Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
It was mentioned before that the writers of AoS were big Overwatch fans. I was reminded of this with Ada's light weave gauntlets which seemed very Symmetra in nature and function.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I watched the scenes from the episode where she "died" and was brought back to life, and this one, and the clothing is inconclusive because she's wearing basically the same outfit in both. And at the end she's just in a bra and robe, so there is no telling when they swapped her. I still feel like it had to have been early in the season, but who knows. Either way, as I mentioned before, if it turns out to be evil AI I'm going to be annoyed. I suppose the most logical explanation is the Darkhold corrupting Aida, but I hope not.

Cybsled

You guys are overthinking it. Aida was fine until Darkhold, as evidenced by the stinger clip at the end of the episode where she makes the portal (she is making the brain schematic in secret). Of note, May was going to engage in dangerous behavior (read the book) and they already had info on May from her previous visit. Aida targets May as the first person to be replaced by a LMD to "protect" May from harm. May is tasked with picking Aida up in the next episode, Aida does the swap.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
closet may is wearing a bra, and robe. Swap was some other time. May was sleeping. But yeah, May was likely "a danger to herself", as the logic here.

Cybsled

Right, but then it becomes a question as to when the swap happened. It is reasonable to assume Aida didn't get corrupted until the Darkhold and from what we can assume, she was just chilling at Radcliff's house until the call was made to bring her to help deal with the bomb. I wouldn't read too much into what May is wearing. It can just as easily be what Aida dressed May in after the swap (it is also network TV, so can't have some naked woman laying around lol).

Ganthorn

N00b
closet may is wearing a bra, and robe. Swap was some other time. May was sleeping. But yeah, May was likely "a danger to herself", as the logic here.

I was thinking more like Aida took her uniform that she showed up in to pick her up for the LMD and put may in whatever

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Most probable case in my book would be that at the end of May's treatment and recovery from the ghost crap in her head she didn't really recover fully and was being kept around in the closet and the May they saw recovering was an LMD while it was getting it's download from the real May via that mind reading link gizmo.

Alternatively , it could even be the mind mapping gizmo letting May's consciousness work through the LMD. But I doubt they're ready to go that full on Phillip K Dick-ish with things.

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Someone needs to make Radcliffe watch all the Terminator movies."

"Even Salvation?"

"He brought this onto himself."

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Usually I'm an all thinks Marvel shill but uhg...
I know it's nice to flesh out characters but the Mac subplot felt like a prime time soap opera. The Sen. Nadir crap is annoying, and all the lines making you think each character was a robot had me rolling my eyes.

I was glad they cleared up May escape with the false reality. I kept bitching about how the hell she can be awake and cutting through straps with all the monitors going off for heart rate and brain activity.

Still a weak episode in my opinion. Saving grace is Aida being hot as hell. Actress was good looking in Galavant, but man she is banging on SHIELD.

Next week looks good though...
the return of Agent Koenig! I still wish they'd reveal that he was an LMD and the tech has been around for a while. Would be a nice nod to all Fury's LMDs in the comics. Plus Tony mentioned them in Avengers.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm liking the writing this season so far. Loved seeing Patton Oswald get more screen time. Any time he gets increases the shows positives in my opinion.

The only thing I don't like at this point is that essentially they have completely disconnected the show from the MCU, meaning we now essentially have a MTVU. With Feige watching the Inhuman's movie get punted into limbo which now means no real connections between the MCU and TV side because apparently the movie guys don't want to deal with and integrate the TV side.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aside from the Winter Soldier twist and occasional mentions of the Sokovia Accords, I don't think the movie and television universes have been very closely connected as it is. They've talked before about how it's really difficult to have a lot of crossover due to television and movies being produced in very different ways and over significantly different periods of time. I can't say I've noticed much difference since the Marvel Studios reorganization.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm liking the writing this season so far. Loved seeing Patton Oswald get more screen time. Any time he gets increases the shows positives in my opinion.

The only thing I don't like at this point is that essentially they have completely disconnected the show from the MCU, meaning we now essentially have a MTVU. With Feige watching the Inhuman's movie get punted into limbo which now means no real connections between the MCU and TV side because apparently the movie guys don't want to deal with and integrate the TV side.

Well Inhumans are coming to TV and Feige has said an Inhumans movie is still coming.

Really digging this season, prolly my favorite of the "superhero" shows on ATM.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Was looking ahead on the dvr guide...
more LMDs on the way. Discription was something like, with SHIELD overrun by LMDs, the team must work out trust issues in order to survive.

In my fanboy mind it's all still connected. TV with Coulson and Carter, Fruy and Hill. Netflix with the references to the battle of New York, and I'm still internally hoping for a Doctor Strange tie in at the end of The Defenders.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Same here. Going to be really disappointed if this turns out to be the final season, as is being speculated around the internet.