those multiverse plots to keep everything going.

Don't remember any multiverse stuff in Far From Home, unless you're talking about Mysterio lying about where he came from. Earliest multiverse mention I can think of is Endgame when The Ancient One was talking about branching timelines

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Raimi is so inconsistent. He produces amazing shit. I guess the evil dead, dark man, Spider-Man 1-2. All great. Then turds like spiderman 3 and doctor strange 2. Strange 2 should have been an easy home run for this man.
I think this is probably Marvels fault. They change the script as they go and meddle hard core.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I think this is probably Marvels fault. They change the script as they go and meddle hard core.

Can't imagine it was his idea to backseat Strange for teenage girl nobody cares about or to have Strange just repeat the same arc he did in DS1 and Infinity War for the 3rd time.

Everything about the plot of that movie was garbage

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The Creator has a budget of 80M and grossed 104. How did it lose 91M? It was a pretty solid movie too.
Most movies have to make 2-2.5 times their budget to break even theatrically. Theaters get 40-60% of the gross in general, depending on how front or back loaded it is.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Most movies have to make 2-2.5 times their budget to break even theatrically. Theaters get 40-60% of the gross in general, depending on how front or back loaded it is.
Even considering that the numbers don't add up.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I get Black Panther is mediocre and was artificially inflated, but you tell me you couldn’t have built on Boseman and Cumberbatch along with FF4 is a stretch if they’d stuck to rehashing critical stories from the 70’s and 80’s. I mean even the Spider-Man kid is liked well enough that most of us begrudgingly look past the butchering of MJ and removal of uncle Ben. Losing Boseman to cancer sucked but they also knew that and should have had a plan. Pretty sure he was diagnosed well before infinity war.

I didn’t mind WandaVision that much. She’s been bad at times in the comics but they did nothing good with it and white vision has been mia unless I missed reading about it. I haven’t watched any of this since falcon and winter soldier and No Way Home.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, that picture is full of guesses, so yeah, it's not accurate at all. They don't have enough exact information to be making to the dollar claims about films, not even close.

Still, it's highly improbable that The Creator was financial successful theatrically by any metric, even assuming best case scenarios.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Losing Boseman to cancer sucked but they also knew that and should have had a plan. Pretty sure he was diagnosed well before infinity war.

He never told them

1703557486612.png

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Losing more than you spent is hard to do. I'm guessing they either spent a lot on marketing and the source for this has solid inside info, or they pulled some numbers out of their ass

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Losing more than you spent is hard to do. I'm guessing they either spent a lot on marketing and the source for this has solid inside info, or they pulled some numbers out of their ass
Well, there's losing money like Marvels burning up fleets of ships full of cash, then there's Hollywood accounting where the film makes money until Actor A who owns Production Company A, Catering Company A, Lodging Rental Company A, Transportation Company A, gets paid. Press junkets that deliver actors via privates jets, motorhome rentals at $1500 a night, catered for $500 a day type of thing. Oh look, we lost money, no tax, thanks! Easy to lose money when people with primary interests back their tractor trailer units up to the piggy bank, and that's aside from their official cut of front end/middle end/back end salary.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
they let it happen, Feige wanted to replace all the men with women. i dont know why he wanted to do that. he should have been focusing on a new story that was interesting. nope just replacing the men. thats all phase 4 was.
So he only has to pay them 70% as much as the men, duh!
Callous, but that had to piss off some at marvel. I never knew that. He should have passed on the role.
I'm not an expert on this, thankfully, but most people (or at least ones as young and seemingly strong as Boseman) go into a cancer diagnosis thinking they can beat it, I think. They also seem to not want people to know because then there is nothing but a sea of "oh shit, you have cancer" faces around you. Also, I have no idea the timeline between taking the role and diagnosis, maybe he'd already taken it?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
They should have just recast.

Keeps Boseman's legacy alive if people need to watch him as the first incarnation of the character to understand the next storyline.

How many people rewatch Richard Harris Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter kids movies before seeing the six young adult movies after?

Now the Black Panther franchise is ruined.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They should have just recast.

Keeps Boseman's legacy alive if people need to watch him as the first incarnation of the character to understand the next storyline.

How many people rewatch Richard Harris Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter kids movies before seeing the six young adult movies after?

Now the Black Panther franchise is ruined.
They should have just brought in Black Panter's long lost brother from America and let him take Boseman's place as BP...

denzel washington GIF

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
They sure aren't gonna have a chick black panther. I mean they can try, but I doubt it goes over well.

• 1Picard