Marvel Universe stuff

Nester

Vyemm Raider
While it is great news, especially for civil war, lets keep a level head here about the stand alone flicks

Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger.Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and havefinal creative control of the Spider-Man films.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'd imagine they're all about the MCU success even with minor characters and Spiderman is hardly that. This could be huge if it works out.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well Marvel said "No more origin stories", so who knows. I assume we'll get like a 10 minute opening montage/flashback for him in a new movie.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wonder how long this deal lasts and what exactly it entails. Sony still retaining creative control is a little ominous.

No more fucking spidey origin story PLEASE!
I could see them doing similar to what they did with Hulk, where they sorta-kinda acknowledge the Ed Norton movie as his origin but don't really come out and say it. We've already had two Spider-Man origin movies, and I think Marvel is smart enough to realize people don't need a third and want to see him doing something other than going through spider puberty. Regardless, this is fantastic news and I wouldn't even turn down seeing the MCU take on his origin.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well to be fair those are two different spider-men entirely. Tobeys followed the Marvel proper story line, and Garfield's follows Ultimate Spider-man I believe.

I doubt they will re visit Ultimate Spider-man at all.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The rumor mill has started about them using the Miles Morales Spider-Man, but imo that is silly talk.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
As much as marvel has tried to force feed us affirmative action spiderboy, it ain't gonna happen. plus the black boy is in a black spider costume, how on the nose do you want to get?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
As much as marvel has tried to force feed us affirmative action spiderboy, it ain't gonna happen. plus the black boy is in a black spider costume, how on the nose do you want to get?
yeah its not like they would cast a black actor to play a character that can "flame on"

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
NUIRtng.gif

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Imagine the cosmic energy that would be released if this new Fantastic Four movie fails as well, and Fox makes a deal with Marvel as well? Just for the Fantastic Four, they're doing a good job with X-Men.

Oh man....

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
The rumor mill has started about them using the Miles Morales Spider-Man, but imo that is silly talk.
there is no way
Why not? It would be a great way for Marvel to get an "ethic" main cast superhero in the mix while letting Sony keep control / take the risk. For conversation sake if they did decide to go black, couldDonald Gloveractually be in the running and if not, who could pull off a young Miles?